Chris Guedri is known by his peers as a take-charge lawyer. His forceful personality complements his formidable litigation and negotiation skills, allowing him to act as a strategic advocate for his clients. He brings to every case his strong intellect and his desire to win. Since joining Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen in 1991, Chris has focused his practice primarily on catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases stemming from trucking accidents, product liability, bus accidents, and traumatic brain injury.
Chris was named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America for 2014-2015 in the Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs category in Richmond, VA. Chris’ ability to master complex technical, scientific, and medical information has made him a powerful advocate in the broad range of personal injury cases he has handled for more than 30 years. His adversaries frequently offer premium settlements rather than engage him in a courtroom battle.
Among the highlights of Chris’ career are two very substantial verdicts in wrongful death cases. In 2016, Chris and partner Jason Konvicka obtained a $42 million settlement for three men who were seriously burned and the family of one man who was killed as a result of a workplace explosion. This recovery was the largest personal injury settlement in Virginia during 2016. In 2014, Chris obtained a $22 million settlement on behalf of a boy who suffered paralysis and brain injuries in a crash with a dump truck. This recovery is the largest personal injury settlement in Virginia history involving a vehicular accident according to Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
Chris’ legal instincts and calm persistence have benefited his clients and have been recognized by his peers. The Best Lawyers in America included Chris on its list of best personal injury lawyers in Richmond for over 15 years. In September 2008, he was inducted as a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. In 2004, the Richmond Times-Dispatch profiled Chris and described his legal expertise in an article entitled Law Firm’s Gamble Paying Off Big.
Chris is an avid golfer and sailor. He and his wife, Cheryl, live in Richmond, Virginia, and they have one son.
- Partner Emeritus and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1991 – Present)
- Partner, Browder, Russell, Morris & Butcher (1982 – 1990)
- Attorney, Wells, Axselle, Hundley & Johnson (1979 – 1982)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (1979)
- B.A., Economics, University of Virginia (1976)
- “Lawyer of the Year” Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in Richmond, VA by Best Lawyers in America (2015)
- Best Lawyers in America (1995 – Present)
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers (2008)
- Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2006 – 2009, 2013 – 2017)
- Virginia Super Lawyers: Top 50 (2006, 2008, 2009)
- Legal Elite – Civil Litigation, Virginia Business Magazine (2005, 2008, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Member, University of Richmond Law Review (1978-1979)
- Member, Editorial Board, University of Richmond Law School, Law Review, and recipient of the Outstanding Editor Award
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Richmond Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Attorneys
- Brain Injury Association of Virginia
Personal Injury Resources
Distracted Driving – Facts and Statistics
Most of us assume that we can handle multiple tasks at the same time without any consequences, but statistics show that's not the case once a person gets behind the wheel.
Learn How You Can Help Prevent Traumatic Brain Injuries During Brain Injury Awareness Month
In 2017, the CDC reported that approximately 2.8 million emergency department visits, hospitalizations, or deaths were associated with traumatic brain injuries. Learn what you can do to keep yourself and your family safe.
What Type of Coverage Do You Need When Buying or Renewing Your Auto Insurance?
As a lawyer who specializes in the handling of personal injury claims, I often encounter clients that have been injured in serious motor vehicle collisions. Over the years, I have found...
Pedestrian Safety: Crosswalks
We typically think of a crosswalk as a safe place for pedestrians to cross the street, but the rules and laws that govern crosswalk safety are not always well known...
Confidential – Explosion
A workplace explosion and fire resulted in three severely burned victims and one fatality. This products liability case concluded with a $42 million settlement on behalf of the three victims...
Dog Bite Prevention Safety Tips for Children
For many children, play dates with friends and staying with babysitters are normal, fun activities that often mean being away from their own home. It is important to remember that...