Chris Guedri is known by his peers as a take-charge lawyer. His forceful personality complements his formidable litigation and negotiation skills, allowing him to act as a strategic advocate for his clients. He brings to every case his strong intellect and his desire to win. Since joining Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen in 1991, Chris has focused his practice primarily on catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases stemming from trucking accidents, product liability, bus accidents, and traumatic brain injury.
Chris was named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America for 2014-2015 in the Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs category in Richmond, VA. Chris’ ability to master complex technical, scientific, and medical information has made him a powerful advocate in the broad range of personal injury cases he has handled for more than 30 years. His adversaries frequently offer premium settlements rather than engage him in a courtroom battle.
Among the highlights of Chris’ career are two very substantial verdicts in wrongful death cases. In 2016, Chris and partner Jason Konvicka obtained a $42 million settlement for three men who were seriously burned and the family of one man who was killed as a result of a workplace explosion. This recovery was the largest personal injury settlement in Virginia during 2016. In 2014, Chris obtained a $22 million settlement on behalf of a boy who suffered paralysis and brain injuries in a crash with a dump truck. This recovery is the largest personal injury settlement in Virginia history involving a vehicular accident according to Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
Chris’ legal instincts and calm persistence have benefited his clients and have been recognized by his peers. The Best Lawyers in America included Chris on its list of best personal injury lawyers in Richmond for over 15 years. In September 2008, he was inducted as a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. In 2004, the Richmond Times-Dispatch profiled Chris and described his legal expertise in an article entitled Law Firm’s Gamble Paying Off Big.
Chris is an avid golfer and sailor. He and his wife, Cheryl, live in Richmond, Virginia, and they have one son.
- Partner Emeritus and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1991 – Present)
- Partner, Browder, Russell, Morris & Butcher (1982 – 1990)
- Attorney, Wells, Axselle, Hundley & Johnson (1979 – 1982)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., University of Richmond School of Law (1979)
- B.A., Economics, University of Virginia (1976)
- “Lawyer of the Year” Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in Richmond, VA by Best Lawyers in America (2015)
- Best Lawyers in America (1995 – Present)
- Best Lawyers in America – Litigation Edition (2020)
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers (2008)
- Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2006 – 2009, 2013 – 2020, 2023)
- Virginia Super Lawyers: Top 50 (2006, 2008, 2009)
- Legal Elite – Civil Litigation, Virginia Business Magazine (2005, 2008, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Member, University of Richmond Law Review (1978-1979)
- Member, Editorial Board, University of Richmond Law School, Law Review, and recipient of the Outstanding Editor Award
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Richmond Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Attorneys
- Brain Injury Association of Virginia
Personal Injury Resources
25 attorneys named to 2023 Virginia Super Lawyers
The Allen Law Firm is pleased to announce that 25 attorneys have been named to the 2023 Super Lawyers list. Those attorneys include Edward L. Allen, R. Clayton Allen, Jennifer...
Allen & Allen makes Virginia history: $47.5 million for single plaintiff
The Allen Law Firm has secured the largest single-plaintiff settlement in Virginia history, totaling $47.5 million. No portion of this settlement was structured. Upon information and belief, prior to this...
Eight attorneys make Best Lawyers List in 2023
Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen is proud to announce that eight lawyers have been included in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in America, a definitive guide to legal excellence....
Car crash – $1,450,000
The plaintiff was a passenger in a car that had stopped or nearly stopped on the road. The plaintiff’s host was about to make a left turn when the defendant...
A dangerous prospect: Motorcycles and traumatic brain injury
Motorcycles are an exciting means of travel, but that feeling of exhilaration comes with serious risks. The exposed position of the rider and the small mass of the bike combine...
Allen & Allen secures $5.47 for wrongful death
Attorneys Jason W. Konvicka and Chris P. Guedri represented the family of the deceased in a wrongful death action that arose out of an industrial incident on August 17, 2017....