Philip Wilson “Wil” Van Winkle is an associate attorney for Allen & Allen in the Fredericksburg office specializing in car accident and personal injury cases. A fourth-generation Allen, Wil believes that “personal injury is an area of the law where the lawyer can do a lot of good.”
Wil received his B.A. in History and Political Science from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. There, he was a member of Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society, and made the Dean’s List from 2012 to 2014. Wil received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law in Charlottesville, Virginia, where he competed on the Extramural Moot Court Team and worked at the Legal Aid Justice Center.
Before joining Allen & Allen, Wil served as a law clerk at the National Association of Attorneys General in Washington, D.C. Wil has also worked as a writer and marketing intern, as well as a Summer Associate at Allen & Allen.
In his spare time, Wil enjoys traveling and backpacking, road and trail biking, and playing ultimate Frisbee. Most recently, he completed a backpacking trip to Peru.
- Trial Attorney, Allen & Allen (2018-Present)
- Summer Associate, Allen & Allen (2017)
- Law Clerk, National Association of Attorneys General, Washington, D.C. (June- August 2016)
- Writer and Marketing Intern, Allen & Allen (Summer, 2010-2015)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville (2018)
- B.A., History and Political Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee (2014)
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association