Chris dedicates his practice to helping clients and making his community a safer place. He has earned a reputation as an exceptional litigator in the courtroom. With nearly a decade of trial experience, he has handled hundreds of bench and jury trials in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Chris knows how to present evidence so that the jury comprehends his client’s hardships and the impact their injuries have had on their lives.
Chris works on a wide range of personal injury cases including car crashes, truck accidents and motorcycle wrecks. Injured in a tractor-trailer accident in 2007, Chris has a first-hand understanding of what personal injury clients go through in the aftermath of an accident including the physical pain, the impact on loved ones, and the financial burdens incurred along the road to recovery. He strives to guide and protect those experiencing these difficult situations so that they may concentrate fully on their healing.
Chris graduated from Dartmouth College in 2004, where he was part of the Division I Swim and Dive team. He then received his law degree from the William and Mary School of Law. Before joining Allen & Allen, he served as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney in Richmond, prosecuting a variety of cases including murder, robbery, animal cruelty, DUI, and hit and run. He believes in the effectiveness of the judicial process and enjoys being in the courtroom.
Chris is an avid golfer and enjoys fishing, boating, and watching his daughter’s swim meets. He lives in Richmond.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2021-Present)
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2012 – Present)
- Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney – Richmond, Virginia (2008 – 2012)
- Clerk, United States Attorney’s Office – Las Vegas, Nevada (Summer 2006)
- Research Assistant, United States Attorney’s Office – Syracuse, New York (Summer 2005)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., College of William and Mary School of Law (2007)
- B.A., English Literature, Dartmouth College (2004)
- Oxford University, England (Fall 2003)
- Listed as “One to Watch” by Best Lawyers in America
- Listed as one of the Virginia Super Lawyers (2017 – Present)
- Listed as “Rising Star” in Virginia Super Lawyers (2016)
- Legal Elite – Civil Litigation, Virginia Business Magazine (2014 – 2018)
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, Reader’s Choice Top Lawyers (2015)
- Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce – Top Ten of the Next Gen (2014)
- Richmond Bar Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- Lewis Powell American Inn of Court (2009 – Present)
- Judge, National Moot Court Competition (2010 – 2011)
- Dartmouth College Alumni Interviewer (2010 – Present)
Personal Injury Resources
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all still adjusting to the new normal, and we continue to be mindful of the...
First impressions and the hidden dangers of social media
The social networking site Facebook will turn 17 years-old next month. In that time, social media has become ubiquitous in our society. The dangers and potential pitfalls of social media...
Catastrophic injury – $1.56 million
Location: Chesterfield Settlement: $1,560,000 Attorney Christopher J. Toepp attained a $1.56 million settlement on behalf of a plaintiff who suffered a catastrophic injury due to three gunshot wounds. The incident...
Future medical expenses: The dangers of speculation
The vast majority of injured clients who I have the privilege to represent have concerns about their future medical needs. In the aftermath of serious physical injury, these concerns are...
Ronald from Bethesda, MD
My case was referred to Allen & Allen and Chris Toepp from my attorney in Maryland. As soon as I met him I was sure he was a good lawyer...
Causation: It’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove
As a personal injury attorney, I find causation of claimed damages to be the most common point of disagreement between an injured claimant and the negligent party’s insurance company. Causation...
Thaddeus from Charles City
Chris Toepp is a rockstar. That pretty much sums it up. His team provides outstanding support!