Chris dedicates his practice to helping clients and making his community a safer place. He has earned a reputation as an exceptional litigator in the courtroom. With nearly a decade of trial experience, he has handled hundreds of bench and jury trials in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Chris knows how to present evidence so that the jury comprehends his client’s hardships and the impact their injuries have had on their lives.
Chris works on a wide range of personal injury cases including car crashes, truck accidents and motorcycle wrecks. Injured in a tractor trailer accident in 2007, Chris has a first hand understanding of what personal injury clients go through in the aftermath of an accident including the physical pain, the impact on loved ones, and the financial burdens incurred along the road to recovery. He strives to guide and protect those experiencing these difficult situations so that they may concentrate fully on their healing.
Chris graduated from Dartmouth College in 2004, where he was part of the Division I Swim and Dive team. He then received his law degree from the William and Mary School of Law. Before joining Allen & Allen, he served as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney in Richmond, prosecuting a variety of cases including murder, robbery, animal cruelty, DUI, and hit and run. He believes in the effectiveness of the judicial process and enjoys being in the courtroom.
Chris is an avid golfer and enjoys fishing, boating, and watching his daughter’s swim meets. He lives in Richmond.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2012 – Present)
- Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney – Richmond, Virginia (2008 – 2012)
- Clerk, United States Attorney’s Office – Las Vegas, Nevada (Summer 2006)
- Research Assistant, United States Attorney’s Office – Syracuse, New York (Summer 2005)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., College of William and Mary School of Law (2007)
- B.A., English Literature, Dartmouth College (2004)
- Oxford University, England (Fall 2003)
- Listed as one of the Virginia Super Lawyers (2017 – Present)
- Listed as “Rising Star” in Virginia Super Lawyers (2016)
- Legal Elite – Civil Litigation, Virginia Business Magazine (2014 – 2018)
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, Reader’s Choice Top Lawyers (2015)
- Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce – Top Ten of the Next Gen (2014)
- Richmond Bar Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- Lewis Powell American Inn of Court (2009 – Present)
- Judge, National Moot Court Competition (2010 – 2011)
- Dartmouth College Alumni Interviewer (2010 – Present)
Personal Injury Resources
Cheryl from Henrico
Below is a letter to Richmond attorney, Christopher J. Toepp, from a former client’s mother: I wanted to thank you for your help with Courtney’s case. It has been 6...
Are the Proceeds From My Personal Injury Case Taxable?
As a personal injury lawyer at Allen, Allen, Allen, and Allen I have had the privilege and opportunity to represent hundreds of individuals who were injured through no fault of...
Phyllis from Richmond
After my car accident, my cousin recommended I call Chris Toepp. My cousin had observed Chris in court and was very impressed. Chris met me for the first time while...
Leyla from Richmond, VA
From the very start, Chris showed the knowledge and expertise that was needed to handle my claim related to the car crash. My case was not large, but no claim...
William from Richmond, VA
I was pretty badly hurt in a hit and run accident. The first two weeks after I got hit were a bear. Chris met my wife and me at our...
April is Alcohol Awareness Month: The CDC Publishes New Statistics on American Alcohol Consumption
The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (“NCADD”) established Alcohol Awareness Month in 1987 in an effort to reach out to the American public each April and provide information...