Chris dedicates his practice to helping clients and making his community a safer place. He has earned a reputation as an exceptional litigator in the courtroom. With over a decade of trial experience, he has handled hundreds of bench and jury trials in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Chris knows how to present evidence so that the jury comprehends his client’s hardships and the impact their injuries have had on their lives.
Chris has represented residents of Washington D.C., New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Massachusetts, Michigan, Florida, California, Hawaii, and Canada and enjoys the opportunity to represent out-of-state motorists who are injured in Virginia.
Chris works on a wide range of personal injury cases including car crashes, truck accidents and motorcycle wrecks. Injured in a tractor-trailer accident in 2007, Chris has a first-hand understanding of what personal injury clients go through in the aftermath of an accident including the physical pain, the impact on loved ones, and the financial burdens incurred along the road to recovery. He strives to guide and protect those experiencing these difficult situations so that they may concentrate fully on their healing.
Chris graduated from Dartmouth College in 2004, where he was part of the Division I Swim and Dive team. He then received his law degree from the William and Mary School of Law. Before joining Allen & Allen, he served as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney in Richmond, prosecuting a variety of cases including murder, robbery, animal cruelty, DUI, and hit and run. He believes in the effectiveness of the judicial process and enjoys being in the courtroom. Chris has also been included in the “Ones to Watch” list in Best Lawyers in America since 2021, and as one the Virginia Super Lawyers since 2017.
Chris is an avid golfer and enjoys fishing, boating, and watching his daughter’s swim meets. He lives in Richmond.
- Shareholder, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2021 – Present)
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2012 – Present)
- Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney – Richmond, Virginia (2008 – 2012)
- Clerk, United States Attorney’s Office – Las Vegas, Nevada (Summer 2006)
- Research Assistant, United States Attorney’s Office – Syracuse, New York (Summer 2005)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., College of William and Mary School of Law (2007)
- B.A., English Literature, Dartmouth College (2004)
- Oxford University, England (Fall 2003)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America (2022 – Present)
- Listed as “One to Watch” by Best Lawyers in America (2021 – Present)
- Listed as one of the Virginia Super Lawyers (2017 – Present)
- Listed as “Rising Star” in Virginia Super Lawyers (2016)
- Legal Elite – Civil Litigation, Virginia Business Magazine (2014 – 2018)
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, Reader’s Choice Top Lawyers (2015)
- Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce – Top Ten of the Next Gen (2014)
- Richmond Bar Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- Lewis Powell American Inn of Court (2009 – Present)
- Judge, National Moot Court Competition (2010 – 2011)
- Dartmouth College Alumni Interviewer (2010 – Present)
Personal Injury Resources
Ten attorneys named to Best Lawyers 2024
Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen is proud to announce that eight lawyers have been included in the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers in America, a definitive guide to legal excellence....
Jeff and Linda from Kingston, Ontario
My wife and I were stopped at a red light, and we were rammed in the back by another car. My wife suffered back bruises, but my injuries were much...
Thomas and Cynthia from Fredericksburg
We were hit in a head-on collision by a new teenage driver, and the fallout was bad. We had too many injuries to name, but the major injuries that come...
How to vet adventure tourism businesses
The catastrophic implosion of OceanGate’s submersible craft resulted in the death of all five people on board, and captured media attention around the globe. While the complete story continues to...
25 attorneys named to 2023 Virginia Super Lawyers
The Allen Law Firm is pleased to announce that 25 attorneys have been named to the 2023 Super Lawyers list. Those attorneys include Edward L. Allen, R. Clayton Allen, Jennifer...
Donald from Fredericksburg
I had an injury that ended my career as a police officer. I was sitting in my car when a vehicle plowed into me going 50 to 60 miles per...