Chris dedicates his practice to helping clients and making his community a safer place. He has earned a reputation as an exceptional litigator in the courtroom. With over a decade of trial experience, he has handled hundreds of bench and jury trials in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Chris knows how to present evidence so that the jury comprehends his client’s hardships and the impact their injuries have had on their lives.
Chris works on a wide range of personal injury cases including car crashes, truck accidents and motorcycle wrecks. Injured in a tractor-trailer accident in 2007, Chris has a first-hand understanding of what personal injury clients go through in the aftermath of an accident including the physical pain, the impact on loved ones, and the financial burdens incurred along the road to recovery. He strives to guide and protect those experiencing these difficult situations so that they may concentrate fully on their healing.
Chris graduated from Dartmouth College in 2004, where he was part of the Division I Swim and Dive team. He then received his law degree from the William and Mary School of Law. Before joining Allen & Allen, he served as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney in Richmond, prosecuting a variety of cases including murder, robbery, animal cruelty, DUI, and hit and run. He believes in the effectiveness of the judicial process and enjoys being in the courtroom. Chris has also been included in the “Ones to Watch” list in Best Lawyers in America since 2021.
Chris is an avid golfer and enjoys fishing, boating, and watching his daughter’s swim meets. He lives in Richmond.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2012-Present)
- Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney – Richmond, Virginia (2008 – 2012)
- Clerk, United States Attorney’s Office – Las Vegas, Nevada (Summer 2006)
- Research Assistant, United States Attorney’s Office – Syracuse, New York (Summer 2005)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., College of William and Mary School of Law (2007)
- B.A., English Literature, Dartmouth College (2004)
- Oxford University, England (Fall 2003)
- Listed as “One to Watch” by Best Lawyers in America (2021-present)
- Listed as one of the Virginia Super Lawyers (2017 – 2023)
- Listed as “Rising Star” in Virginia Super Lawyers (2016)
- Legal Elite – Civil Litigation, Virginia Business Magazine (2014 – 2018)
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, Reader’s Choice Top Lawyers (2015)
- Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce – Top Ten of the Next Gen (2014)
- Richmond Bar Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- Lewis Powell American Inn of Court (2009 – Present)
- Judge, National Moot Court Competition (2010 – 2011)
- Dartmouth College Alumni Interviewer (2010 – Present)
Personal Injury Resources
25 attorneys named to 2023 Virginia Super Lawyers
The Allen Law Firm is pleased to announce that 25 attorneys have been named to the 2023 Super Lawyers list. Those attorneys include Edward L. Allen, R. Clayton Allen, Jennifer...
Donald from Fredericksburg
I had an injury that ended my career as a police officer. I was sitting in my car when a vehicle plowed into me going 50 to 60 miles per...
Medicinal cream causing death in dogs
Many of us love our dogs unconditionally and consider them a part of the family. Losing them can be devastating, especially when under avoidable circumstances. Recently the FDA has received...
Chris from Fredericksburg
Chris was riding his motorcycle when a negligent driver suddenly struck him. Like most motorcycle accidents, the injuries were severe. When his condition wasn’t improving and his medical bills began...
Eight attorneys make Best Lawyers List in 2023
Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen is proud to announce that eight lawyers have been included in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in America, a definitive guide to legal excellence....
Will my personal injury reward affect my eligibility for Medicaid?
So, you received a settlement or judgment in your favor for your personal injury case. Congratulations! Now, it is time to think about how that can impact you and your...