Kari is a trial attorney in the Charlottesville office of Allen & Allen. With a background in insurance and medical malpractice defense, Kari has tried over 50 cases throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Kari understands the importance of effective communication, both in her relationships with clients and in the courtroom. She focuses her practice on personal injury cases and is dedicated to fighting for the seriously injured.
Prior to joining Allen & Allen, Kari represented defendants and insurance companies in cases involving medical malpractice, wrongful death, automobile accidents, premises liability, and products liability. Her background gives her unique insight into how insurance companies handle personal injury claims. Further, Kari has experience in federal court, having argued before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals on an issue that was ultimately considered by the United States Supreme Court.
Kari has been named by Super Lawyers as a Virginia Rising Star for 2020 and 2021. She was a double-major in Economics and Political Science at the University of Georgia. She earned her J.D. at the T.C. Williams School of Law, where she was a member of the Trial Advocacy Board.
Kari grew up in southwest Virginia, where she was very involved in high school athletics. She has held state records in both basketball and volleyball. In her free time, she enjoys snow skiing, golfing, scuba diving, boating, and travel.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2021-Present)
- Attorney, The Mitchell Law Group (2018-2021)
- Associate, Hancock, Daniel & Johnson, P.C. (2017-2018)
- Staff Counsel, Geico (2015-2016)
- Associate, Hall & Hall, PLC (2014-2015)
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (2014)
- B.A., Political Science and Economics, University of Georgia (2011)
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Super Lawyers, Virginia Rising Star (2020-2021)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Charlottesville-Abemarle Bar Association
- Chair, Medical Malpractice Section, Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys (2019-2020)