Since 1998, Bridget has proven to be a tireless advocate for her clients, whether in the courtroom or when negotiating with insurance companies. A seasoned litigator and consummate professional, she has devoted her career to fighting for the rights of those injured by the negligence or recklessness of others. Bridget serves as the managing attorney for the Petersburg Office of Allen & Allen.
Her vast experience in representing clients in both state and federal courts in cases involving car accidents, tractor trailer accidents, drunk driving, premises liability, dog bites, wrongful death and other cases involving catastrophic injuries, has equipped Bridget with the skills and confidence that she brings to bear on behalf of her clients. Bridget serves as the managing attorney for the Petersburg Office location.
Bridget has been listed as a “Super Lawyer” by Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine for nine consecutive years, since 2008. She is currently a Vice President of the the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, a past president of the Young Trial Lawyers Section and has served on the VTLA Board of Governors since 2008. Bridget currently serves as a Women’s Caucus representative to the Board of Governors of the American Association for Justice, on which she has served since 2012.
In 1999, Bridget was elected to membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates evidencing her high personal character, honorable reputation, and proficiency as a trial lawyer having tried to verdict as lead counsel more than 25 civil jury trials. She has earned a reputation as a smart, resourceful, and pragmatic trial attorney respected by her peers and clients.
A lifetime Virginian, Bridget grew up in South Boston and graduated from Halifax County High School. She attended Mary Washington College, receiving her BA in Sociology. After attending law school at the TC Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond, Bridget began her legal career at a Richmond personal injury law firm.
Bridget enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, as well as running and playing tennis. She lives in Midlothian, Virginia.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2013 – Present)
- Attorney, Marks & Harrison (1998 – 2013)
- Intern, Office of the Attorney General, Richmond, VA (1997)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (1998)
- B.A., Sociology, Mary Washington College, cum laude (1995)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2014 – Present)
- Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2008 – 2013)
- Vice President, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2017)
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Treasurer
- American Association for Justice, Governor (2012 – 2013)
- Chesterfield Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Publications & Seminars
- “Wakole v. Barber: A Sharp Arrow in Your Quiver” VTLA Annual Convention (2014)
- “Hearsay and Expert Opinions Since Commonwealth v. Wynn” VTLA Annual Convention (2011)
- “The Role of the Paralegal in a Personal Injury Practice” VTLA Paralegal Seminar (2008)
Personal Injury Resources
Over the Counter Medications and Driving Can Be a Dangerous Combination
Though many people think of impaired driving as the result of alcohol or illegal drug use, over the counter (OTC) medications can have side effects that dangerously affect your ability...
Proper Medicine Dosing For Children
When children are sick, you want to do everything you can to make them feel better. However, giving your child the proper amount of medication can sometimes be difficult and...
Five Myths about “Slip and Fall” Injury Cases
Serious injuries can occur from even a simple fall. The effects of serious injury from the result of a fall can be devastating. If the fall occurs on someone else’s...
Three Things You May Not Know About Your Wearable Device
The market for technology that you can wear, such as smart watches, is on the rise. Fitbit is a company that makes wearable devices which gather information about your health...
Getting Medical Treatment for Your Injuries If You Are Uninsured
If you are uninsured, getting medical care for everyday illnesses and routine checkups can be difficult. If you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, whether it be in a...
Why Submitting Your Bills To Your Health Insurance Company After An Accident Is Always Important
Personal injury lawyer Bridget Long explains why it’s important for you to submit your bills to your health insurance company after an accident. Should I use my health insurance when...