Since 1998, Bridget has proven to be a tireless advocate for her clients, whether in the courtroom or when negotiating with insurance companies. A seasoned litigator and consummate professional, she has devoted her career to fighting for the rights of those injured by the negligence or recklessness of others.
Her vast experience in representing clients in both state and federal courts in cases involving car accidents, tractor trailer accidents, drunk driving, premises liability, dog bites, wrongful death and other cases involving catastrophic injuries, has equipped Bridget with the skills and confidence that she brings to bear on behalf of her clients. Bridget serves as the managing attorney for the Petersburg Office location.
Bridget has been listed as a “Super Lawyer” by Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine for nine consecutive years, since 2008. She is currently President-Elect of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, a past president of the Young Trial Lawyers Section and has served on the VTLA Board of Governors since 2008. Bridget currently serves as the Secretary of the Women’s Caucus of the American Association for Justice, on which she has served since 2012.
In 1999, Bridget was elected to membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) evidencing her high personal character, honorable reputation, and proficiency as a trial lawyer having tried to verdict as lead counsel more than 25 civil jury trials. She has earned a reputation as a smart, resourceful, and pragmatic trial attorney respected by her peers and clients. She currently serves as President of Virginia’s ABOTA Chapter.
A lifetime Virginian, Bridget grew up in South Boston and graduated from Halifax County High School. She attended Mary Washington College, receiving her BA in Sociology. After attending law school at the TC Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond, Bridget began her legal career at a Richmond personal injury law firm.
Bridget enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, as well as running and playing tennis. She lives in Midlothian, Virginia.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2013 – Present)
- Attorney, Marks & Harrison (1998 – 2013)
- Intern, Office of the Attorney General, Richmond, VA (1997)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (1998)
- B.A., Sociology, Mary Washington College, cum laude (1995)
- President, American Board of Trial Advocates (2021)
- Virginia Lawyer Weekly’s “Influential Women in Law” (2021)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2014 – Present)
- President-Elect, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Secretary, Women Trial Lawyers Caucus of American Association for Justice
- Board of Governors, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2008 – Present)
- Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2008 – 2013)
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Treasurer
- American Association for Justice, Secretary (2020/2021)
- Chesterfield Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Publications & Seminars
- “Remote Depositions” MAJ Annual Convention (2020)
- “Wakole v. Barber: A Sharp Arrow in Your Quiver” VTLA Annual Convention (2014)
- “Hearsay and Expert Opinions Since Commonwealth v. Wynn” VTLA Annual Convention (2011)
- “The Role of the Paralegal in a Personal Injury Practice” VTLA Paralegal Seminar (2008)
Personal Injury Resources
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all still adjusting to the new normal, and we continue to be mindful of the...
How medical bills are paid after a car accident
One of the most common questions asked by a new client is: Should I use my own health insurance to pay my medical bills? The answer is always yes. ...
Bridget Long named to Influential Women of Law in Virginia Lawyers Weekly
Allen & Allen is happy to announce that Virginia Lawyers Weekly has named Bridget Long to their 2021 Influential Woman of Law list. Bridget is a partner within the firm...
Hyundai Kia car recall list
Below is a complete and chronological list of recalls from Hyundai Motor Group. Date: 5/11/21 NHTSA Recall ID number: 21V301 Issue: Improperly heat-treated piston oil rings Make and model years:...
Car crash – $154,000
Attorney Bridget N. Long, with the help of David M. Irvine was able to obtain a $154,000 post-trial settlement on behalf of a plaintiff who had an original insurance offer...
Top 8 courtroom dramas based on true stories
Legal thrillers are a favorite genre, both on TV and the silver screen. Many films are based on real-life events, and have helped bring justice to issues plaguing our society....
The Rule of Seconds – Calculating Safe Following Distances
When you see an accident on the road ahead, it will take you about 1.5 seconds to react. Then, a typical car requires 1.5 seconds to brake. That means you...