Recognized as an experienced and successful trial attorney, Coleman is of counsel with the Allen Law Firm and is dedicated to achieving superior results for his clients in the areas of wrongful death, brain injury, airplane accidents, and product liability. He passionately serves as an advocate on their behalf and is undeterred by difficult circumstances or special challenges.
Coleman presents thoroughly prepared cases in a persuasive and articulate manner, and he often takes creative and innovative approaches in order to advance his clients’ causes. He is unwavering in his mission to fight for the fair treatment of those in times of physical, emotional, and financial distress.
While he thrives in a courtroom environment, Coleman is well known for his skills as an accomplished negotiator. Understanding the costs, risks, and delays associated with litigation, he has distinguished himself by negotiating very favorable settlements for his clients. Whether in the courtroom or through negotiation, he strives to achieve the best result he can for his clients.
Coleman promotes great professionalism and legal expertise by actively and eagerly sharing his knowledge and skills with his colleagues, both inside the law firm and with his fellow members of the bar. He often leads seminars and panels to instruct and facilitate discussions focusing on personal injury practice, insurance, and trial advocacy.
In the strong tradition of his father and grandfather before him, Coleman recognizes the importance of working closely with local, state and federal politicians to maintain and improve rights for personal injury victims. He understands the critical importance of ensuring the rights of others throughout all government systems and branches.
- Of Counsel, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2019 – Present)
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1980 – 2019)
- President, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1999 – 2006)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law (1980)
- M.B.A., University of Virginia Darden School of Business (1980)
- B.A., Yale University (1976)
- Best Lawyers in America ( 1995 – Present)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2006 – 2013, 2015 – Present)
- Leaders in the Law, Virginia Lawyers Weekly (2009)
- The Professor W. McKinley Smiley, Jr. Lighthouse Award Winner (2008)
- Best Lawyers in Richmond, Richmond Magazine (1999)
- Former President, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (1996 – 1997)
- Past Chairman of Continuing Legal Education for Lawyers, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Founding Fellow and former President, Southern Trial Lawyers Association (1999 – 2000)
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, Roscoe Pound Foundation
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Named by Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia to mandatory professional ethics program faculty (1992 – 1995)
- Member, Boyd-Graves Conference
- Recipient, Patrick Henry Award for steadfast devotion to the just and sound government of the Commonwealth
- Faculty, Masters of Advocacy Seminar, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Sources of Coverage: Insurance Coverage for Personal Injury Actions in Virginia
5th Edition November 2003, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Brain Injury Association of Virginia
Personal Injury Resources
Seven Allen & Allen Attorneys Named in 2019 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
Best Lawyers in America, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, announced today that seven attorneys at the law firm of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen...
Heather from Bumpass, VA
The accident happened on New Year’s Day a few years ago. What an awful way to start a new year. While I was in the hospital, my brother called Coleman...
Coleman Allen Named in Virginia Lawyers Hall of Fame Inaugural Class
Allen & Allen congratulates W. Coleman Allen, Jr. on his inclusion in the 2018 inaugural class of the Virginia Lawyers Weekly “Virginia Lawyers Hall of Fame.” Membership in the Hall...
Help Your Teen Have a Safe Prom
This season of celebration can lead to dangerous consequences. Find out how you can help your teen prevent tragedy on prom weekend.
W. Coleman Allen, Jr. Honored With 2018 Southern Trial Lawyers Association War Horse Award
Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen is proud to announce that the 2018 Southern Trial Lawyers Association’s highest honor, the War Horse Award, was presented to our own W. Coleman Allen,...
How to Avoid the Dangers of Carbon Monoxide
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is the #1 cause of poisonings in the U.S., but less than 5% of those poisonings are reported because most go undetected until it’s too late. What...