J.J. is a personal injury attorney with Allen & Allen currently representing clients in the Chesterfield and the Greater Richmond areas. With a diverse background in insurance defense and commercial litigation, J.J. has tried over 100 cases and has experience in courts throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as the Federal Court system. His practice is now devoted to protecting the interests of seriously injured individuals and their families in all varieties of personal injury cases including automobile accidents.
Prior to joining Allen & Allen, J.J. spent years representing defendants and insurance companies, giving him valuable insight into how insurance companies value and handle personal injury claims.
J.J. is a proud Duke Dog who received his B.B.A. in Economics with a concentration in Finance from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law, where he was a member of the Moot Court and Trial Advocacy Boards, as well as a semi-finalist in the 2013 Costello National Trial Competition.
J.J. grew up in a military family and lived in various states throughout the country as a child. He, however, spent the majority of his time growing up in Stafford and Fredericksburg, Virginia. J.J. is an Eagle Scout who enjoys getting outdoors, as well as playing and watching sports such as lacrosse, basketball, and golf. J.J. played guitar and keyboard in various garage bands growing up, and still likes to pick up the guitar from time to time.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2018 – Present)
- Associate Attorney, O’Hagan Meyer, PLLC (2016 – 2018)
- Staff Counsel, Geico (2015-2016)
- Associate Attorney, Powell Law Group, P.C. (2014-2015)
- Clinical Placement Intern, Richmond Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney (2012)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Richmond Chapter
- Richmond Bar Association
- U.S. District Courts – Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- J.D., University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law (2013)
- B.A. in Economics with a Finance Concentration, James Madison University (2010)
- Mentor, Richmond Higher Achievement Program (2015-2017)
- Mentor, Big Brothers, Big Sisters of America (2008-2010)