J.J. is a personal injury attorney with Allen & Allen currently representing clients in the Petersburg and the Greater Richmond areas. With a diverse background in insurance defense and commercial litigation, J.J. has tried over 100 cases and has experience in courts throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as the Federal Court system. His practice is now devoted to protecting the interests of seriously injured individuals and their families in all varieties of personal injury cases including automobile accidents.
Prior to joining Allen & Allen, J.J. spent years representing defendants and insurance companies, giving him valuable insight into how insurance companies value and handle personal injury claims.
J.J. is a proud Duke Dog who received his B.B.A. in Economics with a concentration in Finance from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Richmond School of Law, where he was a member of the Moot Court and Trial Advocacy Boards, as well as a semi-finalist in the 2013 Costello National Trial Competition.
J.J. grew up in a military family and lived in various states throughout the country as a child. He, however, spent the majority of his time growing up in Stafford and Fredericksburg, Virginia. J.J. is an Eagle Scout who enjoys getting outdoors, as well as playing and watching sports such as lacrosse, basketball, and golf. J.J. played guitar and keyboard in various garage bands growing up, and still likes to pick up the guitar from time to time.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2018 – Present)
- Associate Attorney, O’Hagan Meyer, PLLC (2016 – 2018)
- Staff Counsel, Geico (2015-2016)
- Associate Attorney, Powell Law Group, P.C. (2014-2015)
- Clinical Placement Intern, Richmond Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney (2012)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. District Courts – Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- J.D., University of Richmond School of Law (2013)
- B.A. in Economics with a Finance Concentration, James Madison University (2010)
- Rising Star, Virginia Super Lawyers (2021-2023)
- Top 40 Under 40 Plaintiff Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers (2022)
- Top 40 Under 40 Plaintiff Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers (2021)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Richmond Chapter
- Richmond Bar Association
- Mentor, Richmond Higher Achievement Program (2015-2017)
- Mentor, Big Brothers, Big Sisters of America (2008-2010)
- Board Member, Young Professional Board of Special Olympics Richmond
- Board Member, Young Professional Board of Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN)
Personal Injury Resources
Auto Accident: $235,000
On September 13, 2020, the plaintiff, a 56-year-old woman from New Kent County, was out driving when the defendant struck her. It was a T-bone collision, and no airbags were...
25 attorneys named to 2023 Virginia Super Lawyers
The Allen Law Firm is pleased to announce that 25 attorneys have been named to the 2023 Super Lawyers list. Those attorneys include Edward L. Allen, R. Clayton Allen, Jennifer...
Auto accident – $700,000
The plaintiff, a tow truck driver and battery technician, was dispatched to assist the defendant with what she believed to be a dead battery in her vehicle. As the plaintiff...
Finding the right daycare facility for your family
More and more families are finding themselves balancing the responsibilities of caring for their children with having to go out and work to provide for them. Unfortunately, recent stories and...
Margaux from Richmond
A letter sent to Attorney Paul Hux: First and foremost, I want to thank you, attorney J.J. Siegner, and your legal assistant, for executing my claim in record time. The...
How judges are selected in the Commonwealth of Virginia
In recent years, judges and the judicial selection process have increasingly found their way into the daily news. Issues such as representation and diversity have gained more recognition and increased...