Scott Carlton has been practicing law for 15 years, and joins Allen & Allen as a transplant from New York. Known by his peers as tenacious and energized in a courtroom setting, he brings a wealth of experience to the firm.
He partnered with multiple insurance companies to try personal injury cases on the defense side. He taught various fields of law as a professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology, from criminal law to business law. Most recently, he spent a decade working as a personal injury attorney at a New York law firm, much preferring to work with and support accident victims. Colleagues describe him as highly instinctual about character, with an ability to understand and communicate well with a jury.
Scott moved to Virginia to be closer to extended family and for warmer weather. He is married with two daughters. He and his family enjoy going on hikes and swimming. Scott enjoys a good game of racquetball and loves to cook.
- Senior Trial Attorney, Cellino Law, LLC (2011-2021)
- Adjunct Professor, Rochester Institute of Technology (2019-2021)
- Staff Counsel, Travelers Insurance Company (2009-2011)
- Associate Attorney, Goldberg Segalla (2006-2009)
- Licensed to practice law in Commonwealth of Virginia and New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- Juris Doctor, State University of New York at Buffalo Law School
- Bachelor of Arts – International Relations, Hamilton College
- Rising Star, New York Super Lawyers (2013-2015)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Bar Association