Scott Carlton has been practicing law for 15 years, and joins Allen & Allen as a transplant from New York. Known by his peers as tenacious and energized in a courtroom setting, he brings a wealth of experience to the firm.
He partnered with multiple insurance companies to try personal injury cases on the defense side. He taught various fields of law as a professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology, from criminal law to business law. Most recently, he spent a decade working as a personal injury attorney at a New York law firm, much preferring to work with and support accident victims. Colleagues describe him as highly instinctual about character, with an ability to understand and communicate well with a jury.
Scott moved to Virginia to be closer to extended family and for warmer weather. He is married with two daughters. He and his family enjoy going on hikes and swimming. Scott enjoys a good game of racquetball and loves to cook.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2021-Present)
- Senior Trial Attorney, Cellino Law, LLC (2011-2021)
- Adjunct Professor, Rochester Institute of Technology (2019-2021)
- Staff Counsel, Travelers Insurance Company (2009-2011)
- Associate Attorney, Goldberg Segalla (2006-2009)
- Associate Attorney, Hagelin Spencer (2004-2006)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- Juris Doctor, State University of New York at Buffalo Law School
- Bachelor of Arts – International Relations, Hamilton College
- Rising Star, New York Super Lawyers (2013-2015)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Bar Association
Can I leave a dead tree standing on my property?
If you are a homeowner, you likely have a long “to do” list for maintaining your house and surrounding property. Whether it is cutting the grass, cleaning the gutters, or...
Riptides and other hidden dangers on the water
Summer weather is here and vacation season is upon us! Many Virginians will head to the beach or the river to cool off, play in the sand, fish, and enjoy...
When a drunk driver causes injury – is the social host to blame?
I’ve helped many clients that suffered horrible injuries due to drunk drivers. When drunk drivers have inadequate or no car insurance, my clients want to know whether it’s possible to...
Being safe in the Wild West of cosmetic procedures
Americans spend a considerable amount of money attempting to improve their physical appearance through elective plastic and cosmetic procedures. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons estimates that in 2020, Americans...
Guns in Virginia: How to prevent injury
Virginia is for lovers (of tobacco, alcohol, and guns). And when it comes to guns, it’s not an overstatement to say that Virginia’s long history of supporting the 2nd Amendment...
TikTok: Keeping your kids safe in the era of “killer apps”
Growing up, my parents set limits on the amount of television that my brothers and I were allowed to watch, with even stricter limits on the permitted content. I recall...