David is an experienced and compassionate personal injury attorney who manages the Stafford and Fredericksburg offices of Allen & Allen. His legal career has focused almost exclusively on personal injury law, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and slip and fall cases. He dedicates himself to shielding injured people from unfair and unsympathetic treatment from insurance companies.
David has an “AV Preeminent” rating (the highest available) from the Martindale-Hubbell attorney listing service. He has litigated a broad range of matters in various areas of personal injury law in both state and federal court, and he has even successfully argued cases before the Virginia Supreme Court.
David is a determined and tireless advocate who works to secure justice for every client. Known for his caring and devoted spirit, he serves on the board of directors for Legal Aid Works (formerly Rappahannock Legal Services), a non-profit corporation that provides free, high-quality, legal assistance to low income individuals and families. He is also actively involved with the Rappahannock United Way in fundraising and as a member of their Citizen Review Panel.
David is a resident of Fredericksburg and enjoys spending time with his wife, Cathy, and their two children. On a beautiful day, David can be found listening to music, playing golf, and working in his yard.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen, & Allen (2004 – Present)
- Attorney, Traylor, Morris and Elliott, P.C., Chester, Virginia (1996 – 2004)
- Attorney, Law Office of H. Duncan Garnett, Jr., Louisa, Virginia (1994 – 1996)
- Legislative Assistant, Delegate Frank Hargrove, Virginia General Assembly (1988)
- Licensed to practice law in Commonwealth of Virginia, South Carolina
- Virginia College of Trial Advocacy
- J.D., Mississippi College School of Law, Deans List (1993)
- B.A., Political Science, Randolph-Macon College (1989)
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- American Jurisprudence Award – Domestic Relations, Mississippi College School of Law
- Virginia State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Membership Committee (current), Board of Governors (2010), Litigation Support and Legislative Subcommittee (previous)
- Fredericksburg Bar Association, Charitable Giving Committee (current), Treasurer (2013)
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- 15th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Secretary/Treasurer, Piedmont Bar Association (1994-1996)
- Member – Board of Directors for Legal Aid Works (Formerly Rappahannock Legal Services, Inc.) (2015)
- Campaign Coordinator of the Year (2012, 2014) – Rappahannock United Way
- Employee Coordinator and Citizen Review Panel Member, Rappahannock United Way (2007-Present)
- Vice President, LAMB’S Basket, community food pantry for needy families and individuals (2002-2004)
- Active in his local church
Personal Injury Resources
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all still adjusting to the new normal, and we continue to be mindful of the...
Car crash – $1,200,000
The plaintiff, a 70-year-old retired police captain, was injured on July 13, 2018, in a motor vehicle collision. The accident took place in Rockingham County. The defendant failed to keep...
Car crash – $1,158,787.60
The plaintiff, a 22 year-old senior airman with the United States Air Force, was a passenger in a vehicle that was involved in a July 27, 2018, motor vehicle collision...
Diminished value claims in Virginia: Your questions answered
The Allen Law Firm pursues diminished value claims on behalf of its personal injury clients as a “value added” service. Typically, the only expense is the appraisal fee unless the...
Richard from Chantilly
My attorney, Mr. David Williams, was excellent. He understood my case and kept me informed of the process. Due to COVID-19 everything was virtual, and he was extremely prompt for...
Sebastian from Texas
Mr. Williams and Ms. DuQuette ere excellent. They kept me informed every step of the way, and Mr. Williams made sure I got the most out of my case. Thank...
John from Alexandria
When I felt I was left out in the cold by the insurance company of the guy that hit me, I did not know where to turn and had no...