David is an experienced and compassionate personal injury attorney who manages the Stafford, Virginia office of Allen & Allen. His legal career has focused almost exclusively on personal injury law, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and slip and fall cases. He dedicates himself to shielding injured people from unfair and unsympathetic treatment from insurance companies.
David has an “AV Preeminent” rating (the highest available) from the Martindale-Hubbell attorney listing service. He has litigated a broad range of matters in various areas of personal injury law in both state and federal court, and he has even successfully argued cases before the Virginia Supreme Court.
David is a determined and tireless advocate who works to secure justice for every client. Known for his caring and devoted spirit, he serves on the board of directors for Legal Aid Works (formerly Rappahannock Legal Services), a non-profit corporation that provides free, high-quality, legal assistance to low income individuals and families. He is also actively involved with the Rappahannock United Way in fundraising and as a member of their Citizen Review Panel.
David is a resident of Fredericksburg and enjoys spending time with his wife, Cathy, and their two children. On a beautiful day, David can be found listening to music, playing golf, and working in his yard.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen, & Allen (2004 – Present)
- Attorney, Traylor, Morris and Elliott, P.C., Chester, Virginia (1996 – 2004)
- Attorney, Law Office of H. Duncan Garnett, Jr., Louisa, Virginia (1994 – 1996)
- Legislative Assistant, Delegate Frank Hargrove, Virginia General Assembly (1988)
- Licensed to practice law in Commonwealth of Virginia, South Carolina
- Virginia College of Trial Advocacy
- J.D., Mississippi College School of Law, Deans List (1993)
- B.A., Political Science, Randolph-Macon College (1989)
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- American Jurisprudence Award – Domestic Relations, Mississippi College School of Law
- Virginia State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- 15th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Secretary/Treasurer, Piedmont Bar Association (1994-1996)
- Member – Board of Directors for Legal Aid Works (Formerly Rappahannock Legal Services, Inc.) (2015)
- Campaign Coordinator of the Year (2012, 2014) – Rappahannock United Way
- Employee Coordinator and Citizen Review Panel Member, Rappahannock United Way (2007-Present)
- Vice President, LAMB’S Basket, community food pantry for needy families and individuals (2002-2004)
- Active in his local church
Personal Injury Resources
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all adjusting to a new normal in these unprecedented times, and we continue to be...
Linda from Spotsylvania
After my dad was killed in an accident, I knew I needed a lawyer to help me with his case. I had heard people talk about how good Allen &...
Blanche from Stafford
Attorney David Williams did a wonderful job for my brother and me. The communication was great throughout the course of the case. I really liked that he got to know...
Fireworks in Virginia: Legal and Safety Issues
The Fourth of July is a federal holiday commemorating the Continental Congress’ July 4, 1776 declaration that the thirteen American colonies were independent states and free from the monarchy of...
Thomas from Fredericksburg
My wife and I were in a bad car accident. While I was in the ICU, my wife called my insurance agent who recommended an attorney. That attorney sent us...
CDC Warns Against Consuming Raw Cookie Dough This Holiday Season
While the holidays are a great time for joining with the family to cook and eat together, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is warning the public against consuming raw...
Nicole from Richmond
David Williams and his paralegal were fantastic. They always kept me updated and did everything to make sure I got the best outcome.