David is an experienced and compassionate personal injury attorney who manages the Stafford, Virginia office of Allen & Allen. His legal career has focused almost exclusively on personal injury law, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and slip and fall cases. He dedicates himself to shielding injured people from unfair and unsympathetic treatment from insurance companies.
David has an “AV Preeminent” rating (the highest available) from the Martindale-Hubbell attorney listing service. He has litigated a broad range of matters in various areas of personal injury law in both state and federal court, and he has even successfully argued cases before the Virginia Supreme Court.
David is a determined and tireless advocate who works to secure justice for every client. Known for his caring and devoted spirit, he serves on the board of directors for Legal Aid Works (formerly Rappahannock Legal Services), a non-profit corporation that provides free, high-quality, legal assistance to low income individuals and families. He is also actively involved with the Rappahannock United Way in fundraising and as a member of their Citizen Review Panel.
David is a resident of Fredericksburg and enjoys spending time with his wife, Cathy, and their two children. On a beautiful day, David can be found listening to music, playing golf, and working in his yard.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen, & Allen (2004 – Present)
- Attorney, Traylor, Morris and Elliott, P.C., Chester, Virginia (1996 – 2004)
- Attorney, Law Office of H. Duncan Garnett, Jr., Louisa, Virginia (1994 – 1996)
- Legislative Assistant, Delegate Frank Hargrove, Virginia General Assembly (1988)
- Licensed to practice law in Commonwealth of Virginia, South Carolina
- Virginia College of Trial Advocacy
- J.D., Mississippi College School of Law, Deans List (1993)
- B.A., Political Science, Randolph-Macon College (1989)
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- American Jurisprudence Award – Domestic Relations, Mississippi College School of Law
- Virginia State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- 15th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Secretary/Treasurer, Piedmont Bar Association (1994-1996)
- Member – Board of Directors for Legal Aid Works (Formerly Rappahannock Legal Services, Inc.) (2015)
- Campaign Coordinator of the Year (2012, 2014) – Rappahannock United Way
- Employee Coordinator and Citizen Review Panel Member, Rappahannock United Way (2007-Present)
- Vice President, LAMB’S Basket, community food pantry for needy families and individuals (2002-2004)
- Active in his local church
Personal Injury Resources
Important Documents to Update and Organize for the New Year
Whether you want to make annual tax preparation a breeze or you’re preparing for an emergency, having an up-to-date set of important documents neatly filed and stored in a safe...
Yard Cleanup Tips for a Safe Season
Many of us will have family and friends joining us to celebrate the upcoming holidays. While our yards may look festive with the seasonal transformation, there may be hazards lying...
Preventing Death from Heat Stroke in Cars
UPDATE 8/11/2017: An article published by CNN last week notes that the number of children dying of heatstroke while alone in hot cars reached a record high in July. Parents...
Referring Attorneys and working with Allen & Allen
At the personal injury law firm of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen, we are proud to have a long history of handling cases referred to us by attorneys from across...
Virginia’s Juvenile Driver’s License Ceremony
During a recent visit to our local courthouse, I walked into the lobby and saw many nervous, nicely dressed teens and their parents. The courthouse is the center of many...
Pamela from California
Mr. Williams was a pleasure to work with; he kept me informed throughout the entire process. Mr. Williams was very professional and achieved the results that we were looking for.