Scott Fitzgerald is the great-grandson of the firm’s founder, George E. Allen, Sr., and is the first member of the fourth generation of the Allen family to join the firm’s leadership as a partner/shareholder. He currently works in the Richmond, VA office and focuses his practice on personal injury cases including truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, car accidents, and premises liability.
Having grown up with a family tradition of advocacy and service, Scott is passionate about protecting the interests of his clients and defending their rights against insurance companies. Scott has tried dozens of jury trials on behalf of his clients and has developed a reputation for exceptional results in the courtroom. He was recently named Litigator of the Year within the Allen firm.
Scott grew up in Chester, Virginia, where he attended L.C. Bird High School. He won the Virginia State Debate Championship in 2003. He attended the College of William & Mary for both his undergraduate and law degree.
Recently, he obtained a $1.775 million settlement in a case involving the death of a mother who left behind four children, as well as a $1.3 million settlement in a federal court case involving an injured pedestrian.
He has been recognized by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys as a Top 10 Under 40 Personal Injury Attorney in Virginia. He was also named a Rising Star by Virginia Super Lawyers from 2018-2021 and again in 2024.
A lover of sports and the outdoors, Scott’s hobbies include canoeing, boating, and spending time with his children.
He lives in Richmond with his wife and two young sons.
- Shareholder, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2022 – Present)
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2011 – Present)
Bar Admissions & Court Admissions
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Licensed to practice law in the United States District Court for both the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia (federal court)
- J.D., William & Mary School of Law (2011)
- B.A., College of William & Mary, cum laude (2007)
- Named as “Rising Star” in Virginia Super Lawyers (2018 – 2021, 2024)
- Top 10 Under 40 Personal Injury Attorneys – National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (2016)
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 (2015)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- The American Association for Justice
- Richmond Bar Association
- Lewis Powell, Jr. American Inn of Court
- “Guardrails blamed for deaths still on Virginia roads seven years later” – WRIC-TV/8 News
Personal Injury Resources
Pedestrian accident – $1,300,000
Our client was a tow truck operator. He was preparing to tow a disabled RV on the shoulder of I-95 when he was struck by the defendant’s car. He sustained...
Wrongful death – $1,775,000
We represented four minor children whose mother was tragically killed when a teenage driver ran off the road to the right, over-corrected, crossed the double yellow lines and crashed into...
What to expect after a car accident
Every second counts after a car accident. The shock, confusion, and stress in the immediate aftermath can leave victims unsure of their next steps. The actions taken in these critical...
Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: Best practices
Outside of defensive driving, there’s not much you can do to prevent a car crash caused by someone else’s recklessness. However, there is a lot you can do to protect...
Allen & Allen donates $20,000 to Legal Aid
Allen & Allen shares a belief with the Legal Aid Society, in that everyone deserves competent legal representation. The Legal Aid Society provides free civil legal assistance to underserved communities....
Tacky lights, classy driving
Tacky light tours are always a fun holiday pastime. Even if there is a long line to see the display, it’s nothing that a little holiday music and hot cocoa...