Scott Fitzgerald is the great grandson of the Firm’s founder, George E. Allen, Sr., and is the first member of the fourth generation of the Allen family to join the Allen Law Firm. He currently works in the Richmond, VA office and focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury cases including motorcycle accidents, car accidents, and truck accidents. Having grown up with a family tradition of advocacy and service, Scott is passionate about protecting the interests of his clients and defending their rights against insurance companies.
Scott grew up in Chesterfield, Virginia and attended L.C. Bird High School, where he won the Virginia State Debate Championship in 2003. He attended the College of William & Mary for both his undergraduate degree and law degree.
In 2015, Scott was recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 trial attorney. In 2016, he was recognized by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys as a Top 10 Under 40 Personal Injury Attorney in Virginia.
A lover of sports and the outdoors, Scott’s hobbies include soccer, kayaking, canoeing, and boating. He lives in Richmond, Virginia with his wife.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2011 – Present)
- Summer Associate, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2010)
- Law Clerk, Virginia Attorney General’s Office, Civil Litigation Division, Trial Section (2009)
- Law Clerk, Alabama Attorney General’s Office, Capital Litigation Division (2009)
- Temporary Law Clerk, Administrative Law Judge Gerrilyn Grant (2009)
- Legal Assistant, Schultz & Trombly (2007, 2008)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., William & Mary School of Law (2011)
- B.A., College of William & Mary, cum laude (2007)
- Listed as “Rising Star” in Virginia Super Lawyers (2018)
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Moot Court Team – Semifinalist, 2011 ABA National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition, Washington, D.C.
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
Personal Injury Resources
Arbitration, Part 3: Some Disadvantages
Despite its benefits, arbitration is not right for every case. In Part 3 of our series on arbitration, attorney Scott D. Fitzgerald explains some possible disadvantages.
Arbitration, Part 2: Some Advantages
In Part 2 of the video series on arbitration, attorney Scott D. Fitzgerald explains some of the benefits of arbitration.
Arbitration, Part 1: What You Need to Know
Is arbitration right for your case? In Part 1 of our video series on arbitration, we explain the basics of what you need to know:
Is it Illegal to Wear Headphones While Driving In Virginia?
If you want to enjoy that awesome road trip playlist on Virginia's highways, you'll need your aux cord to avoid a ticket.
7 Safe Driving Tips for Rainy Days
The approach of spring and rainy weather go hand in hand. However, those “April Showers” can bring much more than just May flowers—they can lead to dangerous collisions on slippery...
Five Early Warning Signs of Diabetes You Shouldn’t Ignore
January means starting fresh with New Year’s Resolutions and a renewed focus on our health. Whether you are trying to eat healthier or exercise more frequently, it is important to...