Edward is an accomplished litigator and talented personal injury attorney who has tried and won cases in both state and federal courts. He wants clients to be treated fairly in the legal system, so he strives to serve as a compassionate advocate on their behalf. Edward currently serves as the President of the Allen Law Firm.
Edward helped spearhead the firm’s expansion to Northern Virginia and has been the managing partner of the Fredericksburg office since it opened in 1994. He joined Allen & Allen in 1987 after graduating from Washington and Lee University School of Law. He is proud to be one of the firm’s eight attorneys to be named to Best Lawyers in America – a publication considered by many to be the preeminent guide to legal excellence in the United States.
With a strong background in personal injury litigation, Edward handles cases involving car crashes, premises liability, motorcycle accidents, and traumatic brain injury throughout Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Edward is proud to be a member of the Allen Law Firm because of its strong commitment to helping injured people. He is a Past President of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, an organization which promotes the interests of the wrongfully injured.
Edward and his wife Nancy live in Fredericksburg with their son and daughter. He enjoys sailing, boating, and scuba diving. He is a licensed motorcycle operator.
- President, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2018 – Present)
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1987 – Present)
Licensed to practice law:
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Claims
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law (1987)
- B.A., Vanderbilt University (1984)
- Best Lawyers in America (2010 – Present)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (Top 5% of Virginia Attorneys) (2011 – Present)
- Top 50: Virginia Super Lawyers (2018)
- Past-President, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Governors, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2000 – Present)
- Member, Nominating Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2013 – Present)
- Faculty member, Virginia College of Trial Advocacy
- Member, Board of Governors, Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- President, Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Public Justice
- 15th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Author, “The Changing Law in Medical Payments Coverage in Virginia,”
Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (1994)
- Member, Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc.
- Member, Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce
Personal Injury Resources
Summer Firework Safety
Fireworks can be a popular and fun Fourth of July tradition. However, all types of fireworks – even sparklers- can cause serious injuries. In 2016 alone, 7,600 people visited the...
Allen & Allen Welcomes Edward L. Allen as New Firm President
The personal injury law firm of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen announces first Allen family member to serve as President in more than a decade.
National Work Zone Awareness Week Saves Lives
Learn how a little extra caution and the adoption of a few simple safety rules can help protect Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) workers and your fellow motorists near work zones.
Complete Guide to Winter Driving Safety
It’s no surprise that freezing temperatures and slippery roads can cause havoc with both the safe operation of your car and with your nerves. Data collected by the U.S. Department...
A New Logo to Reflect our Service-Driven Legacy
“The more of our lives we give to others, the fuller and the richer, the greater and the grander, the more beautiful and more happy our own lives become…our love,...
How to Organize a Food Drive in Your Community
With the holidays just around the corner, you may be feeling the generosity that flavors the season and are in search of different ways to give. If you want to...