Edward is an accomplished litigator and talented personal injury attorney who has tried and won cases in both state and federal courts. He wants clients to be treated fairly in the legal system, so he strives to serve as a compassionate advocate on their behalf. Edward currently serves as the President of the Allen Law Firm.
Edward helped spearhead the firm’s expansion to Northern Virginia and has been the managing partner of the Fredericksburg office since it opened in 1994. He joined Allen & Allen in 1987 after graduating from Washington and Lee University School of Law. He is proud to be one of the firm’s eight attorneys to be named to Best Lawyers in America – a publication considered by many to be the preeminent guide to legal excellence in the United States.
With a strong background in personal injury litigation, Edward handles cases involving car crashes, premises liability, motorcycle accidents, and traumatic brain injury throughout Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Edward is proud to be a member of the Allen Law Firm because of its strong commitment to helping injured people. He is a Past President of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, an organization which promotes the interests of the wrongfully injured.
Edward and his wife Nancy live in Fredericksburg with their son and daughter. He enjoys sailing, boating, and scuba diving. He is a licensed motorcycle operator.
- President, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2018 – Present)
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1987 – Present)
Licensed to practice law:
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Claims
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law (1987)
- B.A., Vanderbilt University (1984)
- Best Lawyers in America (2010 – Present)
- Best Lawyers in America – Litigation Edition (2020)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (Top 5% of Virginia Attorneys) (2011 – Present)
- Top 50: Virginia Super Lawyers (2018)
- Past-President, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Governors, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2000 – Present)
- Member, Nominating Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2013 – Present)
- Faculty member, Virginia College of Trial Advocacy
- Member, Board of Governors, Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- President, Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Public Justice
- 15th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Author, “The Changing Law in Medical Payments Coverage in Virginia,”
Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (1994)
- Member, Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc.
- Member, Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce
Personal Injury Resources
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all adjusting to a new normal in these unprecedented times, and we continue to be...
Toyota recall list
Below is a complete and chronological list of recalls from Toyota Motor Group. Date: 2/15/21 NHTSA Recall ID Number : 21V043 Issue : Transport hook may damage fuel filler pipe...
How to understand the full insurance benefits you’re entitled to
If you thoroughly read your insurance policy, you might think you have a full understanding of what your benefits entail. But sometimes, polices contain hidden language or unusual benefits that...
Choking incident highlights the need for seat belt safety
A mother in Massachusetts had no time to waste in saving the life of her eight year-old. In what has been described as a “freak accident,” her son got tangled...
Martin from Fredericksburg
“When Edward Allen did get involved, things got serious; people started taking it very seriously. . . Having Edward there with us and supporting our efforts was just priceless.” When...
Six Allen & Allen attorneys make Best Lawyers list in 2020
The Allen Law Firm is pleased to announce that six lawyers have been included in the 2020 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, universally regarded as the definitive guide...
Allen & Allen celebrates new Mechanicsville location
Allen & Allen lawyers throughout Central Virginia joined partners, staff, clients and guests on Tuesday, August 6, 2019, to celebrate the grand opening of the new Allen Law Firm location...