Edward is an accomplished litigator and talented personal injury attorney who has tried and won cases in both state and federal courts. He wants clients to be treated fairly in the legal system, so he strives to serve as a compassionate advocate on their behalf. Edward currently serves as the President of the Allen Law Firm.
Edward helped spearhead the firm’s expansion to Northern Virginia, and is currently the managing partner of the Richmond office. He joined Allen & Allen in 1987 after graduating from Washington and Lee University School of Law. He is proud to be one of the firm’s eight attorneys to be named to Best Lawyers in America – a publication considered by many to be the preeminent guide to legal excellence in the United States.
With a strong background in personal injury litigation, Edward handles cases involving car crashes, premises liability, motorcycle accidents, and traumatic brain injury throughout Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Edward is proud to be a member of the Allen Law Firm because of its strong commitment to helping injured people. He is a Past President of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, an organization which promotes the interests of the wrongfully injured.
Edward and his wife Nancy live in Fredericksburg with their son and daughter. He enjoys sailing, boating, and scuba diving. He is a licensed motorcycle operator.
- President, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2018 – Present)
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1987 – Present)
Licensed to practice law:
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Claims
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law (1987)
- B.A., Vanderbilt University (1984)
- Lawyer of the Year – Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Richmond (2022)
- Best Lawyers in America (2010 – Present)
- Best Lawyers in America – Litigation Edition (2020)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (Top 5% of Virginia Attorneys) (2011 – Present)
- Top 50: Virginia Super Lawyers (2018)
- Past-President, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Governors, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2000 – Present)
- Member, Nominating Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2013 – Present)
- Faculty member, Virginia College of Trial Advocacy
- Member, Board of Governors, Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Public Justice
- 15th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Author, “The Changing Law in Medical Payments Coverage in Virginia,”
Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (1994)
- Member, Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc.
- Member, Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce
Personal Injury Resources
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all still adjusting to the new normal, and we continue to be mindful of the...
Traumatic brain injury – $500,000
The plaintiff was working at a plant in Ashland, when he was struck by a large door that had fallen from the ceiling. Though on his original doctor visit he...
Attorneys earn two categories for Lawyer of the Year
Allen & Allen is pleased to announce that both Edward Allen and Jason Konvicka have been named 2022’s Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America. Edward Allen was...
Meet Virginia Personal Injury Attorney Edward L. Allen
Edward Allen is the president of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen and the managing partner of the Richmond office. He is an experienced trial attorney and focuses his practice on...
Virginia statute of limitations for personal injury claims
Deadlines. They’re a fact of life. We face deadlines for filing income tax returns, college applications and much more. Few deadlines are as important as those we encounter when we...
Toyota recall list
Below is a complete and chronological list of recalls from Toyota Motor Group. Date: 4/19/21 NHTSA Recall ID number: 21V257 Issue: Side curtain air bags may not deploy Make and...
How to understand the full insurance benefits you’re entitled to
If you thoroughly read your insurance policy, you might think you have a full understanding of what your benefits entail. But sometimes, polices contain hidden language or unusual benefits that...