Pedestrian Accident Law Firm
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Central Virginia
Countless studies have proven that walking is an effective exercise that has many positive health benefits. If you are a pedestrian near cars, trucks, and buses, walking may also expose you to potential injuries or even death due to distracted or negligent drivers.
If you are a pedestrian who has been struck by a vehicle, your resulting injuries can prevent you from living the life you are used to. This may cause frustration, fear and uncertainty about the future. It can feel as though you have more questions than answers. How will I pay my mounting medical bills? How will I support my family while I recover? What about my job? Do I need a lawyer to help me?
At Allen & Allen, we understand that you feel your life has been shattered. We have made it our mission to help you put the pieces back together.
What Should I Do in the Event of a Pedestrian Accident?
Under Virginia law, you may have the right to recover money if you have been injured in a pedestrian accident through the negligence or recklessness of another person. Damages include reimbursement or compensation for:
- Past medical costs
- Future medical costs
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Lost wages
- Loss of economic opportunity
- Embarrassing scars or disfigurement
- The extent of injuries sustained
Many insurance companies will contact you as early as the day after a crash to obtain a recorded statement about your injuries and your accident. They may also try to offer you a quick settlement before you know the full extent of your injuries and medical costs
Before speaking with any insurance company representatives, you can protect yourself by contacting an attorney at Allen & Allen to discuss your situation. Our experienced attorneys can help you determine:
- Your rights with regard to the negligent driver’s insurance company.
- How to obtain a fair settlement offer for damages through negotiation.
- What evidence may need to be presented in order to collect appropriate financial compensation for your injuries?
Giving a statement to the negligent driver’s insurance company is not in your best interest. You are under no legal obligation to provide such a statement, and if you do, it could be used against you during the settlement process.
Why Choose Allen & Allen?
While the circumstances behind every pedestrian accident are different, one fact holds true for all—the time immediately following the accident is stressful and confusing. Having the right attorney can provide the support you need.
The attorneys at Allen & Allen have more than 600 years of combined experience with personal injury cases. Over our 100 year history, we have handled many complex and devastating cases with victims sustaining injuries ranging from cuts and bruises to spinal cord or traumatic brain injuries. Allen & Allen is a family firm built on compassionate service. We are committed to protecting our clients throughout their recovery and will fight for their fair treatment and compensation.
- Case result: Attorney David Williams, Jr. secured $175,000 on behalf of a restaurant manager who was struck by an SUV.
- Attorney Jason Konvicka secured $500,000 on behalf of a woman who, after being struck by a bus, was hospitalized for 17 days and on bed rest for eight weeks.
- Attorney P. Christopher Guedri secured $3.7 million on behalf of the family of a woman who, after being struck by a Greyhound bus, died from her resulting injuries.
Pedestrian Accident Resources
- Pedestrian traffic laws in Virginia: Jaywalking, crosswalks, and more – Details the pedestrian traffic laws to ensure safety for all on or around the road
- Pedestrian Safety Tips – Guidelines to apply when walking in order to keep you and your loved ones safe
- Back to school: Child pedestrian safety – Details legislation and methods drivers should acknowledge to keep child pedestrians safe