Experienced Tractor Trailer Accident Attorneys
Sharing the road with tractor trailers is a daily occurrence for many drivers. These regular encounters can turn dangerous or even deadly when faulty equipment, shifting or falling loads, or driver fatigue cause catastrophic crashes.
For months or even years after a collision, the resulting injuries can prevent you from living the life you are used to, which can lead to frustration, fear and uncertainty about the future. At times, it may feel as though you have more questions than answers. How will I pay my mounting medical bills? How will I support my family while I recover? What about my job? Do I need a lawyer to help me?
The team at Allen & Allen understands it can feel like your life has been shattered after an accident. We have made it our mission to help you put the pieces back together.
Know Your Rights
Under Virginia law, you may be entitled to monetary damages if you have been injured in a car crash through the negligence or recklessness of another person. Damages may include reimbursement or compensation for:
- Past medical costs
- Future medical costs
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Lost wages
- Loss of economic opportunity
- Funeral expenses
Many insurance companies will contact you as early as the day after a crash to obtain a recorded statement about your injuries and your accident.
Before speaking with any insurance company representatives, you can help to protect yourself by contacting an attorney at Allen & Allen to discuss your situation. If you have a case, our experienced attorneys can help you:
- Recover damages you are entitled to from the negligent driver’s insurance company.
- Pursue uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage and medical payments coverage from your own insurance company.
- Obtain a fair settlement offer for damages through negotiation.
- Collect evidence may need to be presented to protect your claim to appropriate financial compensation for your injuries.
Giving a statement to the insurance company might not in your best interest. You are under no legal obligation to provide such a statement, and if you do, it could be used against you during the settlement process.
What Should I Do Next?
If you’ve been involved in a collision with a tractor-trailer, you may have questions about your next step. Follow these guidelines to help ensure that your actions and decisions don’t compromise your case.
- Do not repair or dispose of your damaged car without first talking to an attorney.
- Never surrender custody of your vehicle to an insurance scrap lot, junkyard, or recycler without consulting a lawyer first. If your car contains a black box that recorded vital data from the crash, the chain of custody of your vehicle is extremely important.
- Keep your car in a safe place, preferably under a protective cover or in a garage. We may need your car as evidence to help prove your case. We may require photographs of the damage or we may enlist the assistance of an accident reconstruction expert to examine your vehicle and look for physical evidence to help support your case.
- Limit access to your damaged car to anyone other than you or a trusted custodian working on your behalf.
- Keep all owners’ manuals, maintenance records, and repair records for your car, as well as all warranty documents regardless of whether or not your vehicle is a total loss. If a trucking company tries to blame you for the crash because of an equipment failure or malfunction of your car, these records could be essential to your case.
- If anyone at the scene after the accident identifies himself to you as an eyewitness, ask for someone to write down identifying information and the contact details for that witness. This information could be extremely valuable to your case.
Your Personal Injury Case Begins Before You Leave the Scene of a Crash
While the circumstances behind every collision are different, one fact holds true for all—the time immediately following the crash can be stressful and confusing. Our convenient Glove Compartment Quick Reference Guide is an invaluable aid to help steer you through the crucial steps to take right after an accident.
Another handy source of advice about what to do after a crash is our online question-and-answer guide, “What Should I Do at the Scene of a Car or Truck Accident?” Both of these resources were created by our team of personal injury attorneys with your protection in mind.
What You Need to Know About Tractor Trailer Accidents
Accidents involving tractor trailers should be carefully handled by attorneys with the specialized skills and experience to protect you from trucking companies and their resources. Those companies, to protect their own best interests, will often deploy investigators to a crash site immediately in order to build a case that the accident was not caused by the truck driver.
The sooner you contact the experienced attorneys at Allen & Allen, the sooner we can act to secure evidence before it has been lost or damaged. Prompt investigation of the crash is essential to the successful prosecution of a tractor-trailer accident case. Swift action by our team of in-house investigators can help ensure evidence vital to your case like skid marks, impact marks, driver’s logs, alcohol and drug testing results, and the preservation of the truck itself is not lost to weather conditions or other interference.
Why Choose Allen & Allen?
The attorneys at Allen & Allen have more than 600 years of combined experience handling car accident cases. Over our firm’s 100 year history, we have handled many complex and devastating collision cases with victims sustaining injuries ranging from broken bones to spinal cord or traumatic brain injuries. Allen & Allen is a family firm built on compassionate service. We are committed to protecting our clients throughout their recovery and will fight for the fair treatment and compensation they deserve.
As part of our commitment to our clients and our community, Allen & Allen attorneys regularly conduct educational campaigns at area schools to help raise awareness regarding the dangers of Distracted Driving and teach young drivers how to avoid them.
In addition to our experienced attorneys, the Allen Law Firm has a respected in-house investigation team comprised of former police officers who possess the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain data that can be valuable evidence in support of your case. The verifiable proof that an impaired or distracted driver was texting, in the midst of a phone call, or interacting with on-board navigation at the time of the crash could make a tremendous difference in the outcome of your case.
No matter how minor or severe your collision may have been, an attorney can help you to navigate the intimidating field of insurance claims to make sure you recover the compensation you deserve. You can discuss your unique situation at no cost by calling 1-866-388-1307 today.
Start Rebuilding Your Life
You should not have to shoulder the financial burden of a crash that was caused by someone else’s negligence. Let us help you collect the compensation you deserve by holding the person who caused your injuries accountable. At Allen & Allen, our team of experienced lawyers and in-house investigators use their skills to collect evidence and build a solid case while you focus on your recovery.
If you or a family member has been injured, don’t wait to contact a lawyer. Don’t wait to begin rebuilding your life.