Tractor Trailer Accident Law Firm
Tractor Trailer Accident Attorneys in Central Virginia
Sharing the road with tractor trailers is a daily occurrence for many drivers. These regular encounters can turn dangerous or even deadly when faulty equipment, shifting or falling loads, or driver fatigue cause catastrophic crashes.
For months or even years after a collision, the resulting injuries can prevent you from living the life you are used to, which can lead to frustration, fear and uncertainty about the future. At times, it may feel as though you have more questions than answers. How will I pay my mounting medical bills? How will I support my family while I recover? What about my job? Do I need a lawyer to help me?
The team at Allen & Allen understands it can feel like your life has been shattered after an accident. We have made it our mission to help you put the pieces back together.
What should you do in the event of a tractor trailer accident?
Under Virginia law, you may be entitled to monetary damages if you have been injured in a car crash through the negligence or recklessness of another person. Damages may include reimbursement or compensation for:
- Past medical costs
- Future medical costs
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Lost wages
- Loss of economic opportunity
- Funeral expenses
Many insurance companies will contact you as early as the day after a crash to obtain a recorded statement about your injuries and your accident.
Before speaking with any insurance company representatives, you can help to protect yourself by contacting an attorney at Allen & Allen to discuss your situation. If you have a case, our experienced attorneys can help you:
- Recover damages you are entitled to from the negligent driver’s insurance company.
- Pursue uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage and medical payments coverage from your own insurance company.
- Obtain a fair settlement offer for damages through negotiation.
- Collect evidence may need to be presented to protect your claim to appropriate financial compensation for your injuries.
Accidents involving tractor trailers should be carefully handled by attorneys with the specialized skills and experience to protect you from trucking companies and their resources. Those companies, to protect their own best interests, will often deploy investigators to a crash site immediately in order to build a case that the accident was not caused by the truck driver.
Giving a statement to the insurance company might not in your best interest. You are under no legal obligation to provide such a statement, and if you do, it could be used against you during the settlement process.
While the circumstances behind every collision are different, one fact holds true for all—the time immediately following the crash can be stressful and confusing. Our convenient Glove Compartment Quick Reference Guide is an invaluable aid to help steer you through the crucial steps to take right after an accident.
Another handy source of advice about what to do after a crash is our online question-and-answer guide, “What Should I Do at the Scene of a Car or Truck Accident?” Both of these resources were created by our team of personal injury attorneys with your protection in mind.
Why Choose Allen & Allen?
The attorneys at Allen & Allen have more than 600 years of combined experience handling car accident cases. Over our firm’s 100 year history, we have handled many complex and devastating collision cases with victims sustaining injuries ranging from broken bones to spinal cord or traumatic brain injuries. Allen & Allen is a family firm built on compassionate service. We are committed to protecting our clients throughout their recovery and will fight for the fair treatment and compensation they deserve.
- Case result: Attorney Jason Konvicka secured $22 million for a vehicle crash with a dump truck, resulting in the catastrophic injury and subsequently permanent brain injury of a 12 year-old boy.
- Attorney R. Clayton Allen secured $1,250,000 on behalf of a 78 year-old woman who was killed when a tractor trailer ran a red light and collided with her vehicle.
- Attorney P. Christopher Guedri secured $23 million on behalf of a tractor trailer driver who, after rear-ending another rig, suffered a traumatic brain injury and the loss of his leg.
Office Locations for Tractor Trailer Accident Cases
Tractor Trailer Accident Resources
- What should I do at the scene of a car or truck accident? – FAQs and next steps
- A truck driver’s responsibility in hazardous weather – How to protect others on the road if you operate a tractor trailer
- Seven tips for sharing the road with trucks – How to ensure your own safety on the road