Compassionate Car Accident Law Firm
Car Accident Lawyers in Virginia
More than 6,500 people are injured and nearly 100 more Americans are killed in a car accident every day. For days, months, or even years after a collision, the resulting injuries can prevent you from living the life you are used to, leading to frustration, fear, and uncertainty about the future. At times, it can feel as though you have more questions than answers.
Under Virginia law, you may be entitled to monetary damages if you have been injured in a car crash through the negligence or recklessness of another person. Damages may include reimbursement or compensation for:
- Past medical costs
- Future medical costs
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Lost wages
- Loss of economic opportunity
- Funeral expenses
What to do when you get in a car accident
Many insurance companies will contact you as early as the day after a crash to obtain a recorded statement about your injuries and your accident. Before speaking with any insurance company representatives, you can help to protect yourself by contacting an attorney at Allen & Allen to discuss your situation. You are under no legal obligation to provide such a statement, and if you do, it could be used against you during the settlement process. If you have a case, our experienced attorneys can help you:
- Recover damages you are entitled to from the negligent driver’s insurance company.
- Pursue uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage and medical payments coverage from your own insurance company.
- Obtain a fair settlement offer for damages through negotiation.
- Collect evidence may need to be presented to protect your claim to appropriate financial compensation for your injuries.
While the circumstances behind every collision are different, one fact holds true for all—the time immediately following the crash can be stressful and confusing. Our convenient Glove Compartment Quick Reference Guide is an invaluable aid to help steer you through the crucial steps to take right after an accident.
Why Choose Allen & Allen?
The attorneys at Allen & Allen have more than 600 years of combined experience with car accident cases. Over our 100-year history, we have handled many complex and devastating collision cases with victims sustaining injuries ranging from broken bones to spinal cord or traumatic brain injury.
- Case result: Attorneys Jason Konvicka and Scott Fitzgerald secured $604,219 for a car crash, in which the plaintiff required surgery, having a permanentt plate and screws inserted.
- Attorney Trent Kerns secured $367,000 for a plaintifff who suffered injuries in a car crash in which the defendant attempted to deny responsibility.
Car Accident Resources
- What About My Car? – How to deal with car damage after an accident
- Should I Use My Health Insurance? – What to do in the case that the accident was not your fault
- What Steps Should I Take After a Car Accident? – FAQs