Motorcycle Accident Law Firm
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Virginia
The small size of motorcycles and their comparatively low costs of purchase and operation are what attract many riders to these vehicles for both commuting and leisure. Sadly, that same small size that makes a motorcycle attractive also makes them exceptionally vulnerable on the roads to distracted and inattentive drivers.
Without the protection of seat belts, airbags, and other safety features found in cars, motorcyclists often sustain far more traumatic injuries if they are involved in an accident. Other vehicles on the roadway, and sometimes the perilous condition of the road itself, can lead to crashes with injuries that turn your life upside-down. After you’ve been involved in an accident, it can feel as though you have more questions than answers. How will I pay my mounting medical bills? How will I support my family while I recover? What about my job? Do I need a lawyer to help me?
Our Virginia Motorcycle Accident lawyers at Allen & Allen understand that you feel your life has been shattered, and we have made it our mission to help you put the pieces back together. We have extensive experience with motorcycle accident claims. Contact us at 866-772-1384 for a free consultation to evaluate your potential claim.
Why Choose Allen & Allen for Your Virginia Motorcycle Accident Claim?
The attorneys at Allen & Allen have more than 600 years of combined experience with accident cases. Over our 100 year history, we have handled many complex and devastating motorcycle accident cases with victims sustaining injuries ranging from cuts and bruises to spinal cord or traumatic brain injury. Allen & Allen is a family firm built on compassionate service, and we are committed to protecting our clients throughout their recovery and will fight for their fair treatment and compensation.
- Case result: Attorney David Irvine secured $450,000 after an accident between two motorcycles left the plaintiff with significant injuries, requiring four surgeries, and reduced to 20 percent range of motion in his left knee.
With offices in Richmond, Charlottesville, and Fredericksburg, our Virginia motorcycle accident attorneys have a deep understanding of the state’s traffic laws. With transparent communication, a contingency fee structure, and a local presence, Allen & Allen stands as a dedicated advocate for justice, aiming to secure fair compensation for our clients and contribute to safer roads in Virginia. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Should I Do in the Event of a Motorcycle Accident?
In the unfortunate event of a motorcycle crash, knowing the immediate steps to take is crucial. At Allen & Allen, we understand the complexities and challenges that follow such incidents. Our guidance begins with this essential advice on what to do after a motorcycle crash.
Many insurance companies will contact you as early as the day after a crash to obtain a recorded statement about your injuries and your accident. These statements are not in your best interest when the full extent of your injuries and your financial burden have yet to be determined. You are under to provide such a statement, and if you do, it could be used against you during the settlement process. You can help to protect yourself by contacting an attorney at Allen & Allen to discuss your situation before you speak with the insurance companies.
- Prioritize Safety: Move to a safe location, if possible. Turn on hazard lights and use warning signals. Check for injuries and administer first aid if trained.
- Call Emergency Services: Dial 911 to report the accident. Request medical assistance and police presence.
- Document the Scene: Take photos of the accident scene if possible, including vehicles and any visible injuries. Exchange information with the other party involved, and collect contact details of witnesses.
- Obtain Police Report: Cooperate with law enforcement on the scene, and get a copy of the police report for your records.
- Seek Medical Attention: Visit a healthcare professional, even if injuries seem minor. Document medical treatment, evaluation, and expenses.
- Preserve Evidence: Keep records of all communication related to the accident. Preserve damaged clothing, helmet, and motorcycle for evidence.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance company about the accident. Provide necessary information and follow their instructions.
- Consult with an Attorney: Reach out to a Virginia motorcycle accident attorney at The Allen Firm for legal guidance. Discuss the circumstances of the accident and explore your options.
- Monitor Your Health: Attend follow-up medical appointments and document any ongoing symptoms or complications.
- Keep Records: Maintain a file of all documents related to the accident. Track expenses, receipts, and correspondence.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may have questions about your next steps. Our convenient Glove Compartment Quick Reference Guide is an invaluable aid to help steer you through the crucial steps to take right after an accident.
Another handy source of advice about what to do after a crash is our online question-and-answer guide, “What Should I Do at the Scene of an Accident?” Both of these resources were created by our team of experienced lawyers, personal injury attorneys with your protection in mind.
How Can a Virginia Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help Me?
If you suffered serious injuries or in the tragic event of motorcycle accident fatalities, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim or wrongful death claim. It is a good idea to enlist the help of an experienced Virginia motorcycle accident lawyer to be your ally.
Navigating the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming, and seeking the assistance of a skilled motorcycle accident attorney can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. At Allen & Allen, our attorneys bring a wealth of experience in handling motorcycle accident cases. We understand the unique challenges these cases present. We are adept at investigating the details of the accident, determining liability, and building a compelling case on your behalf.
A motorcycle accident lawyer can serve as your advocate throughout the legal process, dealing with insurance companies, negotiating settlements, and, if necessary, representing you in court. Beyond the legal complexities, our team at Allen & Allen recognizes the personal toll such incidents can take. We approach each case with compassion, providing not only legal expertise but also emotional support during what can be a challenging time. By choosing Allen & Allen, you’re selecting a legal team committed to ensuring your rights are protected, aiming for full and fair compensation, and guiding you toward a path of recovery.
What Damages May Be Available for a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Under Virginia law, you may have the right to recover monetary damages if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident through the negligence or recklessness of another person.
Damages may include reimbursement or compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Future lost wages
- Pain and suffering, severe emotional effects
- Loss of property
- Wrongful death
The attorneys at Allen & Allen can help you to determine:
- The rights you have to collect from the negligent driver’s insurance company or from the entity responsible for the safe upkeep of the roads.
- How to collect uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage and medical payments coverage from your own insurance company.
- How to obtain a fair settlement offer for damages through negotiation.
- What evidence may need to be presented in order to collect appropriate financial compensation.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents can result in a range of injuries, often more severe than those sustained in other types of vehicular accidents. Due to the exposed nature of riders and the lack of protective barriers, individuals on motorcycles are vulnerable to various types of injuries. Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Road Rash: Abrasions and skin injuries caused by sliding on the road surface.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: Impact with another vehicle or the road can lead to fractures and breaks.
- Head Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries, concussions, and skull fractures are prevalent, emphasizing the importance of helmets.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Severe impacts may result in spinal cord damage, leading to paralysis or long-term disabilities.
- Internal Injuries: Blunt force trauma can cause damage to internal organs, requiring immediate medical attention.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Sprains, strains, and damage to muscles, ligaments, and tendons can occur in a motorcycle accident.
Given the high risk of catastrophic injuries and even wrongful death in motorcycle accidents, riders must prioritize safety measures, including wearing protective gear and helmets. Unfortunately, even the most careful motorcycle operator can be injured in a crash because of a negligent driver.
The combination of heavier vehicles on the road and the limited protection afforded to motorcycle riders underscores the importance of legal recourse for those affected. In the event of a motorcycle accident, seeking the guidance of a qualified attorney can be essential in securing the compensation needed for medical expenses, rehabilitation, and other associated costs.
Contact Allen & Allen for your Virginia Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you or a loved one has experienced a motorcycle accident in Virginia resulting in personal injury or wrongful death, don’t face the aftermath alone. At Allen & Allen, our experienced team of attorneys is here to guide you through the legal process with compassion and dedication. We understand the unique challenges posed by motorcycle accidents and are committed to securing the compensation you deserve.
Your well-being is our priority. Contact Allen & Allen today for a confidential consultation to discuss your case. Our knowledgeable attorneys are ready to provide the support you need to navigate the complexities of your motorcycle accident claim. Don’t delay – take the first step towards recovery by reaching out to Allen & Allen now. Your path to justice begins here. Call us at 866-772-1384 or fill out the contact form on this website.
Motorcycle Accident Resources
- The Basics of Motorcycle Safety – Valuable tips to ensure safety while riding a motorcycle
- Do I Really Need Motorcycle Insurance? – Answers and explains the titular question
- Motorcycles and the Risk of Traumatic Brain Injury – Explains the elevated risks and implications of traumatic brain injury when riding a motorcycle