Product Liability Attorneys
Items that we rely on for everyday tasks can sometimes cause injury and even death if they are defectively designed or have a defect which occurred during manufacture. It can be tough to accept that these innocent items could be the cause for our pain and suffering, especially when the resulting injuries prevent you from living the life you are used to.
At times, it can feel as though you have more questions than answers. How will I pay my mounting medical bills? How will I support my family while I recover? What about my job? Do I need a lawyer to help me?
We at Allen & Allen understand that you feel your life has been turned upside down, and we have made it our mission to help you restore stability and peace of mind.
Know Your Rights
Virginia law governing product liability cases is complex and can be especially challenging for plaintiffs. An experienced attorney can help to determine whether your injury qualifies as a viable claim, and that attorney’s assistance can be essential in collecting financial compensation if it does. Damages may include reimbursement or compensation for:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical needs
- Loss of property
Before speaking with any insurance company representatives, you can protect yourself by contacting an attorney at Allen & Allen to discuss your situation. If you have a case, our experienced attorneys can help you by:
- Collecting evidence that may need to be presented to protect your claim to appropriate financial compensation for your injuries.
- Dealing with the product manufacturer’s insurance company.
- Obtaining a fair settlement offer for damages through negotiation.
- Litigating your case if necessary to get the result you deserve.
In What Ways Could a Product Be Dangerous or Defective?
- The product may be defectively designed in which case the entire product line may create a potential hazard to consumers.
- The individual product may have a defect which occurred during manufacture, in which case only the products affected by the failure to manufacture them properly may cause injury to consumers.
- The product may not have had a warning label which adequately explained how consumers should properly use or handle the product.
What Should I Do Next?
- Keep the product in a safe and secure location in the same condition it was in at the time of the accident.
- Locate and safely keep all documents related to the product, including packaging materials, instruction books, warranties, receipts, etc.
- Never give or return the product to the retailer or to the manufacturer, even if the manufacturer promises to return the product after examination or testing.
Contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible after your injury. This can make the difference between winning and losing your product liability case.
Why Choose Allen & Allen?
While the circumstances behind every product liability case are different, one fact holds true for all—the time immediately following the injury can be stressful and confusing, but the right attorney can provide the support you need.
The attorneys at Allen & Allen have more than 600 years of combined experience with accident cases. Over our 100 year history, we have handled many complex and devastating product liability cases with victims sustaining injuries ranging from cuts and bruises to spinal cord or traumatic brain injury. Allen & Allen is a family firm built on compassionate service, and we are committed to protecting our clients throughout their recovery and will fight for their fair treatment and compensation.
No matter how severe your injury may have been, an attorney can help you to navigate the intimidating field of insurance claims to make sure you are offered the settlement you deserve. You can discuss your unique situation at no cost by calling us today.
Start Rebuilding Your Life
You should not have to shoulder the financial burden of an injury that was caused by a product flaw. Let us help you collect the compensation you deserve. At Allen & Allen, our team of experienced lawyers and in-house investigators use their skills to collect evidence and build a solid case on your behalf while you focus on your recovery.
If you or a family member has been injured, don’t wait to contact a lawyer. Don’t wait to begin rebuilding your life.