Bus Accident Law Firm
Bus Accident Attorneys in Central Virginia
Each year, travelers, commuters, and school children rely on the nearly 900,000 buses on American roadways to get them safely to their destinations. Sometimes, those bus rides can turn tragic for passengers, motorists, or especially pedestrians.
According to recent data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Division, more than 38,000 people were seriously injured last year in bus-related crashes. If you’ve been injured while riding on a bus, or if you were struck by a bus while walking or cycling, your worries may be mounting as quickly as your medical bills. How will you pay for treatment of your injuries? What about your job? How will you support your family while you recover?
We at Allen & Allen understand that your life has been altered forever, and we have made it our mission to help ease your worries and restore your peace of mind.
What Should I Do in the Event of a Bus Accident?
Under Virginia law, you may have the right to recover monetary damages if you have been injured in a bus-related accident. Damages may include reimbursement or compensation for:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical expenses
You can help to protect yourself by contacting an attorney at Allen & Allen to discuss your situation before you speak with the insurance companies. Our experienced attorneys can help you to determine:
- If you have rights to collect from the negligent operator’s insurance company.
- If you are eligible to collect medical payments coverage from your own insurance company.
- If we can help you obtain a fair settlement offer for damages through negotiation.
- What evidence may need to be presented in order to collect financial compensation.
Many insurance companies and lawyers representing public transit systems, school systems, or private charter companies will contact you as early as the day after a crash to obtain a recorded statement about your injuries and your accident. These representatives have extensive resources at their disposal and will use them to seek any reason to deny your claim.
A recorded statement is not in your best interest when the full extent of your injuries and your financial burden have yet to be determined. You are under no legal obligation to provide such a statement, and if you do, it could be used against you during the settlement process. Instead, you should seek the help of attorneys like those at Allen & Allen who have the necessary experience and confidence when it comes to protecting clients injured in bus accidents from the insurance companies representing cities and large corporations.
Accidents involving buses should be carefully handled, and the attorneys at Allen & Allen have the specialized skills and experience to protect you from insurance companies and their resources. Those insurance companies, to protect their own best interests, will often deploy investigators to a crash site immediately in order to build an argument that the accident is not due to driver negligence.
Why Choose Allen & Allen?
While the circumstances behind every accident involving a bus are different, one fact is universal—the time immediately following the accident can be stressful and confusing. Choosing the right attorney is an important decision to ensure you receive the support and guidance you need. You can discuss your unique situation at no cost by calling Allen & Allen today.
- Case result: Attorney Jason Konvicka secured $500,000 on behalf of a woman who suffered copious orthopedic injuries and a traumatic brain injury after being struck by a bus.
- Attorney P. Christopher Guedri secured $3.7 million on behalf of a woman who was struck by a Greyhound bus and died as a result of her multiple severe injuries, including three separate brain injuries.
- Attorney J. David Douthit secured $8 million on behalf of a 34 year-old plaintiff who was run over by a bus and left with catastrophic injuries as a result.
Office Locations for Car Accident Cases
Bus Accident Resources
- RVA Pulse Points: Pedestrian struck dead by GRTC bus – News story highlighting the dangers of massive vehicles
- School Bus Safety Tips – Suggested precautions for school bus drivers and passengers
- Safe Driving – Stopping for School Buses – A description of the laws requiring people to stop when approaching a school bus