Ashley T. Davis
Ashley Davis is an Attorney in the Richmond, VA office of Allen & Allen. Ashley plays an integral role in the large and complex personal injury cases of the firm by identifying, analyzing and addressing legal issues that affect our clients' cases. Before joining Allen & Allen, Ashley spent ten years representing defendants and insurance companies in cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, products liability, automobile and trucking accidents, brain injury, premises liability and toxic exposures. Her background as a defense lawyer gives her valuable insight into how insurance companies and their litigators handle personal injury claims. This understanding is an asset to Allen & Allen clients who benefit from her working knowledge of the defense.
Ashley is an adjunct professor who teaches trial advocacy at the University of Richmond's T. C. Williams School of Law. She has given lectures on a variety of litigation topics including the Medicare Secondary Payor Act, litigation in Virginia state courts, effective techniques for handling out-of-state litigation and the Freedom of Information Act. She has been asked to speak by the Women’s Caucus of The Virginia Trial Lawyers’ Association, the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, the Institute for Paralegal Education and the National Business Institute. Ashley graduated with High Honors in the top 10 of her law school class from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. from the College of William and Mary and was advanced to candidacy for a Ph.D. in Anthropology at the University of Pittsburgh.
Ashley is fluent in Spanish. Before pursuing law school, Ashley lived and worked as an archaeologist in Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Attorney – Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2014 - Present)
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Law, Lawyering Skills III - T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, Virginia (2008 - Present)
- Attorney – Complex Products Liability and Mass Tort Litigation Department -McGuireWoods LLP, Richmond, Virginia (2004 - 2014)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- J.D. with High Honors (Top 10) - The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Advanced to candidacy for Ph.D. in Anthropology - The University of Pittsburgh
- B.A. magna cum laude - The College of William & Mary (Phi Beta Kappa)
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- The Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Women's Attorneys Association
- American Association for Justice
- Amicus Curiae Committee, The Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Women’s Caucus Committee, The Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Diversity Conference, Virginia State Bar
- Task Force for Electronic Filing - Supreme Court of Virginia - Appointed by the chief justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, Leroy R. Hassell, Sr., to advise the Supreme Court on the implementation of electronic filing.
- Training Staff to Safeguard Confidential Client Information, The Journal, published by The Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2014)
- Obtaining Summary Judgment in a Negligence Case in Virginia and the Viability of the Contributory Negligence Doctrine in Virginia, Journal of Civil Litigation, published by the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Vol. 21(1):1-8 (Spring 2009)
- CLE Presenter, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association's Women's Caucus, "Client Intake and Representation Agreements: Ethical Pitfalls, Red Flags, and the Keys to a Successful Interview, " September 2015.
- CLE Presenter, National Business Institute Virginia CLE, "Medicare Set-Asides in Personal Injury Litigation," June 2013.
- Guest Speaker, T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond, "Attacking the Case," 2005 to present (Annually)
- Panel Moderator, "Civil Court Judicial Forum, Advanced Discovery and Trial Practice," October 2012.
- CLE Presenter, National Business Institute/Institute of Paralegal Education CLE, "Trial Preparation from Start to Finish for Paralegals," May 2012.
- CLE Presenter, "The Paralegal's Guide to Handling Out-of-State Litigation," February 2011.