Product Liability Lawyers
If you or a family member has suffered a severe personal injury because of a defective product or has died in an accident involving a defective product, the experienced attorneys at Allen & Allen can help. Call us at 866-388-1307 for a free consultation. We have 8 offices across Virginia in Richmond, Charlottesville, Petersburg and Fredericksburg. When looking for a personal injury lawyer, choose a Virginia law firm with proven results.
There are many reasons a product may be dangerous or defective.
- The product may be defectively designed in which case the entire product line may create a potential hazard to consumers.
- The individual product may have a defect which occurred during manufacture, in which case only the products affected by the failure to manufacture them properly may cause injury to consumers.
- The product may not have had a warning label which adequately explained how consumers should properly use or handle the product.
What action should you take if you believe you or a family member has been injured by a defective product?
- Keep the product in a safe and secure location in the same condition it was in at the time of the accident.
- Locate and safely keep all documents related to the product including: packaging materials, instruction books, warranties, receipts, etc.
- Never give or return the product to the retailer or to the manufacturer, even if the manufacturer promises to return the product after examination or "testing".
- Contact an experienced attorney, like the defective product lawyers at Allen and Allen, within hours or days after your injury. This can make the difference between winning and losing your product liability case.
Our attorneys have substantial experience recruiting teams of leading experts in the fields of Engineering, Safety, and Human Factors to testify on behalf of our clients. These experts can explain to a jury, in simple language, how a product's defect(s) caused our client's injuries. If you have a product liability case, put our knowledgeable lawyers on your side. Contact us at 866-388-1307.
If your injuries prevent you from traveling to our office, we will come to you. The Allen Law Firm is one of Virginia's oldest and largest personal injury law firms and we are here for you.
For decades, the product liability lawyers at Allen and Allen have fought aggressively for the rights of our clients who have been injured in product liability cases and defective products cases, including cases involving:
- Defective commercial washing machine that malfunctioned causing amputation of a hand
- Tire failure
- Defective firearms
- Defectively designed sharp bolt on a diving board which caused a severe scar on a young boy
- Defective automobile which burst into flames upon ignition, killing the driver
- Defective automatic door opening mechanism
- Seat back failure resulting in quadriplegia
- Defective garage door mechanism which caused amputation of a finger
- Failure of a trailer hitch mechanism which caused trailer and towing vehicle to separate resulting in severe injury to a nearby pedestrian
- Failure of device designed to secure a bulldozer to a trailer causing multiple fractures