Virginia Defective Product Attorneys
A product may be dangerous or defective for many reasons:
- the product may have a defective design, in which case the entire line of products may be hazardous to consumers
- the manufacturing process may have created individual defects in certain products, in which case the product may harm only a single person
- the product may lack a warning label that sufficiently explains the potential hazards and proper uses of the product.
If you or a family member has suffered a serious injury in an accident involving a defective product, call 866-388-1307 for a free consultation with Allen & Allen's defective products lawyers. We have offices conveniently located throughout Virginia in Richmond, Charlotttesville, Fredericksburg and Petersburg.
After an injury from a defective product, you should take the following steps to help protect your rights:
- Store the product in a safe and secure place so that it remains in the same condition it was in when the accident occurred. Manufacturers commonly seek out, purchase, and destroy the defective product so there will be no evidence with which to prove your case.
- Find and store all packaging materials, instruction booklets, warranties, invoices, receipts, and other paper work that pertain to the defective product.
- Do not allow the manufacturer to take back the product, even if they say they will return it after “testing” or “examination.”
- Call an experienced defective product attorney as quickly as possible after your injury. Making contact within hours or days can be the difference between winning and losing a defective product case.
The defective product attorneys at Allen & Allen have spent decades fighting aggressively to protect the rights of their clients in defective product litigation. Our work has included cases involving the following:
- Defective automobile that burst into flames and killed the driver upon ignition
- Defective commercial washing machine which malfunctioned and caused the amputation of a hand
- Tire failure
- Defectively designed sharp bolt on a diving board which severely scarred a young boy
- Defective mechanism for opening an automatic door
- Defective mechanism on a garage door which caused the amputation of a finger
- Defective firearms
- Failure of the mechanism of a trailer hitch which caused trailer and towing vehicle to separate and severely injure a nearby pedestrian
- Failure of a device which secured a bulldozer to a trailer resulting in multiple fractures
- Seat back failure which resulted in quadriplegia
Our defective product attorneys have considerable experience in locating and hiring the best experts in the fields of Engineering, Safety, and Human Factors to testify on our client’s behalf. These experts can explain to a layperson how a defective product caused our client’s injuries.
When you need a defective products lawyer, choose a Virginia law firm with proven results in personal injury cases. We have eight office locations throughout Virginia in Richmond, Chesterfield, Mechanicsville, Short Pump, Petersburg, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg and Garrisonville.
If your injuries are so severe that you are unable to travel we can even come to you. The Allen Law Firm is one of Virginia’s oldest and largest personal injury firms. Our defective product lawyers are experienced and will fight for you in court. Call 866-388-1307 for a free consultation.
Call us now for a free
Do You Have a Case?
Our attorneys and staff are here to help you. If you think you may have a case contact us now.
Tenemos empleados que hablan español. Llámenos ahora para una consulta gratuita.
What Our Clients Say
Find a Location
Select one of our Virginia offices in the drop down menu for location addresses and contact information.
1809 Staples Mill Road
Richmond, VA 23230
7255 Mechanicsville Turnpike
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
|Short Pump / Glen Allen Office
11577 W. Broad Street
Henrico, VA 23233
|Chesterfield / Midlothian Office
6123 Harbourside Centre Loop
Midlothian, VA 23112
106 S. Market Street
Petersburg, VA 23803
3504 Plank Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
|Garrisonville / Stafford Office
50 Dunn Drive, Suite 105
Stafford, VA 22556
2100 Rio Hill Center
Charlottesville, VA 22901