Defective Product Lawyers
A product may be dangerous or defective for many reasons:
- the product may have a defective design, in which case the entire line of products may be hazardous to consumers
- the manufacturing process may have created individual defects in certain products, in which case the product may harm only a single person
- the product may lack a warning label that sufficiently explains the potential hazards and proper uses of the product.
If you or a family member has suffered a serious injury in an accident involving a defective product, call 866-388-1307 for a free consultation. We have offices conveniently located throughout Virginia in Richmond, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg and Petersburg.
After an injury from a defective product, you should take the following steps to help protect your rights:
- Store the product in a safe and secure place so that it remains in the same condition it was in when the accident occurred. Manufacturers commonly seek out, purchase, and destroy the defective product so there will be no evidence with which to prove your case.
- Find and store all packaging materials, instruction booklets, warranties, invoices, receipts, and other paper work that pertain to the defective product.
- Do not allow the manufacturer to take back the product, even if they say they will return it after "testing" or "examination."
- Call an experienced defective product attorney as quickly as possible after your injury. Making contact within hours or days can be the difference between winning and losing a defective product case.
The attorneys at Allen & Allen have spent decades fighting aggressively to protect the rights of their clients in defective product litigation. Our work has included cases involving the following:
- Defective automobile that burst into flames and killed the driver upon ignition
- Defective commercial washing machine which malfunctioned and caused the amputation of a hand
- Tire failure
- Defectively designed sharp bolt on a diving board which severely scarred a young boy
- Defective mechanism for opening an automatic door
- Defective mechanism on a garage door which caused the amputation of a finger
- Defective firearms
- Failure of the mechanism of a trailer hitch which caused trailer and towing vehicle to separate and severely injure a nearby pedestrian
- Failure of a device which secured a bulldozer to a trailer resulting in multiple fractures
- Seat back failure which resulted in quadriplegia
Our product liability lawyers have considerable experience in locating and hiring the best experts in the fields of Engineering, Safety, and Human Factors to testify on our client's behalf. These experts can explain to a layperson how a defective product caused our client's injuries.
When you need a lawyer, choose a law firm with proven results in personal injury cases. We have eight office locations throughout Virginia in Richmond, Chesterfield, Mechanicsville, Short Pump, Petersburg, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg and Stafford.
If your injuries are so severe that you are unable to travel we can even come to you. The Allen Law Firm is one of Virginia's oldest and largest personal injury firms. Our defective product lawyers are experienced and will fight for you in court. Call 866-388-1307 for a free consultation.