Emily Smith, a personal injury attorney practicing out of Allen & Allen’s Fredericksburg office, focuses on cases involving car, truck, or motorcycle crashes. Unafraid to work tirelessly on behalf of her clients, Emily has the reputation for distilling issues down to the most vital information. Being in the courtroom is why she wanted to become a lawyer, and she strives to fight for a fair outcome for her clients.
Prior to joining Allen & Allen, Emily was the first law clerk for Stafford County, Virginia, where she clerked for three judges. The experience gave her insight into the judicial process from both sides of the bench. Prior to her clerkship, Emily worked as a legal intern for the Richmond Public Defender Office, and later for the Chesterfield Commonwealth’s Attorney Office.
Emily received her Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Auburn University, graduating cum laude. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Richmond School of Law, graduating cum laude. There, she earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award twice. The award is given to the highest-scoring law student in each class.
Emily is originally from Auburn, Alabama, and enjoys outdoor activities, cooking, and playing golf.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2018-present)
- Law Clerk, Stafford County Circuit Court (2017 – 2018)
- Legal Intern, Chesterfield Commonwealth’s Attorney Office (2016)
- Legal Intern, Richmond Public Defender Office (2016)
- The Commonwealth of Virginia
- United States District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court Western District of Virginia
- J.D., University of Richmond School of Law (2017)
- B.A. cum laude, Political Science, Auburn University (2011)
- Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2023)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Recipient (2016 & 2017)
- Executive Board Member for the Trial Advocacy Board
- 2016 Charlotte Trial Advocacy External Competition Participant
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Student Association for the Education Rights Clinic
Why the wait? Challenges obtaining medical records and bills
When it comes to personal injury claims, medical records and bills are critical pieces of evidence that can make or break a case. Unfortunately, many people learn the hard way...
Steven from Stafford
I have a neck and back injury from a car accident, where an SUV came and smashed into me at a stoplight. I was already stopped behind another SUV in...
Felicia from Fredericksburg
Some man thought it would be a good idea to leave his dump truck stalled in the middle of the road in King George, where there are no streetlights. He...
Alexandria from Fredericksburg
There are no words to describe what a huge help Emily was to me. The story is a little bit crazy, because believe it or not, I was in three...
25 attorneys named to 2023 Virginia Super Lawyers
The Allen Law Firm is pleased to announce that 25 attorneys have been named to the 2023 Super Lawyers list. Those attorneys include Edward L. Allen, R. Clayton Allen, Jennifer...
Why driving slowly in the fast lane is a danger to us all
Driving slowly in the fast lane of a highway can cause dangerous situations for all drivers on the road. Not only does it impede the flow of traffic, but it...