Emily Smith, a personal injury attorney practicing out of Allen & Allen’s Fredericksburg office, focuses on cases involving car, truck, or motorcycle crashes. Unafraid to work tirelessly on behalf of her clients, Emily has the reputation for distilling issues down to the most vital information. Being in the courtroom is why she wanted to become a lawyer, and she strives to fight for a fair outcome for her clients.
Prior to joining Allen & Allen, Emily was the first law clerk for Stafford County, Virginia, where she clerked for three judges. The experience gave her insight into the judicial process from both sides of the bench. Prior or her clerkship, Emily worked as a legal intern for the Richmond Public Defender Office, and later for the Chesterfield Commonwealth’s Attorney Office.
Emily received her Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Auburn University, graduating cum laude. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law, graduating cum laude. There, she earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award twice. The award is given to the highest scoring law student in each class.
Emily is originally from Auburn, Alabama and enjoys outdoor activities, cooking, and playing golf.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2018-present)
- Law Clerk, Stafford County Circuit Court (2017 – 2018)
- Legal Intern, Chesterfield Commonwealth’s Attorney Office (2016)
- Legal Intern, Richmond Public Defender Office (2016)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (2017)
- B.A., Political Science, Auburn University (2011)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Recipient (2016 & 2017)
- Executive Board Member for the Trial Advocacy Board
- 2016 Charlotte Trial Advocacy External Competition Participant
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Student Association for the Education Rights Clinic
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all adjusting to a new normal in these unprecedented times, and we continue to be...
Ruthie from Fredericksburg
I was in an automobile accident where I was rear-ended. I originally called Allen & Allen because the location was convenient – I work right by their office in Fredericksburg. I wanted to start developing...
Back pain: What you need to know
Back pain is one of the most common complaints for adults worldwide. In fact, almost 65 million Americans report recently experiencing back pain, and nearly 16 million report the issue...
Soft tissue auto injuries: Distinguishing fact from fiction
In the United States, there are on average six million car crashes every year. The most common type of injury caused by these car crashes is a soft tissue injury....
Common mistakes when handling your own personal injury claim
Time and time again, I meet with clients who tried – and failed – to settle their personal injury claims. By the time these clients sit down with me, they...
Phil and Shosh from Palmyra
We contacted Allen & Allen after my wife and I were rear-ended. We almost didn’t pursue the case because our injuries were minor. We understood that it was an accident...
Dawn from Maryland
I was going home to see my mom in Virginia, who was not doing well, when the accident occurred. When I got home, I called my attorney and spoke about...