Virginia Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Injuries suffered in a motorcycle crash can be devastating. Even worse, they can result in the loss of life. The medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering associated with these accidents place a heavy burden on injured motorcyclists and their families. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of another, the motorcycle accident attorneys at Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen know how to help.
Contact the Allen Law Firm for a free consultation at 866-388-1307 or email us.
We understand the risks motorcyclists take every time they get on their bikes. Some of our motorcycle accident attorneys are experienced bikers themselves. We know that it is the responsibility of automobile and truck drivers to share the highway safely with motorcyclists. These drivers must always keep a proper lookout for motorcycles, not just other cars and trucks. This is particularly important when they enter highways from side streets and driveways, when they make left turns in front of oncoming traffic, and when they pass traffic. In these situations, motorcyclists are at higher risk for crashes with cars and trucks.
Allen, Allen, Allen and Allen’s attorneys have handled motorcycle accident cases arising out of a wide variety of circumstances. Our lawyers are experienced, not only in the courtroom, but at the negotiating table, in mediation, and in arbitration. They understand the Virginia laws enacted to protect motorcyclists and have years of experience building successful cases for motorcyclists injured through the negligence of others.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may have questions about what to do next. What can you do to help?
- Do not fix, repair or dispose of your damaged motorcycle without talking to an attorney.
- Your Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen lawyer may need your bike to help prove your case. He will want to take photographs of it. He may ask an accident reconstruction expert to examine your motorcycle and look for physical evidence which may prove fault on the part of the vehicle that struck you or ran you off the road. Occasionally a motorcycle accident happens because the motorcycle itself was defective. Unless you keep your bike in its immediate post-accident condition, your attorney may have difficulty proving a product defect.
- Keep your damaged motorcycle in a safe place.
- It is best to place the damaged bike under cover and keep it secure. The fewer people who have access to it the better. The defense may contend someone besides you altered or damaged the bike in some way after the accident. Never give the motorcycle to the vehicle manufacturer for “testing” without consulting a lawyer first.
- Keep all owners’, maintenance, and repair manuals for your motorcycle as well as all warranty documents whether or not your bike is a total loss.If anyone at the scene after the accident identifies himself to you as an eyewitness, ask for and write down identifying information.
- Occasionally a witness will approach you after an accident to render aid or tell you he saw your accident happen. If you are physically able to do so, try to get the name, address and phone number of such witnesses and save this information for your lawyer. Don’t count on the police investigators to record or keep this information. Frequently, witnesses don’t even stay at the scene until the police arrive.
If you, a relative or someone you know has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, call Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen at 866-388-1307 or contact us and let our motorcycle accident lawyers help you obtain the settlement or verdict you deserve.
We handle cases in Virginia and nationwide. We have eight convenient Virginia locations: Richmond, Mechanicsville, Petersburg, Chesterfield, Short Pump, Fredericksburg, Garrisonville and Charlottesville.
- Quick Tips for Moped Safety
- Quick Tips for Staying Safe on Your Motorcycle
- The Basics of Motorcycle Safety
Call us now for a free
Do You Have a Case?
Our attorneys and staff are here to help you. If you think you may have a case contact us now.
Tenemos empleados que hablan español. Llámenos ahora para una consulta gratuita.
What Our Clients Say
Find a Location
Select one of our Virginia offices in the drop down menu for location addresses and contact information.
1809 Staples Mill Road
Richmond, VA 23230
7255 Mechanicsville Turnpike
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
|Short Pump / Glen Allen Office
11577 W. Broad Street
Henrico, VA 23233
|Chesterfield / Midlothian Office
6123 Harbourside Centre Loop
Midlothian, VA 23112
106 S. Market Street
Petersburg, VA 23803
3504 Plank Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
|Garrisonville / Stafford Office
50 Dunn Drive, Suite 105
Stafford, VA 22556
2100 Rio Hill Center
Charlottesville, VA 22901