Paul Hux joined Allen & Allen in 1999 and brought with him a broad range of experience in personal injury cases. Since that time, he has obtained impressive courtroom results and has the confidence to go to trial rather than take an offer he does not believe is fair to his client.
Paul’s mission is to reassure clients that even though the road to recovery may be long, he is there to guide them and serve as their advocate throughout the process.
Paul is the managing trial attorney for the Chesterfield office. He specializes in cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, and premises liability. With a strong work ethic, he is dedicated to meeting the needs of every client. Paul has been listed in Virginia Super Lawyers since 2010, and he was selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers of Virginia by the National Trial Lawyers Association. Paul is among eight other Allen & Allen attorneys who have been included in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
In 2014, Paul obtained a $22 million settlement on behalf of a boy who suffered paralysis and brain injuries in a crash with a dump truck. This record-setting victory was the largest personal injury settlement in Virginia involving a motor vehicle according to Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
A native of Newport News, Virginia, Paul is the first member of his family to attend college. Married to Michelle, he is the father of three grown children – twin sons and a daughter. He is a member of the James Madison University (JMU) Alumnae group. Paul is passionate about the work of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and supports their local fundraising and outreach events.
To Paul, an ideal day includes a round of golf in the morning, and an afternoon at the lake or beach with his family. An avid tennis player, he is also a competitor and member of a United States Tennis Association tennis team. Paul and his family enjoy boating, fishing, riding jet skis, and water skiing in the summer months.
- Shareholder, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2007 – Present)
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1999 – Present)
- Attorney, Jay Tronfeld and Associates (1994 – 1999)
- Attorney, Roger McDonald and Associates (1991 – 1994)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., University of Richmond School of Law (1991)
- B.S., James Madison University (1986)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (Top 5% of Virginia Attorneys) (2010-2023)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – Virginia, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Best Lawyers: Litigation Edition 2020
- Best Lawyers in America (2021-present)
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association, Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice
- Chesterfield/Colonial Heights Bar Association
- Petersburg Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Board of Directors, Perkinson Center for the Arts and Education
- Management & Marketing Advisory Board Member, Virginia State University
Personal Injury Resources
Preparing your teen driver for the road
Just because someone has a license, it doesn’t mean they’re ready to drive. As a personal injury attorney, I have seen my fair share of terrible car accidents. As the father of...
Ten attorneys named to Best Lawyers 2024
Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen is proud to announce that eight lawyers have been included in the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers in America, a definitive guide to legal excellence....
Vision Zero: Safety innovations for hot spots
Every year, an average of 40,000 people die in car crashes on U.S. roadways. Over the past few years, the problem has only worsened. From 2020 to 2021, there was...
25 attorneys named to 2023 Virginia Super Lawyers
The Allen Law Firm is pleased to announce that 25 attorneys have been named to the 2023 Super Lawyers list. Those attorneys include Edward L. Allen, R. Clayton Allen, Jennifer...
Eight attorneys make Best Lawyers List in 2023
Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen is proud to announce that eight lawyers have been included in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in America, a definitive guide to legal excellence....
Trial by jury: How are members of a jury chosen?
Ever wonder how the seven people sitting in the jury box at a civil trial in Virginia get there? If you’ve been on a jury, you probably have some idea....