Paul Hux joined Allen & Allen in 1999 and brought with him a broad range of experience in personal injury cases. Since that time, he has obtained impressive courtroom results and has the confidence to go to trial rather than take an offer he does not believe is fair to his client.
Paul’s mission is to reassure clients that even though the road to recovery may be long, he is there to guide them and serve as their advocate throughout the process.
Paul is the managing trial attorney for the Chesterfield office. He specializes in cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, and premises liability. With a strong work ethic, he is dedicated to meeting the needs of every client. Paul has been listed in Virginia Super Lawyers since 2010, and he was selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers of Virginia by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
In 2014, Paul obtained a $22 million settlement on behalf of a boy who suffered paralysis and brain injuries in a crash with a dump truck. This record-setting victory was the largest personal injury settlement in Virginia involving a motor vehicle according to Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
A native of Newport News, Virginia, Paul is the first member of his family to attend college. Married to Michelle, he is the father of twin sons and a daughter. He is active in Woodlake United Methodist Church as well as in his children’s schools and extracurricular activities. Paul is passionate about the work of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and supports their local fundraising and outreach events.
To Paul, an ideal day includes a round of golf in the morning, and an afternoon at the lake or beach with his family. An avid tennis player, he is also a competitor and member of a United States Tennis Association tennis team. Paul and his family enjoy boating, fishing, riding jet skis, and water skiing in the summer months.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2007 – Present)
- Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1999 – 2007)
- Attorney, Jay Tronfeld and Associates (1994 – 1999)
- Attorney, Roger McDonald and Associates (1991 – 1994)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (1991)
- B.S., James Madison University (1986)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (Top 5% of Virginia Attorneys) (2010-Present)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – Virginia, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Chesterfield/Colonial Heights Bar Association
- Petersburg Bar Association
- Management & Marketing Advisory Board Member, Virginia State University
- Board Member, Chesterfield/Colonial Heights Crimesolvers
- Volunteer, YMCA Indian Guides and Indian Princesses
- Coach for youth athletic teams
Personal Injury Resources
Child Passenger Safety Week Information and Tips
During Child Passenger Safety Week (September 23-29), the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is hoping to increase awareness about car safety for children. Car crashes are the leading cause...
The Influence of Gender in Motor Vehicle Fatalities
Since the invention of motor vehicles in the 1880s, they have become a staple and a necessity in many lives. The modern and convenient transportation cars provide has allowed for...
How to Help Your New Teenage Driver Improve Their Skills and Safety
As a Virgina personal injury attorney, I have seen the after effects of many terrible car accidents. As the father of twin boys that recently received their licenses, I can’t...
Brain Injury Association of Virginia – What They Do For Our Community
March is Brain Injury Awareness Month, but the Brain Injury Association of Virginia makes raising awareness of this life-changing trauma their mission every day of the year.
Tips for Winter Storm Safety
Winter storms can quickly result in extremely dangerous weather conditions. A single storm could blanket several states in snow and ice, creating hazardous conditions and stretching emergency services to their...
MADD Tie One On for Safety Holiday Campaign and the Perks of Being a Designated Driver
Snow and ice aren’t the only dangers on the road during the holiday season. Driving under the influence of alcohol is the number one cause of car crashes that result...