Paul Hux joined Allen & Allen in 1999 and brought with him a broad range of experience in personal injury cases. Since that time, he has obtained impressive courtroom results and has the confidence to go to trial rather than take an offer he does not believe is fair to his client.
Paul’s mission is to reassure clients that even though the road to recovery may be long, he is there to guide them and serve as their advocate throughout the process.
Paul is the managing trial attorney for the Chesterfield office. He specializes in cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, and premises liability. With a strong work ethic, he is dedicated to meeting the needs of every client. Paul has been listed in Virginia Super Lawyers since 2010, and he was selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers of Virginia by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
In 2014, Paul obtained a $22 million settlement on behalf of a boy who suffered paralysis and brain injuries in a crash with a dump truck. This record-setting victory was the largest personal injury settlement in Virginia involving a motor vehicle according to Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
A native of Newport News, Virginia, Paul is the first member of his family to attend college. Married to Michelle, he is the father of three grown children – twin sons and a daughter. He is a member at Woodlake United Methodist Church, and a member of the James Madison University (JMU) Alumnae group. Paul is passionate about the work of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and supports their local fundraising and outreach events.
To Paul, an ideal day includes a round of golf in the morning, and an afternoon at the lake or beach with his family. An avid tennis player, he is also a competitor and member of a United States Tennis Association tennis team. Paul and his family enjoy boating, fishing, riding jet skis, and water skiing in the summer months.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2007 – Present)
- Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1999 – 2007)
- Attorney, Jay Tronfeld and Associates (1994 – 1999)
- Attorney, Roger McDonald and Associates (1991 – 1994)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (1991)
- B.S., James Madison University (1986)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (Top 5% of Virginia Attorneys) (2010-Present)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – Virginia, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Best Lawyers: Litigation Edition 2020
- Best Lawyers (2021-present)
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association, Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice
- Chesterfield/Colonial Heights Bar Association
- Petersburg Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Board of Directors, Perkinson Center for the Arts and Education
- Management & Marketing Advisory Board Member, Virginia State University
Personal Injury Resources
We hope this message finds you and your loved ones healthy. Our firm will continue to be mindful of the health and safety of our clients as we adapt to...
Trial by jury: How are members of a jury chosen?
Ever wonder how the seven people sitting in the jury box at a civil trial in Virginia get there? If you’ve been on a jury, you probably have some idea....
Can I make a left turn on red?
Many drivers know that it is legal to turn right while the traffic light is red, unless there is a sign expressly prohibiting it. The “turning right on red” rule...
Take only photos, leave only footprints: Increased danger in national parks
After being homebound and indoors for much of the pandemic, it’s no surprise that Americans have turned to the great outdoors to experience a sense of freedom, if not normalcy....
BMW car recall list
Below is a full and chronological list of recalls for BMW North America. Date: 5/11/21 NHTSA Recall ID number: 21V298 Issue: Front seat belt buckle assembly malfunction Make and model...
Honda and Acura car recall list
Below is a full and chronological list of car recalls from Honda and Acura. Date: 4/19/21 NHTSA Recall ID number: 21V249 Issue: Rear cushion connecting plate(s) may break Make and...
Celebrating Black-run charities for Black History Month
Over the past year, global protests for racial justice have created a groundswell of support for Black-owned businesses. Allen & Allen would also love to bring attention to Black-owned charities...