Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe you have fallen victim to a doctor’s negligence, the pain and the sense of betrayal may be overwhelming to you. You may not be sure where to begin. This is where our experienced and compassionate attorneys come in. We want to fight for you. Contact Allen & Allen to discuss your case today.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor or nurse makes an unreasonable mistake that results in an injury to you. It’s very important to understand that an injury must be sustained in order for the medical professional’s mistake to qualify as medical malpractice.
Our Medical Malpractice Team
At Allen & Allen, we have a team of lawyers dedicated to handling medical malpractice claims. This team is led by accomplished attorneys Malcom P. McConnell, III and Jason W. Konvicka. They have proven their expertise by winning numerous jury verdicts and settlements including:
- A substantial verdict in a Fredericksburg, VA court for a client whose severely swollen spinal cord went undiagnosed by his doctor. At the time this was the largest medical malpractice verdict in Virginia.
- A substantial verdict in Charlottesville, VA court for a young client who lost vision in his right eye when a nationally known pediatric ear, nose, and throat specialist at UVA allowed a resident to perform surgery without informing the patient’s mother. Allen & Allen tried the case exclusively on the issue of informed consent, arguing that a parent has the right to know who is operating on his/her child. The jury agreed.
- A substantial settlement on behalf of a family that lost a loved one due to nursing negligence in a Washington, D.C. area hospital. The lawsuit was pending in court and settled shortly before trial.
Your first step towards recovery is to contact Allen & Allen for a free medical malpractice case evaluation today. If your injuries prevent you from traveling to one of our offices across Virginia, we will come to you.
Setup Your Free Case Evaluation Today
We have experience handling a wide range of medical negligence involving a variety of medical providers, legal issues, and medical conditions, including:
- Health care professionals (doctors, nurses, surgeons, specialists, laboratories, pharmacies)
- Health care institutions (hospitals, emergency care centers, nursing homes, acute care facilities)
- Bariatric surgery
- Bile duct injury
- Birth asphyxia
- Birth injuries/defects
- Birth-related neurological injuries
- Brachial plexus injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Drug overdose
- Gastric bypass surgery (stomach stapling)
- Heart attack
- Hypoxic brain injuries
- Kidney Damage
- Plastic surgery
- Renal Disease
- Septic Shock
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injuries