Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical professionals have a duty to provide you with reasonable care. If they fail in that duty, they are negligent and have committed malpractice. A bad result, a disagreement among different doctors, or even a medical mistake does not necessarily mean malpractice has occurred - only unreasonable behavior by a physician is malpractice. Further, a claim for malpractice can be made only if the unreasonable behavior caused an injury.
The experienced team of attorneys at Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen handle personal injury cases involving the negligence of physicians, hospitals, and other health care facilities and providers.
We have experience that covers a wide range of medical negligence, legal issues, and medical conditions including:
- Health care professionals (doctors, nurses, surgeons, specialists, laboratories, pharmacies)
- Health care institutions (hospitals, emergency care centers, nursing homes, acute care facilities)
- Bariatric surgery
- Bile duct injury
- Birth asphyxia
- Birth injuries/defects
- Birth-related neurological injuries
- Brachial plexus injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Drug overdose
- Gastric bypass surgery (stomach stapling)
- Heart attack
- Hypoxic brain injuries
- Kidney Damage
- Renal Disease
- Septic Shock
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injuries
We'll work hard for you. Contact our medical malpractice team to get started with a free consultation by calling 1-866-388-1307.
In 2001, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen launched its medical malpractice group led by Malcolm P. McConnell, III and Jason W. Konvicka. Our medical malpractice lawyers have proven their expertise by winning numerous jury verdicts and settlements including:
- A substantial verdict in a Fredericksburg, Virginia court for a client whose severely swollen spinal cord went undiagnosed by his doctor. At the time this was the largest medical malpractice verdict in Virginia.
- A substantial verdict in a Charlottesville, Virginia, court for a young client who lost vision in his right eye when a nationally known pediatric ear, nose, and throat specialist at the University of Virginia Hospital allowed a resident to perform surgery without informing the patient's mother. Allen & Allen tried the case exclusively on the issue of informed consent, arguing that a parent has a right to know who is operating on his/her child. The jury agreed.
- A substantial settlement on behalf of a family that lost a loved one due to nursing negligence in a Washington, D.C. area hospital. The lawsuit was pending in federal court and settled shortly before trial.
We have multiple listings in Virginia Lawyers Weekly's annual listings of the year's highest verdicts. Click here to view some of the results we have secured on behalf of former clients.
Our experienced lawyers and staff will work hard to represent you. For a free consultation and to talk about your case, call us at 866-388-1307.
- Richmond, Chesterfield / Midlothian, Short Pump / Glen Allen and Mechanicsville
- Fredericksburg and Garrisonville
If your injuries prevent you from traveling to our office, we will come to you. The Allen Law Firm is one of Virginia's oldest and largest personal injury and medical malpractice law firms and we are here for you.