Virginia Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical professionals have a duty to provide you with reasonable care. If they fail in that duty, they are negligent and have committed malpractice. A bad result, a disagreement among different doctors, or even a medical mistake does not necessarily mean malpractice has occurred - only unreasonable behavior by a physician is malpractice. Further, a claim for malpractice can be made only if the unreasonable behavior caused an injury.
The experienced team of medical negligence attorneys at Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen handle personal injury cases involving the negligence of physicians, hospitals, and other health care facilities and providers.
The medical malpractice attorneys at Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen have experience that covers a wide range of medical negligence, legal issues, and medical conditions including:
- Health care professionals (doctors, nurses, surgeons, specialists, laboratories, pharmacies)
- Health care institutions (hospitals, emergency care centers, nursing homes, acute care facilities)
- Bariatric surgery
- Bile duct injury
- Birth asphyxia
- Birth injuries/defects
- Birth-related neurological injuries
- Brachial plexus injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Drug overdose
- Gastric bypass surgery (stomach stapling)
- Heart attack
- Hypoxic brain injuries
- Kidney Damage
- Renal Disease
- Septic Shock
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injuries
We'll work hard for you. Contact our medical malpractice team to get started with a free consultation.
In 2001, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen launched its medical malpractice group led by Malcolm P. McConnell, III and Jason W. Konvicka. Our medical malpractice lawyers have proven their expertise by winning numerous jury verdicts and settlements including:
- A substantial verdict in a Fredericksburg, Virginia court for a client whose severely swollen spinal cord went undiagnosed by his doctor. At the time this was the largest medical malpractice verdict in Virginia.
- A substantial verdict in a Charlottesville, Virginia, court for a young client who lost vision in his right eye when a nationally known pediatric ear, nose, and throat specialist at the University of Virginia Hospital allowed a resident to perform surgery without informing the patient's mother. Allen & Allen tried the case exclusively on the issue of informed consent, arguing that a parent has a right to know who is operating on his/her child. The jury agreed.
- A substantial settlement on behalf of a family that lost a loved one due to nursing negligence in a Washington, D.C. area hospital. The lawsuit was pending in federal court and settled shortly before trial.
We have multiple listings in Virginia Lawyers Weekly's annual listings of the year's highest verdicts.Click here to view some of the results we have secured on behalf of former clients.
Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers and staff will work hard to represent you. For a free consultation and to talk about your case, call us at 866-388-1307.
- Richmond, Chesterfield / Midlothian, Short Pump / Glen Allen and Mechanicsville
- Fredericksburg and Garrisonville
If your injuries prevent you from traveling to our office, we will come to you. The Allen Law Firm is one of Virginia's oldest and largest personal injury and medical malpractice law firms and we are here for you.
- 10 Things You Want To Know About Medical Malpractice - An Interview with Jason W. Konvicka (Forbes.com)
- Daily Press: $25 million malpractice verdict against Riverside to be reduced to $2 million
- $25 Million Verdict in Hampton Believed to be Largest Medical Malpractice Verdict in the History of Virginia
- Malcolm McConnell Named Lawyer of the Year - Best Lawyers 2013 Richmond Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Health Care Debate: Patients Rights to Seek Legal Recourse for Medical Negligence
- Medical Malpractice Attorney Malcolm McConnell Interviewed by TV 6 Regarding National Health Care Debate
- Patients Test Positive for HIV, Hepatitis B & Hepatitis C After Exposure in Veterans Affairs Hospitals
- Allen Law Firm Medical Malpractice Team Wins $925,000 Settlement In Child Death Case
- Editorial: Malpractice victims out of luck in Virginia
- Jury Awards Patient $3.5 Million - Gastric Bypass Blamed For Brain Injury
- 3.5 Million Medical Malpractice Verdict Upheld By Virginia Supreme Court
- 9th Largest Verdict: 3.5 Million Verdict Awarded In Medical Malpractice Gastric Bypass Case
- High court denies writ in Fredericksburg Medical Malpractice Case
- Virginia Medical Malpractice Attorney Malcolm McConnell Re-Writes Law To Protect Victims of Negligent Misdiagnosis
Call us now for a free
What Our Clients Say
Find a Location
Select one of our Virginia offices in the drop down menu for location addresses and contact information.
1809 Staples Mill Road
Richmond, VA 23230
7255 Mechanicsville Turnpike
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
|Short Pump / Glen Allen Office
11577 W. Broad Street
Henrico, VA 23233
|Chesterfield / Midlothian Office
6123 Harbourside Centre Loop
Midlothian, VA 23112
106 S. Market Street
Petersburg, VA 23803
3504 Plank Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
|Garrisonville / Stafford Office
50 Dunn Drive, Suite 105
Stafford, VA 22556
2100 Rio Hill Center
Charlottesville, VA 22901