Edward L. Allen
An extremely talented trial attorney, he has mastered the courtroom skills necessary to obtain substantial verdicts for his clients. Edward helped spearhead the firm's expansion to Northern Virginia and has been the managing partner of the Fredericksburg office since it opened in 1994. He joined the Allen & Allen personal injury law firm in 1987 after graduating from Washington and Lee University School of Law. He is proud to be one of the firm's eight attorneys to be named to Best Lawyers in America - a publication considered by many to be the preeminent guide to legal excellence in the United States. He presently serves on the Executive Committee of the law firm.
With a strong background in personal injury litigation, Edward handles cases involving car crashes, premises liability, motorcycle accidents, brain injury, medical expense and other insurance coverage disputes throughout Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Edward is proud to be a member of the Allen firm because of its strong commitment to helping injured people. He is a Past President of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, an organization which promotes the interests of personal injury victims.
- Partner and Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1987-Present)
- Responsibilities include management of the Fredericksburg, Virginia office
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Virginia, Washington, D.C. and all Federal Courts in Virginia
- B.A. Vanderbilt University (1984)
- J.D. Washington & Lee University School of Law (1987)
- Listed in Virginia Super Lawyers (2011-Present)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America (2010-Present)
- Immediate Past-President, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2012-2013)
- Member, Executive Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2005-present)
- Member, Board of Governors, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2000-present)
- Past Chairman, Young Lawyers Section, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (1993 - 1994)
- Faculty member, Virginia College of Trial Advocacy
- Board of Governors, Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Author, "The Changing Law in Medical Payments Coverage in Virginia,"
Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (1994)
- Virginia State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Public Justice15th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Member, Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc.
- Member, Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce
Edward and his wife Nancy live in Fredericksburg with their son and daughter. Edward enjoys sailing, boating and scuba diving. He is a licensed motorcycle operator.