Edward L. Allen
An extremely talented trial attorney, he has mastered the courtroom skills necessary to obtain substantial verdicts for his clients. Edward helped spearhead the firm's expansion to Northern Virginia and has been the managing partner of the Fredericksburg office since it opened in 1994. He joined the Allen & Allen personal injury law firm in 1987 after graduating from Washington and Lee University School of Law. He is proud to be one of the firm's eight attorneys to be named to Best Lawyers in America - a publication considered by many to be the preeminent guide to legal excellence in the United States.
With a strong background in personal injury litigation, Edward handles cases involving car crashes, premises liability, motorcycle accidents, brain injury, medical expense and other insurance coverage disputes throughout Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Edward is proud to be a member of the Allen firm because of its strong commitment to helping injured people. He is a Past President of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, an organization which promotes the interests of personal injury victims.
- Partner and Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1987 - Present)
Licensed to practice law:
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Claims
- J.D., Washington & Lee University School of Law (1987)
- B.A., Vanderbilt University (1984)
- Best Lawyers in America (2010 - Present)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2011 - Present)
- Past-President, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Governors, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2000 - Present)
- Member, Nominating Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2013 - Present)
- Faculty member, Virginia College of Trial Advocacy
- Member, Board of Governors, Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- President-Elect, Fredericksburg Area Bar Association.
- Author, "The Changing Law in Medical Payments Coverage in Virginia,"
Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (1994)
- Virginia State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Public Justice
- 15th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Member, Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc.
- Member, Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce
Edward and his wife Nancy live in Fredericksburg with their son and daughter. Edward enjoys sailing, boating and scuba diving. He is a licensed motorcycle operator.