George E. Allen Academic Scholarship
The George E. Allen Scholarship was created to honor the firm’s founder, George E. Allen, Sr., who overcame significant hardship to put himself through college and law school. At age twenty-five he became the youngest mayor in the history of Lunenburg County and went on to become a Virginia Senator and one of the Commonwealth’s top trial attorneys. He established one of the premier personal injury law firms in the state with his three sons.
“The Allen Law Firm is proud to offer the George E. Allen Scholarship to exceptional high school students in the communities we serve. My grandfather embodied the values of service and perseverance, and this scholarship recognizes students who demonstrate similar values. The students we honor have worked to overcome significant personal challenges, while maintaining a strong focus on academics. We are inspired and motivated by the scholarship recipients every year.” — Courtney Allen Van Winkle, Partner
15 Scholarships: $1,500 each
The Application Process
Complete the application form and submit it with a copy of your high school transcripts and/or other applicable test scores that reflect improvement and high achievement before the application deadline. In addition to these documents, applicants must submit two letters of recommendation that support the applicant’s good character. One of the letters must be provided by a teacher or guidance counselor.
Deadline: March 1, 2019
- The applicant must be a senior in high school whose plans include advanced education such as college, nursing, business, trade, technical training or another similar program.
- The applicant should demonstrate good character and high achievement despite obstacles or special challenges.
- The applicant should demonstrate academic progress during his or her four years of high school.
- The application must be completed in full. Incomplete applications and those postmarked after March 1 will not be eligible for consideration.
Ready to Apply?
- Submit via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or print and mail application to:
Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen
Attn: George E. Allen Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 6855
Richmond, VA 23230
- If you have questions, email us at email@example.com