George E. Allen Academic Scholarship
The George E. Allen Scholarship was created in 1992 to honor the firm’s founder, George E. Allen, Sr., who overcame significant hardship to put himself through college and law school. At age 29, he became the youngest mayor in the history of Lunenburg County and went on to become a Virginia Senator and one of the Commonwealth’s top trial attorneys. He established one of the premier personal injury law firms in the state with his three sons.
“The Allen Law Firm is proud to offer the George E. Allen Scholarship to exceptional high school students in the communities we serve. My grandfather embodied the values of service and perseverance, and this scholarship recognizes students who demonstrate similar values. The students we honor have worked to overcome significant personal challenges, while maintaining a strong focus on academics. We are inspired and motivated by the scholarship recipients every year.” — Courtney Allen Van Winkle, Partner
15 Scholarships: $2,000 each
The Application Process
Complete the application form and submit it with a copy of your high school transcripts and/or other applicable test scores that reflect improvement and high achievement before the application deadline. In addition to these documents, applicants must submit two letters of recommendation that support the applicant’s good character. One of the letters must be provided by a teacher or guidance counselor.
- The applicant must be a senior in a Virginia high school whose plans include advanced education through college, nursing, business, trade, technical training, or similar program. Future plans are not required to be in Virginia.
- All sections of the application must be completed in full, with all materials submitted together; incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- Application and all supporting materials must be submitted or postmarked by March 3, 2023. Submission instructions can be found on the last page of the application.
- Scholarship Application Opens – December 5, 2022
- Deadline to Submit Applications – March 3, 2023
- Scholarship Recipients Notified – April 14, 2023
The 2023 George E. Allen Academic Scholarship has closed.
Congratulations to our 2023 George E. Allen Scholarship recipients!
Check out the previous George E. Allen Scholarship recipients
- Note: While this scholarship is available to former clients, we cannot extend the scholarship to current clients.