W. Coleman Allen Jr.
Recognized as an experienced and successful trial attorney, Coleman is dedicated to achieving superior results for all of his clients in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, brain injury, airplane accidents and product liability. He passionately litigates on their behalf and is undeterred by difficult circumstances or special challenges.
With impressive skill in the courtroom, Coleman presents thoroughly prepared cases in a persuasive and articulate manner. He often takes creative and innovative approaches in order to advance his clients' causes.
While he thrives in a courtroom environment, Coleman is equally well known for his skills as an accomplished negotiator. Understanding the costs, risks and delays associated with litigation, he has distinguished himself by negotiating effectively very favorable settlements for his clients. Whether in the courtroom or through negotiation, he strives to achieve the best result he can for his clients.
Coleman promotes great professionalism and legal expertise by actively and eagerly sharing his knowledge and skills with his colleagues, both inside the law firm and with the bar generally. He often leads seminars and panels to instruct and facilitate discussions focusing on personal injury practice, insurance and trial advocacy.
In the strong tradition of his father and grandfather before him, Coleman recognizes the importance of working closely with local, state and federal politicians to maintain and improve rights for personal injury victims. He understands the critical importance of ensuring the rights of others throughout all government systems and branches.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1980 - Present)
- President, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1999 - 2006)
- J.D., University of Virginia (1980)
- M.B.A., University of Virginia (1980)
- B.A., Yale University (1976)
- Best Lawyers in America ( 1995 - Present)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2006 - 2013, 2015 - Present)
- Leaders in the Law, Virginia Lawyers Weekly (2009)
- The Professor W. McKinley Smiley, Jr. Lighthouse Award Winner (2008)
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in Richmond, Richmond Magazine (1999)
- Former President, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (1996 - 1997)
- Past Chairman of Continuing Legal Education for lawyers, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Founding Fellow and former President, Southern Trial Lawyers Association (1999 - 2000)
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, Roscoe Pound Foundation
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Named by Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia to mandatory professional ethics program faculty (1992 - 1995)
- Member, Boyd-Graves Conference
- Recipient, Patrick Henry Award for steadfast devotion to the just and sound government of the commonwealth
- Faculty, Masters of Advocacy Seminar, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Sources of Coverage: Insurance Coverage for Personal Injury Actions in Virginia
5th Edition November 2003, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Brain Injury Association of Virginia