Trent S. Kerns
Trent currently serves as President of the Allen Law Firm. With almost 30 years of experience, he is an accomplished advocate in the courtroom. Trent is equally skilled at negotiating cases and is especially adept at timing settlement discussions to maximize his clients' monetary recoveries. Throughout his legal career, Trent has earned a reputation for successfully handling difficult liability cases. When he joined Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen in 1992, Trent brought with him substantial experience handling personal injury cases and traffic offenses. He focuses his practice on catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases including car accidents, truck accidents and motorcycle accidents.
At Mercer University School of Law, Trent qualified for the National Moot Court competition and served as President of Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity.
- President, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2012 - Present)
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1992 - Present)
- Partner, Purcell, Cherry, Kerns and Abady (1984 - 1992)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- B.A. Hampden-Sydney College (1980)
- J.D. Mercer University School of Law (1984)
- Past - President, Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Inn of Court
- Past - President, Young Lawyers Section, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (1988)
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Chesterfield Bar Association
- Former Board Member, Virginia Arthritis Foundation
While work requires him to be a "landlubber", in his free time Trent enjoys water sports, including fishing and boating along the Rappahannock River. He and his wife, Katherine, have two children.