P. Christopher Guedri
A take-charge lawyer, Chris's forceful personality compliments his formidable litigation and negotiating skills. He brings to every case his strong intellect, innate sense of practicality, and his burning desire to win. His legal achievements for clients include many courtroom victories, but he is as able to search creatively for ways to settle cases as he is to prepare and try cases that cannot be settled. Chris was named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America for 2014-2015 in the Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs category in Richmond, VA.
Chris' ability to master complex technical, scientific, and medical information has made him a strong adversary in the broad range of personal injury cases he has handled over the last 30 years. His adversaries frequently offer premium settlements rather than engage him in a courtroom battle.
Among the highlights of Chris' career are two very substantial verdicts in Virginia wrongful death cases. In 2016, Chris and partner Jason Konvicka obtained a $42 million settlement for three men who were seriously burned and the family of one man who was killed as a result of a workplace explosion. This recovery is believed to be one of the largest personal injury settlements in Virginia for the year. In 2014, Chris obtained a $22 million settlement on behalf of a boy who suffered paralysis and brain injuries in a crash with a dump truck. This record setting settlement appears to be the largest personal injury settlement in Virginia involving vehicular accidents according to Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
Chris' superior legal instincts and calm persistence have benefited his clients and been recognized by his colleagues. The Best Lawyers in America has included Chris on its list of best personal injury lawyers in Richmond for over 15 years. In September 2008, he was inducted as a Fellow of the prestigious International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Since joining Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen in 1991, Chris has focused his practice primarily on catastrophic injuries and wrongful death cases including trucking accidents, product liability, bus accident cases and brain injury litigation.
In 2004, the Richmond Times-Dispatch profiled Chris and described his legal expertise in an article entitled Law Firm's Gamble Paying Off Big.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1991 - Present)
- Partner, Browder, Russell, Morris & Butcher (1982 - 1990)
- Attorney, Wells, Axselle, Hundley & Johnson (1979 - 1982)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (1979)
- B.A., Economics, University of Virginia (1976)
- "Lawyer of the Year" Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs in Richmond, VA by Best Lawyers in America (2015)
- Best Lawyers in America (1995 - Present)
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers (2008)
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2006 - 2009, 2013 - 2017)
- Virginia Super Lawyers: Top 50 (2006, 2008, 2009)
- Legal Elite - Civil Litigation, Virginia Business Magazine (2005, 2008, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Member, University of Richmond Law School, Law Review (1978-1979)
- Member, Editorial Board, University of Richmond Law School, Law Review, and recipient of the Outstanding Editor Award
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Attorneys
- Brain Injury Association of Virginia
An avid golfer and sailor, Chris and his wife, Cheryl, live in Richmond, Virginia, and have one son.