Personal Injury Law Firm Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen Celebrates 100 Year Anniversary
Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen History
In 1910, George E. Allen opened the doors of his new law firm across the street from the Lunenburg County Courthouse. He represented a diverse clientele including criminal defendants, bank depositors, elected officials, and ordinary citizens injured through the negligence of others.
After more than 20 years as a sole practitioner, Mr. Allen moved both his family and his law firm to Richmond in 1931 where he was joined in practice by his son George E. Allen, Jr. in 1935. Shortly after World War II, Mr. Allen's two younger sons, Ashby and Wilbur, passed the bar and began to practice law with their father and brother.
In 1951, the firm of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen decided to limit its practice to plaintiff's personal injury litigation. Since that time, other attorneys, including a third generation of Allen family members, have joined the Allen Law Firm. Each one has aspired to uphold the guiding principle of the firm's founder, "that we find our lives in spending them in the service of others."
The photographic collage below commemorates a century of our firm's history. It illustrates through photographs, newspaper articles, awards, and firm publications our attorneys' many achievements and their commitment to client service and legal excellence. It also demonstrates our firm members' dedication to community involvement and leadership in bar activities.
Click on any of the images below to enlarge the image and learn more about Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen's distinguished history.