George E. Allen Academic Scholarship Program
Through its high school scholarship program, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen celebrates the life of its founder George E. Allen, Sr. A native Virginian from Lunenburg County, George Allen overcame many challenges in his early life. He put himself through college and law school and went on to found Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen, one of the premier personal injury law firms in Virginia and in the country. In his honor, the firm awards 15 scholarships each year, in the amount of $1,500 each, to Virginia high school seniors who have overcome adversity and who show significant academic promise.
"The Allen Law Firm is proud to offer the George E. Allen Scholarship to exceptional high school students in the communities we serve. My grandfather embodied the values of service and perseverance, and this scholarship recognizes students who demonstrate similar values. The students we honor have worked to overcome significant personal challenges, while maintaining a strong focus on academics. We are inspired and motivated by the scholarship recipients every year.”
— Courtney Allen Van Winkle, Partner
- The applicant must be a senior in high school whose plans include advanced education such as college, nursing, business, trade, technical training or other similar program.
- The applicant should demonstrate good character and high achievement despite obstacles or special challenges.
- The applicant should demonstrate academic progress during his or her four years of high school.
- High school transcripts and/or other applicable test scores that reflect improvement and high achievement should be furnished with the application.
- The applicant should be of good character as described by two letters of recommendation. At least one of the letters must be provided by a teacher or guidance counselor.
- The application must be completed in full. Incomplete applications and those postmarked after March 1 will not be eligible for consideration.