This year the personal injury law firm of Allen & Allen received over 430 scholarship applications. From those, fifteen winners from all over the Commonwealth of Virginia shined through and were awarded the George E. Allen Scholarship. On May 11, 2010, Allen & Allen presented the fifteen deserving high school seniors with a $1,500 college scholarship at an awards dinner. The firm’s Scholarship Program recognizes students who have overcome unusual obstacles or special challenges, while achieving high standards of community service and academic performance.
“These young adults have faced more challenge and adversity in their young lives than many do in a life time,” said Doug Barry, Allen Law Firm president. “It is inspirational to hear their stories and help in facilitating these amazing students to accomplish their dreams.” At the awards dinner, Mr. Barry encouraged the scholarship recipients to continue to reach for their goals, to thank those who have helped them along the way and to remember to give back and help others in the future.
- Selma Avdic, Henrico, VA – D.S. Freeman High School
- Gabriella Balasa, Henrico, VA – J.R. Tucker High School
- Matthew Cook, Lignum, VA – Eastern View High School
- Liam Cornwall, Culpeper, VA – Eastern View High School
- Amanda Demarre, Stafford, VA – North Stafford High School
- Ezekiel Jalloh, Richmond, VA – Hermitage High School
- Kelley Lott, Marshall, VA – Fauquier High School
- Keegan Lynch, Williamsburg, VA – A Beka Academy
- Michael Mosczczynski, Jr., Spotsylvania, VA – Randolph-Macon Military Academy
- Hannah Neifert, Palmyra, VA – Fluvanna High School
- Tiffany Talbott, Powhatan, VA – Powhatan High School
- Noelle Turley, Amherst, VA – Nelson County High School
- Mackenzie Anne Warren, Midlothian, VA – Midlothian High School
- Thomas Wise, Colonial Heights, VA – Colonial Heights High School
- Jessica Woodruff, Emporia, VA – Greensville County High School
Now in its nineteenth year, the George E. Allen Scholarship was created to honor the firm’s founder, George E. Allen, Sr., who overcame significant hardship to put himself through college and law school. He went on to become one of the Commonwealth’s top trial attorneys and established one of the premier personal injury law firms in the state. For more information about this and how to apply next year, visit https://www.allenandallen.com/scholarships.html.