Whereas car accidents are dangerous, crashes involving large trucks or tractor-trailers are often catastrophic – even deadly. Victims often have questions about how they will be able to pay their medical bills and support their families during their recovery. At Allen & Allen, we understand that this can be a difficult and frustrating time. Our team of experienced attorneys is dedicated to helping you through these hardships.
What should I do if I was involved in a tractor-trailer accident?
According to Virginia law, if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident due to the recklessness or negligence of someone else, you may be entitled to monetary damages. For example, you may be compensated for:
- Current or future medical costs
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Lost wages
- Loss of economic opportunities
- Funeral expenses
Should I speak to the insurance companies that call me after an accident?
Insurance companies often reach out the day after an accident in order to receive a recorded statement. You are not legally obligated to give the insurance companies a statement. Doing so may harm you in the settlement process, as your statement may be used against you. These insurance representatives are highly trained, aiming to be friendly, but manipulating the conversation to deflect fault.
You can contact an attorney at Allen & Allen to discuss your situation. Protect yourself before you speak to any representatives from insurance companies. Our attorneys are equipped with the skills to help:
- Recover damages
- Seek uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage and medical payments coverage from your own insurance company
- Negotiate an adequate settlement offer for damages
- Collect evidence needed for your claim
Tractor-trailer accidents should be handled by experienced attorneys with the required skills to ensure that you are not taken advantage of by trucking companies. They will use their resources to protect their own interests. In many cases, these companies will immediately send out investigators to crash sites, gathering evidence that supports their side of the story.
The aftermath of an accident can be very confusing and stressful. Refer to our Glove Compartment Quick Reference Guide to help navigate the proper course of action immediately following a collision. Our website also contains a guide titled “What Should I Do at the Scene of a Car or Truck Accident?” These resources were made by our personal injury lawyers in order to help protect you.
Why choose the Richmond office of Allen & Allen?
Our attorneys have over 700 years of experience in dealing with various big rig cases. For over 110 years, Allen & Allen has helped victims that have suffered a wide range of injuries, from broken bones to traumatic brain injuries. We are dedicated to protecting our clients over the course of their recovery. We strive to ensure that our clients receive fair treatment and the compensation they are owed.
Tractor-trailer case results from our Richmond lawyers
- Attorney Jason Konvicka obtained $22 million on behalf of a client for a crash involving a dump truck that left a 12-year-old boy with a permanent brain injury.
- Attorney R. Clayton Allen obtained $1,250,000 on behalf of a 78-year-old woman who was killed during a collision involving a tractor-trailer that ran through a red light.
- Attorney P. Christopher Guedri obtained $23 million on behalf of a tractor-trailer driver who lost his leg and sustained a severe brain injury after rear-ending another rig.
Virginia office locations
Tractor Trailer Accident Resources
- What should I do at an accident scene? – FAQs and the steps you should take
- Responsibilities of truck drivers in hazardous weather – The necessary steps to protect others on the road if you are a tractor-trailer driver
- Seven tips for sharing the road with trucks – Tips for ensuring your personal safety on the road
Our Richmond attorneys
Allen & Allen’s Richmond location boasts more than 20 attorneys with almost 300 years of combined experience. Our team of Richmond attorneys feature some of the most highly ranked lawyers in the state, including:
- Edward L. Allen
- Parker E. Allen
- R. Clayton Allen
- R. Lee Appleton
- Jennifer G. Capocelli
- Ashley T. Davis
- David J. Douthit
- Scott D. Fitzgerald
- Abbigale E. Bricker
- P. Christopher Guedri
- D. Bradley Kent, Jr.
- Trent S. Kerns
- James M. Kessel
- Jason W. Konvicka
- Malcolm P. McConnell, III
- Robert C. T. Reed
- Christopher J. Toepp
- Courtney Allen Van Winkle
- Derrick L. Walker
- Courtney L. Winston
Other Practice Areas
- Aviation Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Foodborne Illness
- Impaired Driving
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Toxic Exposure
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Zantac Cancer
- 3M Defective Earplugs