In Richmond, there are on average over 5,000 car accidents and 20 crash fatalities every year. For months or even years after a collision, the resulting injuries can change your world as you know it, leading to frustration and uncertainty about the future.
Under Virginia law, you may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured in a car crash through the recklessness or negligence of another driver. Damages may include reimbursement or compensation for:
- Future medical costs
- Past medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of economic opportunity
- Funeral expenses
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
What Should I Do in the Event of a Car Accident in Richmond?
Most insurance companies will contact you as early as the day after the crash to try to obtain a recorded statement about your injuries and your accident. Before speaking with any insurance representatives, you can protect yourself by reaching out to Allen & Allen to discuss your situation.
You are under no legal obligation to provide insurance companies a statement, and if you do, it may be used against you during the settlement process. If you have a case, our experienced Richmond lawyers can help you:
- Obtain a fair settlement offer for damages through negotiation.
- Collect evidence may need to be presented to protect your claim to appropriate financial compensation for your injuries.
- Pursue uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage and medical payments coverage from your own insurance company.
- Recover damages you are entitled to from the negligent driver’s insurance company.
The circumstances behind every car wreck are different, but one fact holds true — the time immediately following the crash can be disorienting. Our convenient Glove Compartment Quick Reference Guide will help you navigate the steps to take after an accident.
Why Choose Allen & Allen?
The Richmond attorneys at Allen & Allen have more than 600 years of combined experience with car accident cases. Through our 110-year history, we have handled complex and devastating automobile accident cases. Victims have sustained injuries that have ranged from broken bones to traumatic brain injuries.
Case results from some of Richmond’s best car accident attorneys
- Attorneys Jason Konvicka and Scott Fitzgerald secured $604,219 for a car crash, in which the plaintiff required surgery, having a permanent plate and screws inserted.
- Attorney Derrick Walker secured $450,000 for a car wreck, in which the plaintiff endured multiple surgeries and had to change their line of work.
- Attorney Courtney Van Winkle secured $125,000 for a car accident, for which the victim required surgeries and an extended time away from work.
Richmond Charities We Partner With
- Vets on Track Foundation: Focuses on homeless veterans, ensuring that all are housed and that the dwellings are furnished and comfortable – they received a donation via our giving initiative Allen & Allen Cares: Helping Our Heroes
- Sober Ride Home: Providing free rides on New Year’s Eve, to reduce drunk driving incidents in Richmond
- George E. Allen Academic Scholarship: Allen & Allen accepts nominations and votes for high school seniors who have overcome hardships. Winners from Richmond and other locations receive a scholarship and are invited to join the firm for a celebratory dinner.
- Legal Food Frenzy: The Richmond office, as well as our other locations, raise money and collect non-perishables for local food banks
- Hometown Heroes: Allen & Allen takes nominations and votes for people (in Richmond and beyond) that make Virginia a better place to live, work and play.
Office Locations for Car Accident Cases
Car Accident Resources
- What About My Car? – How to deal with car damage after an accident
- Should I Use My Health Insurance? – What to do in the case that the accident was not your fault
- What Steps Should I Take After a Car Accident? – FAQs
About our Richmond location
Located in the heart of Central Virginia, the Richmond headquarters of Allen & Allen is convenient to Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital, Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital, CJW Medical Center, Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, and VCU Medical Center.
Our Richmond office is one block east of the Shops at Willow Lawn and near the convergence of I-64, I-95, and I-195. Free on-site parking is available.
Why choose the car accident lawyers Richmond trusts the most at Allen & Allen?
Our Richmond attorneys are known for their aggressive advocacy and their compassionate approach to helping our plaintiffs. Our aim is to settle your case out of court; but if the insurance company’s “best” offer isn’t sufficient, a trial will be necessary to secure the compensation you deserve.
We are the only personal injury firm that features an in-house team of investigators and medical consultants. They research cases and secure the facts.
We can help you:
- Know your rights for collecting from a negligent party’s insurance company
- Collect uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage and medical payments coverage from your own insurance company, if it applies.
- Collect any evidence you may need in order to collect optimum financial compensation.
- Obtain a fair settlement offer for damages via negotiation.
Our Richmond car accident attorneys
The Richmond, Virginia car accident attorneys at Allen & Allen have nearly 300 years of combined experience with personal injury and medical malpractice cases. Our team of Richmond attorneys include:
Edward L. Allen
Parker E. Allen
R. Lee Appleton
Jennifer G. Capocelli
Ashley T. Davis
David J. Douthit
Scott D. Fitzgerald
Abbigale E. Bricker
P. Christopher Guedri
D. Bradley Kent, Jr.
Trent S. Kerns
James M. Kessel
Jason W. Konvicka
Malcolm P. McConnell, III
Irvine L. Reaves
Robert C. T. Reed
Christopher J. Toepp
Courtney Allen Van Winkle
Derrick L. Walker
Your initial meeting is free
We will treat you with dignity, answer any questions, and provide a fair assessment of your case at no cost to you.
Working with a local Richmond lawyer is ideal, as you will want to meet in person. With seven locations, there’s an Allen & Allen law firm close to where you live or work, making it easier for you and your loved ones. If you are in a hospital or rehab facility, we’ll come to you. Your consultation is free, and your details will remain confidential.
Other Practice Areas
- Aviation Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Foodborne Illness
- Impaired Driving
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Toxic Exposure
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Zantac Cancer
- 3M Defective Earplugs