In 2020, there were nearly 500 car accidents in Charlottesville alone, resulting in nearly 300 injuries and 6 deaths. The injuries caused by a car accident can lead to months or even years of frustration and uncertainty about the future, changing your life completely.
Under Virginia law, if you have been hurt in a car accident through the negligence or recklessness of another driver, you may be entitled to compensation. Damages may include reimbursement or compensation for:
- Past medical costs
- Future medical costs
- Funeral expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of economic opportunity
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
What should I do in the event of a car accident in Charlottesville?
If you’ve been in a car accident in Charlottesville, the other driver’s insurance company will contact crash victims, even as early as the day after the car accident. Insurance companies will try to obtain a recorded statement about the events of the accident, and information regarding your injuries.
Before you speak with a representative from an insurance company, you should protect yourself by calling Allen & Allen to discuss the situation. There is no legal obligation to provide a statement to insurance companies. If you choose to provide information, it may end up being used against you during the settlement process. If you do have a case, our experienced Charlottesville car accident lawyers can help you:
- Collect the kind of evidence that may need to be presented in order to protect your claim and secure the appropriate compensation for your car accident injuries
- Receive uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage and any medical payments coverage necessary from your own insurance company
- Negotiate a fair settlement offer for damages received as a result of the car accident
- Recover damages that you are entitled to from the negligent motorist’s insurance company
While the circumstances behind every car accident vary, often the time immediately following a crash is disorienting. Download our convenient Glove Compartment Quick Reference Guide to help you navigate the steps you should take following a car accident.
Why choose Allen & Allen?
The Charlottesville car accident lawyers at Allen & Allen have extensive experience with car accident cases. Through our 110-years of serving Virginia, we have handled devastating and complex car accident cases. We’ve helped victims who have sustained injuries, from broken bones to traumatic brain injuries.
Case result from an Allen & Allen Charlottesville car accident lawyer
Attorney David Irvine secured $300,000 for a car accident case, in which the plaintiff suffered a spinal injury that worsened over time. The defense tried to argue that a pre-existing condition was to blame and that the plaintiff was contributorily negligent. In arbitration, however, the plaintiff was awarded past and future medical expenses, including pain and suffering.
Car accident resources
- What About My Car? – How to deal with car damage after an accident
- Should I Use My Health Insurance? – What to do in the case that the accident was not your fault
- What Steps Should I Take After a Car Accident? – FAQs
Why choose the Charlottesville office of Allen & Allen?
Our Charlottesville car accident lawyers are known for their passionate advocacy and caring approach to helping our plaintiffs. We aim to settle each car accident case outside of court; but if we find that the insurance company’s “best” offer is insufficient, we will go to trial in order to secure the compensation we know you deserve. And if we do go to trial, we will be by your side every step of the way.
We are the only personal injury law firm in Charlottesville that features an in-house team of medical consultants and investigators. Our team will research your car accident case and secure the facts, in order to best prepare for your case.
We can help you:
- Collect any evidence you may need in order to collect optimum financial compensation
- Obtain a fair settlement offer for damages via negotiation
- Know your rights as a Virginia motorist for collecting from a negligent driver’s insurance company
- Collect medical payments coverage from your own insurance company and uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, if it applies
Our Charlottesville Car Accident Lawyers
The Charlottevsille, Virginia car accident attorneys at Allen & Allen have almost 300 combined years of experience with personal injury and car accident cases. Our team of Richmond attorneys include:
About our Charlottesville location
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Charlottesville branch of Allen & Allen is convenient to the University of Virginia Medical Center, Martha Jefferson Hospital, and Augusta Medical Center.
The Charlottesville office is located off of Preston and 10th Avenues, less than three miles from I-64. Free parking is available to the left of the building if you are looking at it from Grady Avenue.
Free Consultation for your Car Accident Case
We will answer any questions you have, always treat you with dignity, and make sure to provide a fair assessment of your car accident case, all at no cost to you.
Working with a local Charlottesville lawyer is ideal. Allen & Allen has seven offices, so there’s a law firm close to you, making it easier for you and your loved ones to travel from home or work. If you are hurt or recovering in a hospital or rehab facility, we’ll come to meet you. Your consultation is always free, and your details will always remain confidential.
Charlottesville charities we partner with
- Hometown Heroes: Allen & Allen takes nominations and votes for people (in Charlottesville and beyond) that make Virginia a better place to live, work and play, celebrating them in the media and hosting a party in their honor.
- Legal Food Frenzy: The Charlottesville office, as well as our other locations, raise money and collect non-perishables for local food banks.
- All Blessings Flow collects, cleans, refurbishes, and redistributes medical equipment free of charge to those in need in Charlottesville, Albemarle, and surrounding counties. They received a donation from the Allen & Allen Cares: Helping Our Heroes giving initiative.
- George E. Allen Academic Scholarship: Allen & Allen accepts nominations for dedicated high school seniors who have worked to overcome hardships. Winners from Charlottesville and other locations are invited to join the firm for a dinner in celebration, and most importantly, receive an academic scholarship for their achievements.
Office locations for car accident cases
Other Practice Areas
- Aviation Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Foodborne Illness
- Impaired Driving
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Toxic Exposure
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- 3M Defective Earplugs