George E. Allen Scholarship – Presented by the Personal Injury Law Firm of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen
On May 10, 2011, fifteen deserving Virginia high school seniors, chosen from almost 500 applicants, were awarded the Beca George E. Allen by the personal injury law firm of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen.
The awards dinner took place at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond, VA. Now in its twentieth year, the law firm’s Scholarship Program recognizes students who have overcome unusual obstacles or special challenges, while achieving high standards of community service and academic performance.
- Dallas Banks of Franklin County High School – Planning to attend the College of William and Mary
- Robin “Wes” Bartell of Gloucester High School – Planning to attend Christopher Newport
- Nathan Bullock of the VA School of the Deaf and Blind – Planning to attend Liberty University
- Dylan Cooper of Luray High School – Planning to attend Virginia Tech
- Cheyanna Early of Douglas Freeman High School – Planning to attend University of Mary Washington
- Dylan Franklin of Jamestown High School – Planning to attend Virginia Tech
- Russell Hill of Stonewall Jackson High School – Planning to attend Universal Technical Institute
- Sarah Igbal of Colonial Heights High School – Planning to attend James Madison University
- Ashley Jurney of Louisa County High School – Planning to attend Piedmont Community College
- Khanh Le of Douglas Freeman High School – Planning to attend J. Sergeant Reynolds
- Danielle Schuler of James Monroe High School – Planning to attend University of North Carolina Asheville
- Rodwin Spruel of Chancellor High School – Planning to attend Liberty University
- Paige Tinnell of Powhatan High School – Planning to attend George Mason University
- Denise Tormey of Patrick Henry High School – Planning to University of Mary Washington
“We are all inspired by the drive and determination demonstrated by these young adults in the face of great challenges,” said Doug Barry, Allen Law Firm president. “These students have overcome more in their short tenure than many do in a lifetime. We are honored and humbled to help these amazing students to accomplish their dreams.”
Celebrating 20 years of helping students achieve their continuing education dreams, the George E. Allen Scholarship was created to honor the firm’s founder, George E. Allen, Sr., who overcame significant hardship to put himself through college and law school. He went on to become one of the Commonwealth’s top trial attorneys and established one of the premier personal injury law firms in the state. For more information about this and how to apply next year, visita nuestra página de becas.
(From left to right) Sitting down: Khanh Le, Denise Tormey, Miriam Iqbal, Danielle Schuler, Paige Tinnell, Cheyanna Early, and Douglas Barry. Standing: David Williams, Jason Konvicka, Gayle Bragg, Bill Bootwright, Ashley Jurney, Chris Cloude, Bob Mertig, Dylan Cooper, Charles Allen, Rodwin Spruel, Melinda South, Nathan Bullock, Clayton Allen, Russell Hill, Paul Hux, Dylan Franklin, Dallas Banks, Trent Kerns, and Chris Meyer.