Author: Chris Cloude, Claims Consultant
There are many things to consider when searching for a car. Style, performance and safety are often the three factors given the most attention. Teen drivers put more emphasis on style and performance than do their parents when searching for their first vehicle. But as a parent, there are some additional important considerations to keep in mind when trying to decide on the right vehicle for your teenager.
Teen drivers are more likely to be involucrado en un accidente than any other age group. Among teen drivers, the risk of a car crash is much higher during the first year a teenager is able to drive. Although nothing can prevent an inexperienced driver from having an accident, certain vehicle safety features can help protect your teen driver if an accident does occur, and some vehicle safety features can help prevent an accident. If you are searching for a car for your teen driver here are some factors you should consider:
- Think safe, affordable and versatile
- In general, bigger, heavier vehicles perform better in crash tests.
- All wheel drive vehicles can make teens feel too secure and lead to driving too fast in adverse conditions.
- Advanced safety features can help, such as stability control and anti-lock brakes.
- Consider the newest vehicle within your price range for young drivers because newer cars generally have more safety features
Car safety reviews such as those in Consumer Reports and the Insurance Institute are a great resource for evaluating vehicle safety features and provide information on vehicle stability. Many organizations, like Consumer Reports and Kelly Blue Book, also publish lists of the safest cars for teen drivers.
Sobre el Autor: Chris Cloude es consultor de reclamaciones en el Abogados de lesiones Fredericksburg de Allen & Allen. Chris trabaja con Abogado de accidentes automovilísticos Fredericksburg Edward Allen para ayudar a los clientes con sus Reclamaciones por lesiones por accidentes automovilísticos en Stafford, Garrisonville, Fredericksburg and the surrounding areas.?