Tara Tighe is a personal injury attorney in the Fredericksburg and Stafford offices of Allen & Allen. She has significant litigation experience in both jury and bench trials, and her strong desire to help others led her to become an attorney who fights for the rights of injured individuals. She strives to give every client the guidance and legal protection they need after an accident.
Tara’s practice is focused exclusively on personal injury cases including car and motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, dog bites and chases, medical malpractice, slip and falls, mold inhalation and exposure, and wrongful death. Tara is fluent in Spanish, and focuses on working with her Spanish-speaking clients to make the personal injury process easier to understand.
Hard working and thorough, Tara thrives on the negotiation process. Her tenacity aids her in dealing with the insurance companies and when arguing her case in the courtroom. With her extensive legal background and oral advocacy skills, she is able to explain challenging legal concepts to juries and help them understand what her clients have endured.
Tara grew up in New York City and attended Hunter College High School, a secondary school for intellectually gifted and talented students. She graduated magna cum laude from Tufts University with a Bachelor of Arts in History, Spanish and Economics. Tara received her J.D. from George Washington University Law School, where she was a Presidential Merit Scholar, receiving a full academic scholarship. She was also an active and accomplished competitor on the Moot Court Team.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen, P.C. (2015 – Present)
- Litigation Associate, Cohen & Cohen, P.C. (2013 – 2015)
- Law Clerk, P.K. Hammar Legal, P.C. (2012 – 2013)
- Legal Intern, United States Department of State – Embassy Madrid (2012)
- Legal Intern, National Archives and Records Administration – Controlled Unclassified Information Office (2011)
- Licensed to practice law in Commonwealth of Virginia, District of Columbia, Maryland
- U. S. District Court – Eastern District of Virginia
- U. S. District Court – District of Maryland
- J.D., George Washington University Law School (2013)
- B.A., History, Spanish and Economics, Tufts University, magna cum laude (2010)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (2008 – 2009)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Association of Justice
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Hispanic Bar Association of Virginia
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- American eDiscovery Institute, “Takeaways from Advanced eDiscovery Institute Motions Practice” (2017)
- Volunteer Speaker at the Woodbridge Senior Center
- Tufts University Alumni Association
- Alpha Omicron Pi, Women’s Fraternity
Personal Injury Resources
How Out-Of-State Car Insurance Affects Your Claim
As a Virginia-based personal injury firm, many of our clients live and work in Virginia. But we also represent many clients who live in other states, who were injured while...
Is My Child’s Toy Making Him Sick?
Parents and caregivers understand how vital it is to clean anything and everything that goes into a child’s mouth. The importance of keeping toys clean and sanitized for babies is...
Do I Really Need Motorcycle Insurance?
The short answer is YES! Motorcyclists are some of the most vulnerable people on the road. Unlike a passenger in a car, a motorcyclist doesn’t have a lot to protect...
Authorities Question Accuracy of Zika Virus Testing
One of the biggest news stories during the summer of 2016 was the outbreak of the Zika virus. The alarming spread of the virus was followed closely by international travelers...
The Discovery Process in Personal Injury Cases
For those who are not familiar with litigation, the process of taking legal action may seem mysterious. Many of us have heard the term “discovery” on TV shows, but what...
Signs and Symptoms of Mold Exposure
We all know that where there’s smoke, there’s fire. But did you know that where there’s water, there’s mold? Water can get into your home many different ways. A burst...