Tara Tighe is a personal injury attorney in the Fredericksburg and Stafford offices of Allen & Allen. She has significant litigation experience in both jury and bench trials, and her strong desire to help others led her to become an attorney who fights for the rights of injured individuals. She strives to give every client the guidance and legal protection they need after an accident.
Tara’s practice is focused exclusively on personal injury cases including car and motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, dog bites and chases, medical malpractice, slip and falls, mold inhalation and exposure, and wrongful death. Tara is fluent in Spanish, and focuses on working with her Spanish-speaking clients to make the personal injury process easier to understand.
Hard working and thorough, Tara thrives on the negotiation process. Her tenacity aids her in dealing with the insurance companies and when arguing her case in the courtroom. With her extensive legal background and oral advocacy skills, she is able to explain challenging legal concepts to juries and help them understand what her clients have endured.
Tara grew up in New York City and attended Hunter College High School, a secondary school for intellectually gifted and talented students. She graduated magna cum laude from Tufts University with a Bachelor of Arts in History, Spanish and Economics. Tara received her J.D. from George Washington University Law School, where she was a Presidential Merit Scholar, receiving a full academic scholarship. She was also an active and accomplished competitor on the Moot Court Team.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen, P.C. (2015 – Present)
- Litigation Associate, Cohen & Cohen, P.C. (2013 – 2015)
- Law Clerk, P.K. Hammar Legal, P.C. (2012 – 2013)
- Legal Intern, United States Department of State – Embassy Madrid (2012)
- Legal Intern, National Archives and Records Administration – Controlled Unclassified Information Office (2011)
- Licensed to practice law in
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- U. S. District Court – Eastern District of Virginia
- U. S. District Court – District of Maryland
- J.D., George Washington University Law School (2013)
- B.A., History, Spanish and Economics, Tufts University, magna cum laude (2010)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (2008 – 2009)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Association of Justice
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Hispanic Bar Association of Virginia
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- American Association of Justice, Annual Convention, “Boosting the Value of Your Claim with Consumer Protection Claims” (2019)
- VTLA Advanced Auto Retreat, “Thinking Outside the Box: Electronic Evidence Available Outside of the Vehicle” (2018)
- American eDiscovery Institute, “Takeaways from Advanced eDiscovery Institute Motions Practice” (2017)
- Volunteer Speaker at the Woodbridge Senior Center
- Tufts University Alumni Association
- Alpha Omicron Pi, Women’s Fraternity
Personal Injury Resources
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all still adjusting to the new normal, and we continue to be mindful of the...
If my child gets hurt on a field trip, can I recover for their medical bills?
One of the things I love most about living in Virginia is all the historical and unique places for our children to visit. We hope that our children will be...
My spouse caused my car accident. Do I have to sue them?
We often get calls from people who were injured when the driver of their vehicle caused a car accident. Sometimes it’s a taxi or Lyft driver. Sometimes it’s your own...
How to choose a doctor
Choosing a doctor can be a difficult and stressful process. If you have health insurance, you probably want to choose someone that your health insurance will cover. A great place...
Glenny from Glen Allen
While out to dinner with my husband, I bit into a rock in my food. It chipped my tooth and I was in so much pain. I had to go...
Tips and tech for a safe Halloween
As we get to the end of October, it’s time for pumpkin patches, all things spooky and dressing up to go trick-or-treating. Whether in a car or on foot, we...
How Out-Of-State Car Insurance Affects Your Claim
As a Virginia-based personal injury firm, many of our clients live and work in Virginia. But we also represent many clients who live in other states, who were injured while...