Ryan practices in Allen & Allen’s Mechanicsville, VA office and serves clients throughout Virginia. He is driven by his desire to help people and is motivated to fight for those who suffer because of someone else’s actions.
Always having the client’s best interest in mind, Ryan is known for his ability to get claims settled quickly while maximizing the recovery for his clients. His ability to connect with and relate to others has helped him achieve success in the courtroom. Ryan’s client-first approach makes his clients comfortable throughout the process.
Ryan attended Essex County High School and received his Bachelor of Arts in History, graduating magna cum laude from the University of Mary Washington. Ryan attended T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond, receiving his Juris Doctor magna cum laude.
Ryan always looks for ways to give back to the communities he serves. He has sponsored a number of dinners for local sports teams, including Highland Springs and Essex County High School football teams, Hanover High School girls’ tennis, and Mechanicsville Major Boys Little League Team.
Ryan comes from a large family and is one of seven children. He enjoys sporting activities and played football, basketball, and baseball while in high school, and was a member of the 1999 Essex State Championship baseball team. He continues to be very active in intramural sports and plays basketball, football, softball and golf in local leagues.
Ryan lives with his wife, Gwen, and their son in the Richmond area.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2014 – Present)
- Trial Attorney, Marks & Harrison (2010 – 2014)
- Law Clerk, Henrico County Circuit Court, Henrico County, Virginia (2009 – 2010)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Richard Taylor, Richmond Circuit Court, Richmond, Virginia (2008)
- Criminal Division Assistant, Mississippi Attorney General, Jackson Mississippi (2007)
- Licensed to practice law in Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, magna cum laude (2009)
- Mississippi College School of Law (2006 – 2007)
- B.A., History, University of Mary Washington, magna cum laude (2005)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Henrico Bar Association
- Hanover Bar Association
- Ryan presents to Volunteer Rescue Squads in the Richmond and Northern Neck area regarding the laws, regulations, and their duties.
- $427,000 Settlement for a woman who rear ended a stopped Tractor Trailer.
- $247,500 Settlement for a woman who suffered an injury to her knee.
- $200,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered an injury to her hip
- $86,000 Settlement for a man from Warsaw with two nondisplaced rib fractures and only $7,500 in medical bills.
- $53,000 Verdict for a woman in Chesterfield County who was rear ended on a top offer of $16,500.
- $67,000 verdict in King William County for a woman with a knee sprain and top offer before trial of $43,000.
- $51,000 Verdict Henrico County for a Hanover County firefighter who suffered a back sprain and the top offer was $22,802.
- $31,000 Verdict in Hanover County where the woman had less than $3,000 in medical bills and a top offer of $17,500.
Personal Injury Resources
Why are Car Crashes in Virginia Becoming More Frequent?
Many Virginians have noticed a steady increase in their auto insurance rates the past few years even though they have made no claims. While not directly a result of your...
Will this accident affect my insurance premium?
One of the most frequent questions I receive from new clients is, “how will this accident affect my insurance premium?” If the accident was not the client’s fault, then the...
Can a Personal Injury Claim Be Affected by the Outcome of a Traffic Court Hearing?
Personal injury clients often have questions about what a hearing in traffic court means to their case. Whether the client or the other driver is facing the charge in traffic...
Phyllis from Irvington, VA
Ryan is a very hard-working guy. I really felt reassured that he was working to protect my best interests. I also want to give five stars to Carolyn, who is...
Ryan from Mechanicsville, VA
At first, I tried to deal with the insurance company on my own, but I wasn’t getting anywhere. I asked a friend for advice, and I was referred to Ryan...
Five Things That Affect How Long Your Personal Injury Case Takes
My clients frequently ask me how long it will take to settle a personal injury case. While there is no straightforward or simple answer, there are five main factors that...