Ryan practices in Allen & Allen’s Mechanicsville, VA office and serves clients throughout Virginia. He is driven by his desire to help people and is motivated to fight for those who suffer because of someone else’s actions.
Always having the client’s best interest in mind, Ryan is known for his ability to get claims settled quickly while maximizing the recovery for his clients. His ability to connect with and relate to others has helped him achieve success in the courtroom. Ryan’s client-first approach makes his clients comfortable throughout the process.
Ryan attended Essex County High School and received his Bachelor of Arts in History, graduating magna cum laude from the University of Mary Washington. Ryan attended T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond, receiving his Juris Doctor magna cum laude.
Ryan always looks for ways to give back to the communities he serves. He has sponsored a number of dinners for local sports teams, including Highland Springs and Essex County High School football teams, Hanover High School girls’ tennis, and Mechanicsville Major Boys Little League Team.
Ryan comes from a large family and is one of seven children. He enjoys sporting activities and played football, basketball, and baseball while in high school, and was a member of the 1999 Essex State Championship baseball team. He continues to be very active in intramural sports and plays basketball, football, softball and golf in local leagues.
Ryan lives with his wife Gwen (who is also an attorney), their son Cooper, and daughter Meredith in the Richmond area.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2014 – Present)
- Trial Attorney, Marks & Harrison (2010 – 2014)
- Law Clerk, Henrico County Circuit Court, Henrico County, Virginia (2009 – 2010)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Richard Taylor, Richmond Circuit Court, Richmond, Virginia (2008)
- Criminal Division Assistant, Mississippi Attorney General, Jackson Mississippi (2007)
- Licensed to practice law in Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, magna cum laude (2009)
- Mississippi College School of Law (2006 – 2007)
- B.A., History, University of Mary Washington, magna cum laude (2005)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Henrico Bar Association
- Hanover Bar Association
- Northern Neck Bar Association
- Ryan presents to Volunteer Rescue Squads in the Richmond and Northern Neck area regarding the laws, regulations, and their duties.
- $525,000 settlement for a client injured in a head on collision in New Kent County
- $450,000 settlement for a truck driver in his premise claim against a company
- $400,000 settlement for a client who suffered a hip injury in Henrico County
- $300,000 settlement for a client injured in a motor vehicle collision in Virginia Beach
- $126,000 verdict in the City of Richmond for a client injured in a car collision, top offer before trial was $50,000
- $75,000 verdict in Louisa County for a client injured in a car collision, there was no offer before trial
- $67,000 verdict in King William County for a client with a knee sprain, top offer before trial was $43,000
- $51,000 verdict in Henrico County for a Hanover County firefighter who suffered a back sprain and the top offer was $22,802
Personal Injury Resources
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all adjusting to a new normal in these unprecedented times, and we continue to be...
Bicycling safely, or not at all
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, gyms and fitness centers throughout the country have closed, or are operating at a limited capacity. This has forced gym-goers to find other ways to...
What happens when you don’t obey the Move Over law
It was a case that made the news. When Henrico County police officer Mark Lantz pulled onto the shoulder of I-64 to help with a vehicle collision, he was struck...
Phone down, it’s the law in Virginia
A recent car accident involving Tiger Woods is making headlines, and the current investigation believes that distracted driving may be to blame. Unfortunately, it is common on Virginia roads to...
A truck driver’s responsibility in hazardous weather
Winter is here, and inclement weather comes with it. Snow, sleet, or other wintery conditions make it harder for all vehicles to maneuver or stop, but tractor-trailers are especially affected....
Car Crash – $42,415.36
Attorney Ryan E. Wind nearly tripled an insurance company’s offer in a bench trial for a car collision. On December 8, 2017, the Plaintiff was rear-ended while stopped on Staples...
Judith from Sandston
My husband had used Ryan Wind in a previous case and was very happy, so we called him again after my accident. Ryan is very personable, professional, concerned for your...