Clayton Allen is seasoned litigator known for his perseverance, tenacity, and attention to detail. An attorney in the Richmond office, Clayton represents clients who have experienced car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and brain injuries. With more than 30 years of experience at Allen & Allen, Clayton appreciates the trust that his clients place in him and strives to exceed their expectations. He is devoted to helping clients through the process of resolving their claim and takes great satisfaction in relieving their stress and worry by working as a steadfast advocate on their behalf.
After graduating from Yale University with honors, Clayton completed a joint degree program at the University of Virginia and received both his law degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. While working as an attorney with his family’s firm, he served as host of a local live television show, “The Allen Law Line,” a program that discussed legal and community issues each week. He has also served as editor of the Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen Blog.
As a Board Member of the International Hospital for Children, Clayton works with the organization to provide health care to children in other countries. Clayton has traveled to Guatemala and spent a week assisting in the operating room, as a layperson, while neurosurgeons performed spinal surgeries.
A resident of Goochland County, Virginia, Clayton is the father of four boys and loves fishing with them in the Chesapeake Bay. His hobbies include gardening, skiing, videography, reading, traveling, and cooking. During summers while in college, Clayton worked as a painter, gardener, park ranger, and security guard.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1983-Present)
- Intern, Attorney General’s Office of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Task Force member, Office of Management and Budget in the Executive Office of the President, Washington, D.C., during the first year of President Ronald Reagan’s first term
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law (1983)
- M.B.A., University of Virginia Darden School of Business, Dean’s Recommendation (1983)
- B.A., Economics, Yale University, cum laude (1979)
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2019)
- Former Chairman, Young Lawyers Section, Richmond Bar Association
- Founding Member, National Civil Justice Foundation
- Virginia State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Board Member, International Hospital for Children (2004-Present)
- Board Member, Preserve at Deerfield Property Owner’s Association (2004-Present); President (2005-2007)
- Board Member, Richmond Soap Box Derby Foundation (2001-Present)
Personal Injury Resources
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all still adjusting to the new normal, and we continue to be mindful of the...
How Long Will It Take to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
How long will it take to settle your personal injury case? At the risk of sounding like a “lawyer answer,” the truth is that it depends. But we can give...
Mercedes recall list
Below is a full and chronological list of Mercedes recalls. Date: 5/3/21 NHTSA Recall ID number: 21V288 Issue: Water intrusion from AC drain hose may cause short Make and model...
Virginia Negligence Laws: Definitions and Examples
The basis of all tort law is negligence. But let’s back up: generally, a tort is any wrongdoing (not arising from a contract) for which you can bring an action...
Contributory negligence in Virginia: What you need to know
It’s often been said, and with good reason, that the contributory negligence defense is “an insurance company’s dream” and plaintiff’s “worst nightmare.” What is contributory negligence? Contributory negligence is the...
Allen & Allen honors 2020 Virginia Teacher of the Year
Andrea Carson Johnson, a 12th grade English teacher at Salem High School, has been selected as the 2020 Virginia Teacher of the Year. Johnson is one of eight Virginia Regional...
Mechanicsville Office Directions
Locating Mechanicsville’s New Office at 6509 Mechanicsville Turnpike 6509 Mechanicsville Turnpike, Suite F Phone: (804) 746-4900/ (800) 298-7577 From Richmond: Take 64 East to 95 North. Merge onto I-295 South....