Clayton Allen is seasoned litigator known for his perseverance, tenacity, and attention to detail. He currently manages the firm’s Mechanicville office and represents clients who have experienced car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and brain injuries. With more than 30 years of experience at Allen & Allen, Clayton appreciates the trust that his clients place in him and strives to exceed their expectations. He is devoted to helping clients through the process of resolving their claim and takes great satisfaction in relieving their stress and worry by working as a steadfast advocate on their behalf.
After graduating from Yale University with honors, Clayton completed a joint degree program at the University of Virginia and received both his law degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. While working as an attorney with his family’s firm, he served as host of a local live television show, “The Allen Law Line,” a program that discussed legal and community issues each week. He has also served as editor of the Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen Blog.
As a Board Member of the International Hospital for Children, Clayton works with the organization to provide health care to children in other countries. Clayton has traveled to Guatemala and spent a week assisting in the operating room, as a layperson, while neurosurgeons performed spinal surgeries.
A resident of Goochland County, Virginia, Clayton is the father of four boys and loves fishing with them in the Chesapeake Bay. His hobbies include gardening, skiing, videography, reading, traveling, and cooking. During summers while in college, Clayton worked as a painter, gardener, park ranger, and security guard.
- Partner and Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1983-Present)
- Intern, Attorney General’s Office of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Task Force member, Office of Management and Budget in the Executive Office of the President, Washington, D.C., during the first year of President Ronald Reagan’s first term
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law (1983)
- M.B.A., University of Virginia Darden School of Business, Dean’s Recommendation (1983)
- B.A., Economics, Yale University, cum laude (1979)
- Former Chairman, Young Lawyers Section, Richmond Bar Association
- Founding Member, National Civil Justice Foundation
- Virginia State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Board Member, International Hospital for Children (2004-Present)
- Board Member, Preserve at Deerfield Property Owner’s Association (2004-Present); President (2005-2007)
- Board Member, Richmond Soap Box Derby Foundation (2001-Present)
Personal Injury Resources
Mechanicsville Office Directions
Locating Mechanicsville Office During Construction Due to road work around our Mechanicsville office, your GPS might not take you the best way to our office parking. Once you arrive near...
Stay Safe When You Run – Jogger Safety Tips
The weather is welcoming once again and more of us are taking to the streets to get more exercise. Jogging and running are great workouts, but it is important to...
Fire Extinguisher Recall Affects Millions
Kidde, the world’s largest manufacturer of fire safety equipment, issued a recall in early November, 2017 that includes 37.8 million fire extinguishers with plastic handles or plastic push-buttons manufactured between...
The Truth About Auto Safety
Most people believe that if a dangerous safety issue is found with an automobile or other motor vehicle, the manufacturer will take immediate action to notify its customers. Unfortunately, this...
Educating Teen Drivers and Their Parents During Teen Driver Safety Week
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teen drivers ages 15 to 19. In 2015, there were 2,333 teen drivers involved in fatal crashes and an estimated...
Ray from Mechanicsville, VA
Clayton and his legal assistant, Denise, at the Mechanicsville office assisted me in my suit. I couldn’t have asked for nicer people to work with. Anytime I needed them or...