An attorney in the Richmond office, Kathryn brings 25 years of legal experience to the Allen Law Firm. She specializes in research and writing for complex personal injury cases. Kathryn has an extensive background in handling cases, having resolved more than 1300 cases and tried over 100 throughout her career.
Before joining Allen & Allen, Kathryn served as Deputy Bar Counsel with the Virginia State Bar, enforcing the rule of professional conduct to protect the public and uphold the ethical standards of the profession. “I identify with Allen & Allen’s mission of helping people,” says Kathryn of her role at the firm. “Allen & Allen is known for upholding very high ethical standards in professionalism and civility, and that’s very important to me.”
Throughout her career, Kathryn has also worked as an attorney at various law firms in Virginia and Arizona, specializing in personal injury, medical malpractice, and nursing home cases. With a background also as a defense lawyer, Kathryn has valuable insight into how insurance companies and their litigators handle personal injury claims.
Kathryn earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia School of Law, and her Bachelors from the University of Virginia. In addition to her work, Kathryn enjoys attending her children’s sporting events.
- Deputy Bar Counsel, Virginia State Bar (2011-2019)
- Assistant Bar Counsel, Virginia State Bar (2003-2011)
- Associate, McGuireWoods (1998-2003)
- Associate, O’Connor, Cavanagh, Anderson, Killingsworth & Beshears (1996-1997)
Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia, Arizona
- Juris Doctor, University of Virginia School of Law (1996)
- Bachelor of Arts with High Distinction in Distinguished Majors Program, University of Virginia (1993)
- Supreme Court of Arizona (1996)
- Supreme Court of Virginia (1998)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (1998)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (1998)
- United States Supreme Court (2006)
- Sunday school teacher, Redeemer Episcopal and St. James’s Episcopal Church (2010-2016)
- President, St. James’s Episcopal Church Episcopalian Church Women (2007-2009)
- Board of Directors, Richmond Meals on Wheels, 1999-2004 (Secretary 2002-2003)
- Bar exam grader, Virginia Board of Bar Examiners (1998-2001)
- Pro Bono Housing and Hotline volunteer, Central Virginia Legal Aid Society (1998-2000)