Jennifer G. Capocelli serves as the resident workers’ compensation authority at Allen & Allen, working out of the Richmond office. With more than 25 years of experience representing employers and their insurance companies in workers’ compensation cases, Jennifer provides valuable insight into how insurance companies handle and evaluate claims. Jennifer now eagerly puts that insight to work helping people who have been injured on the job.
Before joining the Allen Law Firm, Jennifer served as a Senior Trial Attorney at Hanover Insurance Group where she handled and litigated complex workers’ compensation cases involving permanent and total disability cases, brain injury cases and death cases.
Over the years, Jennifer has spoken to a variety of groups on workers’ compensation issues, and regularly conducted training seminars. She has handled numerous workers’ compensation cases at both the evidentiary and appellate level.
Jennifer is a proud VCU Ram. She graduated magna cum laude from Virginia Commonwealth University, where she earned her B.A. in Psychology. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Kentucky College of Law.
In her spare time, Jennifer enjoys distance running, having completed more than 10 marathons, cycling, and spending time with her family. She is the mother of three and lives in Moseley, Virginia with her husband.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2019 – Present)
- Senior Trial Attorney, Hanover Insurance Group (2014-2019)
- Trial Attorney, CNA Insurance Group (1996-2014)
- Associate Attorney, Sands, Anderson, Marks & Miller (1994-1996)
Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Juris Doctor, The University of Kentucky (1993)
- B.A. in Psychology, magna cum laude, Virginia Commonwealth University (1990)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court