David Sturm joined Allen & Allen in 2019 and works in the Fredericksburg office. He brings 20 years of litigation experience to Allen & Allen in Virginia and Maryland state and federal courts, and has handled a wide array of complex, high-stakes personal injury cases, including those involving product liability, toxic tort, mass tort, and traumatic brain injury. For many years, David defended cases for large corporations and insurance companies and is well versed in the strategies implemented by those companies in evaluating and defending claims and lawsuits.
David was moved to represent plaintiffs after representing a minor who suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of a car accident. After striking the defense’s medical expert, David was able to obtain a life-altering settlement for his client at mediation. “The experience of fighting for a minor, who suffered a serious brain injury, and successfully obtaining justice for the young man was life-altering for the young man, and also for me – that was more rewarding than anything I had done as a defense attorney,” says David.
David is proud to be among the seven attorneys at Allen & Allen named to Best Lawyers in America, a publication considered by many to be the preeminent guide to legal excellence in the United States. David also holds the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell, “AV Preeminent”.
David holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and German Language and Literature from James Madison University. He earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Notre Dame Law School in 1999. At Notre Dame, he was a member of the Journal of College and University Law.
When he is not in the office, David enjoys spending time with his daughter and getting outdoors. He enjoys mountain biking and trail running, scuba diving (including a shark dive), and has recently become a Certified Sommelier.
- Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen, P.C. (2019 – Present)
- Managing Partner, TaddeoSturm PLC (2007 – 2019)
- Partner, LeClairRyan PLLC (2004 – 2007)
- Associate Attorney, Morris & Morris P.C. (2000 – 2004)
Licensed to practice in the:
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- State of Maryland
- United State District Courts for Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia; Maryland; and Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and Fourth Circuit
- Juris Doctor, University of Notre Dame Law School (1999)
- Bachelor of Arts in History and German Language and Literature, James Madison University (1993)
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell (2010 – Present)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2018 – Present)
- Lawyers of Distinction (2017 – Present)
- America’s Most Honored Professionals – Top 1 percent, The American Registry (2016 – Present)
- Top Rated Lawyer, ALM Legal Leaders (2014 – Present)
- “Issues During Construction,” the Fundamentals of Construction Law Seminar, Richmond, Virginia
- “Fly Ash Litigation in Virginia”
We hope this message finds you well and your family and friends healthy. We are all adjusting to a new normal in these unprecedented times, and we continue to be...
Two E. coli Outbreaks Resulting From Contaminated Romaine Lettuce: What You Need to Know
As a result of two recent Escherichia coli (E. coli) O157:H7 infection outbreaks, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued two recent Food Safety Alerts relating to the...