Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen National Scholarship
In addition to our annual George E. Allen scholarship program, Allen & Allen is proud to announce a new, nationwide scholarship for current postsecondary students. With two awards presented each year, this national scholarship aims to provide an opportunity for students across the country to successfully pursue their academic ambitions.
Problem solving and helping your community are meaningful traits to develop at any stage in your education. For this scholarship, we are focused on addressing an issue that is becoming an increasing problem for young drivers. We would like you to help us make a difference by raising awareness about how teenagers as new drivers can be safe drivers.
Motor vehicle crashes due to distracted driving are the leading cause of death among teens and young adults. In our technological age, young people are increasingly consumed with social media’s instant notifications, messages, and distractions. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 71% of young people say they have sent a text while driving.
A 2016 report issued by Common Sense Media found that half of all young people feel they are addicted to their devices. “Likes”, comments, and shares are equated with meaningful peer acceptance and have a powerful hold over self-esteem and decision-making in teens and young adults. This makes for a complex problem, one without a simple solution. How will you help address it?
1st Place Scholarship: $1,500
2nd Place Scholarship: $1,000
The Application Process
Create an engaging and informational original video. It can be documentary style, a PSA, scripted drama, or your own unique approach. The final video should be 2-3 minutes in duration, highlighting how to be a safe driver in a world of technology and instant communication.
Deadline: February 21, 2018
- The applicant must be a student currently enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year university or college, or advanced education such as nursing, business, trade, technical training or other similar program.
- Only one video per applicant is permitted and it must be an original video. Plagiarized images, videos, scripts, or dialogue will be automatically disqualified.
- Applicants must include a cover letter with their name, address, phone number, email address, name and address of their school, and a 100-200 word bio about themselves.
- A copy of your most recent transcript, and/or current proof of enrollment must be furnished with the application.
- The applicant may not be an employee or immediate family member of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen.
- By submitting this application, the applicant agrees to release of copyright and use of content for media purposes.
- Additional rules and regulations may apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Ready to Apply?
- Please upload your cover letter and video file to this page or email your cover letter and video file to email@example.com by February 19, 2018. Winners will be announced by March 30, 2018.