George E. Allen Academic Scholarship Program
Accepting Applications for the 2018 Scholarship. Deadline is March 1
George E. Allen Academic Scholarship Program Through its high school scholarship program, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen celebrates the life of its founder George E. Allen. A native Virginian from Lunenburg County, George Allen overcame many challenges in his early life. He put himself through college and law school and went on to found Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen, one of the premier personal injury law firms in Virginia and in the country. In his honor, the firm awards 15 scholarships each year, in the amount of $1,500 each, to Virginia high school seniors who have overcome adversity and who show significant academic promise.
"I was born 20 years after the close of the war between the states, when the South was prostrate. My people had lost practically everything. They had to start life anew. I was left a motherless child. I had to borrow money to educate myself. I commenced the practice of law in debt." — George E. Allen, Sr., Founder of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen
Deadline: March 1
Scholarship candidates must mail a completed application and supporting materials to Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen on or before March 1 of each year.
- The applicant must be a senior in high school, whose plans include advanced education such as college, trade school, technical training or another similar program.
- The applicant should demonstrate good character and high achievement despite obstacles or special challenges.
- The applicant should demonstrate sustained academic excellence or a significant positive academic trend during his or her four years of high school.
- High school transcripts, and/or other applicable test scores which reflect improvement and high achievement should be furnished with the application.
- The applicant should be of good character as described by two letters of recommendation. At least one of the letters must be provided by a teacher or guidance counselor.
- The application must be completed in full. Incomplete applications and those postmarked after March 1 will not be eligible for consideration.
How to Apply
- Click here to download the scholarship application
- Complete and send application to:
Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen
P.O. Box 6855
Richmond, VA 23230
- Questions: Contact Allen & Allen at 1-866-388-1307.
"The Allen Law Firm is proud to honor my grandfather's legacy of service to others by recognizing exceptional high school students who have overcome substantial challenges to achieve academic excellence while, at the same time, setting an example for their peers of perseverance and personal commitment to high standards."
— Elizabeth M. Allen, Retired Partner