R. Clayton Allen
Clayton, a seasoned litigator who has successfully handled all types of personal injury cases, has been with the firm for more than 30 years. He manages the firm's Mechanicville office. He is known for the perseverance, tenacity, and attention to detail that only the most persistent of counsel can provide. He is highly respected for his meticulous research and legal analysis. He has expertise in personal injury litigation, including substantial courtroom experience. He has also participated in numerous mediations and arbitrations in a variety of cases. Clayton has spent his entire legal career with Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen, where he is known for negotiating settlements with difficult insurance companies and for handling complex cases.
Weekly for almost two years, Clayton served as host of a local live television show, "The Allen Law Line," which discussed legal and community issues. He has also served as the editor of the Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen Law Blog.
Clayton enjoys being part of the Allen personal injury law firm with its team of experienced attorneys and well-trained staff members whose joint mission is to obtain an excellent result for each client in every case.
- Partner and trial attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (1983-Present)
- Intern, Attorney General's Office of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Task Force member, Office of Management and Budget in the Executive Office of the President, Washington, D.C., during the first year of President Ronald Reagan's first term
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Virginia
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law (1983)
- M.B.A., University of Virginia School of Business Administration, Dean's Recommendation (1983)
- B.A., Economics, Yale University, cum laude (1979)
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Former Chairman, Young Lawyers Section, Richmond Bar Association
- Founding Member, National Civil Justice Foundation
- Virginia State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Board Member, International Hospital for Children (2004-Present)
- Board Member, Preserve at Deerfield Property Owner's Association (2004-Present); President (2005-2007)
- Board Member, Richmond Soap Box Derby Foundation (2001-Present)
Clayton, a resident of Goochland County, Virginia is the father of three boys and loves fishing with them in the Chesapeake Bay. Each of his sons is actively involved in sports and plays a musical instrument; they all love to read.
As a Board Member of the International Hospital for Children, Clayton works with the organization to provide health care to children in other countries. Several years ago, Clayton traveled to Guatemala and spent a week assisting in the operating room, as a layperson, while neurosurgeons performed spinal surgeries. Without the help of the International Hospital, many of these children would either die young or have a very poor quality of life.
Clayton's hobbies include gardening, skiing, videography, reading, traveling, and cooking. During summers while in college, Clayton worked as a painter, gardener, park ranger and security guard.