R. Christopher Jones
Chris Jones is a personal injury attorney in the Richmond, VA office of Allen & Allen. He has over ten years of litigation experience and has tried thousands of jury and bench trials. He became an attorney to stand up for victims who were injured or killed through senseless acts. Knowing his clients may be going through the most difficult time in their lives inspires Chris to be a zealous advocate for them.
Chris’s practice is focused exclusively on personal injury cases, including car and motorcycle accidents. Competitive by nature, Chris thrives in negotiations. This aids him both in discussions with the insurance companies and in the courtroom. His background in education enhances his ability to explain complex concepts to juries and help them understand what his clients have endured.
Chris grew up in Williamsburg, VA and attended Bruton High School. He graduated from James Madison University with a Bachelor of Arts in History and a minor in Secondary Education. Prior to attending law school, Chris taught at Grafton High School where he also coached basketball. Chris received his Juris Doctor from the T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond. Chris spent almost ten years as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for the City of Richmond before joining the Allen Law Firm.
Chris is a tireless advocate for driver safety. As part of his commitment to reduce and prevent distracted driving, he educates high school students and community groups by teaching End DD (End Distracted Driving) presentations.
- Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2015 - Present)
- Supervising Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney - Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney - Richmond, Virginia (2003 - 2005) (2007 - 2014)
- Trial Attorney - Johnson Jones, LLP (2005 - 2007)
- Legal Intern - GE Financial Assurance (2001 - 2002)
- Clinical Intern - University of Richmond Mental Disabilities Law Clinic (2001)
- Summer Legal Intern - Dominion Virginia Power (2000)
- World History Teacher - Grafton High School (1998 - 1999)
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (2002)
- B.A., James Madison University (1998)
- Richmond Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Old Dominion Bar Association
Chris and his wife, Vanessa, live in Midlothian, VA. He has three daughters. He enjoys traveling with his family, playing basketball and working out.