2016 Allen & Allen HOMETOWN HEROES; Winner & Celebration Announcement by Virginia law firm
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
The personal injury law firm of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen has announced the winners of the 2016 Allen & Allen Hometown Heroes award. The award, which was introduced in 2010 to honor the firm’s centennial anniversary, recognizes the positive impact of local individuals who give back to their community.
“Allen & Allen admires the bravery, dedication, and hard work of the people across Virginia who value the act of giving,” said Trent Kerns, President of Allen & Allen. "Service to others, no matter the size of the gesture or good deed, connects each of us back to a basic human value. We can all find a way to make a difference."
The Allen & Allen HOMETOWN HEROES award is the firm's way of honoring Virginians doing good things for others. "Allen & Allen was founded on service over a hundred years ago and we draw strength from others who are committed to building a better Commonwealth, the real heroes," said Kerns.
Nominations for the 2016 Allen & Allen HOMETOWN HEROES award were accepted from April 18, 2016 to May 16, 2016. The public was asked to complete a nomination form in honor of a local hero responsible for generating positive and measurable change in the community. The law firm has honored more than 350 individuals as HOMETOWN HEROES over the last six years.
The selected Hometown Heroes provide inspiration to Allen & Allen. They are parents, playwrights, teachers, nurses, first responders, animal advocates, veterans, and small business owners. Each of the local individuals selected represents a unique and inspiring story of giving, either on a large scale or through small everyday acts of kindness. To read about each of the Hometown Heroes, visit www.allenandallen.com/hometown-heroes.
The winning 2016 Allen & Allen Hometown Heroes are:
- Nathalia Artus - Richmond
- Shawna Banks - Charlottesville
- Dawn Beninghove - Henrico
- Bubby Bish - Colonial Heights
- Robert Bishop - North Garden
- John Burruss - Charlottesville
- Julie and Chris Carden - Chesterfield
- Tom Connaughton - Charlottesville
- Judson Cotterman III - Kent's Store
- Sherri Ferraro - Palmyra
- Grace Gallagher - Richmond
- Louise Gallagher - Charlottesville
- Tee Hanible - Fredericksburg
- Cody Jackson - Troy
- Ann Kutz - Glen Allen
- Heidi Lohr - Madison
- Susan Lozano - Scottsville
- Frank J. Matthews - Stafford
- Kari Miller - Charlottesville
- Walter Murphy - Richmond
- Stacey Norris - Ruckersville
- Timmy Nguyen - Richmond
- Edward Peeples - Richmond
- Nick Peterson - Fredericksburg
- Jordan Rasure - Fredericksburg
- Susan Seay - Richmond
- Tom David Siebert - Richmond
- Dr. Wally Smith - Richmond
- James Spurlock Jr. - Front Royal
- Beth Ayn Stansfield - Chesterfield
- Celia Tetlow - Richmond
- Gary Weiner - Richmond
- Teresa Williams - Chesterfield
- Shirley Workman - Pratts
The 2016 Allen & Allen Hometown Heroes will be honored at a series of concerts and events taking place in Richmond and Charlottesville. The law firm invites the community to come out and celebrate these extraordinary individuals.
July 22, 2016
(Afro-Peruvian World Rhythms)
Fridays After Five
July 28-30, 2016
National Football League Training Camp
August 10, 2016
Flying Squirrels vs Trenton Thunder Baseball Game
* The 2016 Hometown Heroes will be recognized on stage after the opening act.
About the Firm: Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen is the oldest and largest law firm in Virginia limiting its practice to personal injury. In business for over 100 years, the firm currently has more than 25 attorneys who handle wrongful death cases and personal injury cases involving motor vehicle accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, brain injury, medical malpractice, product liability and more. Allen & Allen has eight offices located throughout Virginia in Richmond, Petersburg, Fredericksburg, Mechanicsville, Short Pump, Chesterfield County, Garrisonville, and Charlottesville.