John G. "Jack" Berry
Jack Berry is the managing partner of Allen & Allen's Charlottesville office. He is an experienced trial attorney, dedicated to protecting the rights of his clients in all areas of personal injury law including car accidents, tractor trailer accidents, brain injury, motorcycle accidents and wrongful death. His legal career spans over 30 years of courtroom experience focused on criminal and civil trials, including personal injury cases.
Mr. Berry was born in Charlottesville and raised in Madison County, Virginia. He graduated magna cum laude from Washington and Lee University in 1976 and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He attended law school at the University of Virginia, graduating and then joining the Bar in 1979. Before joining Allen & Allen, Berry practiced law as a trial attorney in Central Virginia for almost 30 years.
Mr. Berry was elected by his peers to represent the 16th Circuit as a member of the Bar Council, the governing body of the Virginia State Bar, from 2000 to 2006. He served on the 7th District Ethics Committee of the Virginia State Bar from 1999 to 2005, including a term as Chairman.
- Partner & Trial Attorney, Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (2012 – Present)
- Partner & Trial Attorney, Berry & Early (1984 – 2008)
- John G. Berry, Attorney at Law (1982 – 1984)
- Associate Attorney, Puryear, Chandler & Early (1979 – 1982)
- Licensed to Practice Law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Virginia
- U. S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law (1979)
- B.A., magna cum laude, Washington and Lee University (1976)
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Virginia Super Lawyers (2016 - Present)
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Professionalism Course Faculty Member (2008 - 2010)
- Board Member, Virginia Law Foundation (2002 - 2005)
- Virginia State Bar Council, 16th Judicial Circuit (2000 - 2006)
- 7th District Ethics Committee, Virginia State Bar (1999 - 2005)
- Vice Chairman (2001 - 2002)
- Chairman (2002 - 2003)
- Member, Madison County School Board (1984 - 1992)
- Member and President, Board of Directors, Madison County Library (1990 - 1992)
- Member, Board of Directors, Madison County Head Start (1990 - 1992)
- Virginia High School League Football Official (1976 - 1991)
- Coach, Youth League Sports (1979 - 1981, 1996 - 2000, 2003 - 2005)
- Washington and Lee University Alumni Athletic Committee (1997 - 1999)
- Washington and Lee University Blue Ridge Alumni Chapter President (1997 - 1999)
Jack was born in Charlottesville, Virginia and raised in Madison County where he attended Madison County High School. He was Captain of the track and football teams at Washington and Lee University and was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NFL in 1976. He decided, however, to attend law school. Jack lives in Madison County with his wife of 30 years, Lee. They have three daughters. Jack is a basketball enthusiast and has a passion for reading, hiking, and fly fishing.