Christopher J. Toepp
Christopher J. Toepp dedicates his practice of law to helping clients and making his community a safer place. At an early age he has earned a reputation as an exceptional litigator in the courtroom. His expansive trial experience includes hundreds of bench and jury trials. This background gives Chris an understanding of jurors' expectation when they evaluate a case. He knows how to present evidence so that the jury comprehends his client's hardships and their impact.
Chris works on a wide range of personal injury cases including car crashes, truck accidents and motorcycle wrecks. He has an in-depth understanding of what personal injury clients go through in the aftermath of an accident including the physical pain, the impact on loved ones and the financial burdens incurred on the road to recovery.
A former Division I athlete, Chris graduated from Dartmouth College and received his law degree from the William and Mary School of Law. Before joining Allen and Allen he served as an Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney in Richmond, Virginia prosecuting a variety of cases including murder, robbery, animal cruelty, DUI and hit and run. He believes in the court process and enjoys being in the courtroom.
- B.A. Dartmouth College (2004)
- J.D. William and Mary School of Law (2007)
- Oxford University, England (Fall 2003)
- Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney, Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney - Richmond, Virginia (2008 -2012)
- Clerk, United States Attorney's Office - Las Vegas, Nevada - Summer (2006)
- Research Assistant, United States Attorney's Office - Syracuse, New York - Summer (2005)
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- Lewis Powell American Inn of Court (2009 - Present)
- Judge, National Moot Court Competition (2010 - 2011)
- Dartmouth College Alumni Interviewer (2010 - Present)
Chris and his wife, Alison, live in Richmond with their young daughter. Chris is an avid golfer, enjoys fishing and in his free time works on restoring his historic home.